{'en': 'Optimal sugar levels but feel bad', 'es': 'Niveles de azúcar óptimos pero sentirse mal'} Image

Optimal sugar levels but feel bad

Elena Montoro's profile photo   11/04/2019 3:40 p.m.

Good afternoon.

I write in this forum, because I can't find any related to what happens to me.

First of all say that I am not diabetic.

About a month ago I gave me a loss of sugar and I stayed in 43, from there I went to the doctor and they had analysis.Fasting glucose, in blood I get low 64 in one analysis and 69 in another and glycosylated hemoglobin in 4.7%, the rest of things are fine.

I am still waiting to go to the doctor to teach him the results, but my problem is that in the morning I usually lift myself well although there is a long time at breakfast, I reach a sugar of 70.

Normally I have an empty hand between 80-90 but food depous, especially in the morning I do not upload more than 93-94 so I am all morning with headache, dizziness and much hunger much ...

Throughout the day it also usually happens to me.In addition, there are days that I get in bed and I'm already hungry ...

I also had a night to wake up sweating and dizzy.I wanted to know if there is someone the same thing happens or knows this.

Thank you so much!

Elena Montoro's profile photo
Elena Montoro
11/04/2019 3:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They can be hypoglycemia, you have to consult with the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2019 8:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

There is one thing called reactive hypoglycemia ...
There are two reasons, one for insulin overexpression of the Beta cells and the other for deficit in the hepatic glucose deposit
In both cases it is not something that is presented suddenly but usually comes since the person remembers ... that is, it always seems to me that it is not your case
If it is something that has begun to hit you and before, you have to look
The night crisis of sweat and encourage yourself is hypoglycemia
You will tell us

ernesto_navarro's profile photo
ernesto_navarro
11/04/2019 9:03 p.m.

Reactive hypoglycemia.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/04/2019 9:04 p.m.

Surely as partners say, reactive hypoglycemia.Possibly it happened to you more times, but you have not become so low, well because you have eaten something, well because your body has reacted before.What is convenient is that they investigate the reason why it happens to you and why they are now more frequent and strong.The reason is not always found (I had them before starting diabetes, since childIt happens to us), but at least they investigate and try to find it.You will tell us.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/04/2019 9:24 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Thank you very much for the answers.The truth is that it is a peace of mind to know that there are more people who live it or who at least know what it can be.I believed that by hypoglycemia it was understood when it is less than 60-70 but it is green that if I always remain in "low" values ​​...
I am a person who takes great care of meals, but there are times that you no longer know what to do ... especially in the morning is horrible, I cannot do anything because I do not concentrate.

On November 27 I have an appointment with the doctor to consult the results, so I'll inform you ... thank you very much :)

Elena Montoro
11/04/2019 9:32 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have been in the endocrine today since on the night from Thursday to Friday, I got off the sugar after dinner at 88, ate something and uploaded me to 110 but throughout the night I had episodes ofTachycardias, sweat, cold etc.
In the endocrine they have told me that it may be that the pancreas secretes more insulin than normal since it is higher before meals than later.It has also told me something about a predisposition to type 2 diabetes but I don't know what it has to do because I have not seen the sugar higher than 110.
They have sent me some analysis to complete results.

All the best

Elena Montoro
11/18/2019 3:12 p.m.

A hypoglycemia is below 55 in healthy people, having 80 after a meal is normal.In diabetics we consider it before because using insulin the risk that it goes down more is high and it is better to prevent before lowering 70 to have a safety margin.
Reactive hypoglycemia sometimes occur by high meals in hydrates, the pancreas reacts producing a lot of insulin and lowers glucose more than normal.And when the glucose goes down, he hungry.It is better to make lower meals in hydrates avoiding sweets and flours that raise glucose very fast.Better to base food on vegetables, meats, fish, legumes, nuts ... that rise very little and slowly glucose.
Notice if this usually happens to you at all meals or only when you eat certain things.
You can also try to do a day or two low in hydrates and see if you are better and you are less hungry.For example breakfast egg with avocado and then at food and meat or heavy dinner and vegetables or salad and between hours if you usually eat nuts or cheese.There are people who manage to eliminate them stopping foods that upload glucose a lot.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/18/2019 3:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much for your yesssic response.I will do the analyzes and then I will see the results.I will follow the indications that you have told me to see if I feel better.It is true that for example today I have eaten pasta and a banana and at 2 hours you had 140, I had never seen it that way and I don't know if it is normal.

Elena Montoro
11/19/2019 5:49 p.m.

Hello again to all.

I wanted to update my situation.Finally they made me a glucose curve that threw the following results:

Glucose 81 mg/dl (74 - 106)
HOMA INDEX.Insulin resistance 2.47 (less than or equal to 2.5)

Insulin 12.26 µui/ml (3 - 25)

Glucose 60 minutes 117 mg/dl
Glucose 120 minutes 91 mg/dl
180 minutes glucose 74 mg/dl

Insulin 60 minutes 104.20 µui/ml
Insulin 120 minutes 86.05 µui/ml
Insulin 180 minutes 33.52 µui/ml

The endocrine told me that the glucose was fine but that it had "a little" insulin resistance, but could not explain insulin levels at 60, 120 and 180 min (so I don't know if they are fine) andNor did he give me another solution beyond avoiding carbohydrates and sugars.What worries me is that the pancreas still releasing more insulin than it corresponds.

I do not know if I told you that I have polycystic ovaries, I told the endocrine if I could be related and again I could not answer.
Although I already controlled myself and I have less symptoms I would like to an explanation of something beyond avoiding that and like that.

Thank you very much for reading me;)

Elena Montoro
02/06/2020 1 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.