Hypoglycemia without being diabetic?

Allynx's profile photo   11/24/2020 11:24 p.m.

Hello, it comes here with the hope of finding an answer to my problem, it is a condition with which I have lived several years, but lately it has intensified.Looking for information online I came across reactive hypoglycemia, but which is basically a blood sugar downturn by various factors, however, as I repeat, I have been with this problem for many years.The first time I heard about lack of blood sugar, it was with a doctor that by explaining that I frequently have cold and that it costs me work to generate body heat after a bath or exposure at low temperatures, since it takes a long time to recover the temperatureNormal and I lose it very easily, I recommended the intake of daily chocolates.For many years, my only problem was the cold, but about 5 years ago, I had an extremely rare episode, headaches, excessive fatigue and sensation of suffocation, the latter was the one that took me several scares, because I felt without forcesAnd to this they were dizzy, I believed several times that I would drown me, this symptom manifests itself as yawn, but frequent, as if my lungs needed to reach the maximum ability to feel that if I was receiving enough oxygen.Other times he manifested excessive fatigue, at first I thought I needed to sleep, but the strangest thing was that once entering deep sleep, I couldn't wake me up, someone from my family had to wake up, sometimes I lasted more than 24 hours asleep andNight went back to sleep peacefully as if those 24 hours had not happened, everything to feel equally fatigued and wanting to sleep.

I quickly went to do general studies when I began to feel a feeling of leg paralysis, but nothing appeared, finally, I associated my discomfort with low blood pressure, but without evidence of it.I went with an internist doctor, sent me to do thyroid studies and the same as in all previous studies: nothing.Finally, he suggested that perhaps it would be psychological, some stress or concern situation, etc., also prescribed me "Norfrenephrine" and this is the one that helped me a lot and continues to help me.However, it continues to happen to me, but now an anxiety accompanies him to eat sweet things, sometimes I don't want anything other than something sweet.In my family I am reputed that all my life I have devoured any kind of sweet or candy, perhaps what seemed an innocent taste from childhood, adolescence and an adult vice, really have an explanation.The truth is that more than finding a solution, I would like to know what I have.Know if it is hypoglycemia or something else.

I must add that with a diet or without diet, with exercise or without it, the same is still happening

Allynx's profile photo
Allynx
11/24/2020 11:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Allynx ,, welcome!
Have you not detected hypoglycemia in the analyzes?
You would be good for a glucometer to be able to measure when you have those symptoms.
If they diagnose it, the doctor will tell you what you can eat, because it may be due to an excess of insulin, which can be avoided by taking few hydrates ... but you have to treat you an endocrine and put the treatment.
It is rare that with the analytics they have not already given you a diagnosis.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2020 6 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Allynx

I think as they tell you, I would buy me in the pharmacy a blood sugar meter with reactive strips.If they don't prescribe it, I would buy it.There are many and they don't come out expensive.

Mint with your hands very clean and dry when you get up in the morning and also when you feel so weak.You write it down and with that you can tell the doctor that you have no psychological problem!If you are very close or below 70, it is not normal.There are some doctors who do not know what you have tell you that it is psychological.I suffered it years ago with back problems.The very? &@Xx send me relaxing for psychosis cases!Luckily I read the prospect.I threw it in the trash.

Well I hope you find what happens to you.Keep in mind that there may be other causes.If the sugar level is fine, change another internist.What do a complete blood analytics, vitamins, iron, ferritin, etc.

I hope it is solved soon

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/25/2020 9:08 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.