{'en': 'Diabetes and sport.How do you organize?', 'es': 'Diabetes y deporte. ¿Cómo os organizáis?'} Image

Diabetes and sport.How do you organize?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/12/2019 11:26 a.m.

Hello,

I would like to consult those who do some kind of sport as you organize since when I do some activity of cardio, walking or running on tape even though it begins with 200 and glycemic peak begins to download and after a while I have to and take sugar,Because it lowers me a lot at risk of hypoglycemia, and the worst thing is that if you do sports to go down kilo and take sugar at the end it becomes fat for good.

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/12/2019 11:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@antonimar

Hello

Interesting question.

I do (I try) all work.It is important that you do sports in the period in which insulin has already been absorbed, after about 3 hours since the last puncture.If not sport activates the power of insulin and complicates everything enough.

That is why I do sports from 12 to 2 pm more or less, and I get half a liter of water with isostar, in total about 12 gr ch.I usually spend half or a little more alone.I'm looking at the sensor from time to time, but you have to avoid being obsessive, and I drink from time to time.And that works very well.Tb I try not to be very tight.When I start playing sports I have a good drink, and so I make sure to be calmer.

I think it is to try how your body reacts and adjust what you take to be calmer.It also affects a lot if you are accustomed to that sport.

When you do sports, especially if you do some weights, your body comers ch at night.You will not gain!Well you know that food is key.If you don't eat well, with u.Good balance of protein, fat not saturated and CH then it will not work for you.In addition, sport made regularly (that is very important) will allow you to reduce insulin doses.In addition to many other benefits.

If you do it irregularly, everything is more complicated.Because then you will not know how many CH you need or what often.

I carry little diabetic and I have managed to do the same sport that before and I like that!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/13/2019 8:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I usually do it on an empty stomach and normally having punctured me at most 1 unit but at least three hours before.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/13/2019 8:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

If you are very constant and methodical in sport and always practice the same sport, what is and at the same time (morning or afternoon) I believe that the basics is to adjust the basal to the maximum and the schedule in which you put it;With aerobic sport you will need less ràpida insulin or eat more hydrates but to avoid hypos while practicing it, you will also need less basal;What is said if you are very constant and methodical, do not be afraid to lower the basal until you see that aerobic you go in good glycemias without the need to stick to eat.-

Another topic is whether for your lifestyle, one day you are going to play in tennis in the morning and the next day you bicycle in the afternoon in which by the type of sport and time, the control is more complicated.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/13/2019 10:05 p.m.

Maybe you have too much basal insulin, how much are you raising on an empty stomach?I go out to do exercises to improve resistance at 18 or 19 and usually download me, but a few hours after training

NaiVeOut's profile photo
NaiVeOut
11/14/2019 3:37 a.m.

Diabetes sport is generally complicated, but little by little you can control quite well.As you have told you the time you do is very important and also the type of sport.
I summarize my experience with different activities a bit.
- For anaerobic sports (strength exercises and very intense but short exercises such as sprints, climbing ...) the normal trend is to raise glucose as long as there is not fast active.If there is fast, it can even give hypoglycemia but if it does not get quickly it gives a good peak.In my case I have days of staying stable and others to get from 80-100 to 200 in a moment.As I cannot predict what is going to happen, I improvise, I measure me between each exercise and if I need I make myself quickly.Also the time of the day to which training influences me a lot in this and in my case the time of the menstrual cycle, I have not yet managed to get a pattern that is always the same.Eyunas usually rise through hormones and added to exercise is usually a peak of 200 in a matter of little time.If I train late in the afternoon it is more predictable and sometimes the glucose or moves, but that has also happened to me someday so impossible to predict it, it is time to improvise on the march.
- For aerobic sports (running, bike, swimming ...) the normal trend is down.The same as before with fast active the descent is very fast and it is very difficult to avoid the hypo, so avoid exercising this type up to 3 hours or more than the last dose of insulin.And then it is to see with the experience how it usually goes down and prevent it by taking glucose or lowering the basal.With pump it is best to lower basal, with bolis it is already more complicated because the rest of the day you are high.I never use bolis, what I do is exercise aerobid after a weight session and thus compensate one thing with the other.In my case, the morning upload with the exercise also compensated on the exercise and it is doing very well in this case but this depends on each person.I have also uploaded me instead of going down training on an empty stomach, sometimes it is also unpredictable.
As general advice I would tell you that you try to do it always without fast and that you observe and write down everything to see if the same thing always happens and thus anticipate.And very important after exercise, glucose also tends to lower so it is necessary to take it into account.It can take effect up to 24 hours later according to the intensity of the exercise.If you are constant the same this allows you to lower basal and thus adjust better without having to eat.
If your main objective for sports is to lose weight is the best strength sport, they do not usually give hypos and helps you create muscle that will eventually consume more calories.In addition to the fact that the muscle is the best life insurance, with age it is usually lost and is very necessary to reach old in good condition.It is always a good idea to train strength, if you don't know where to start normally in gyms they can guide you a little monitors.And on YouTube there are several channels of the best in this field that explain very well the basic exercises such as Powerexposive and that put routines to do at home how Sergio Peinado.Fitnessrevolutionary also has a website with a lot of information and several training programs although the programs in this case are paid but quite economical.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/14/2019 8:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
Sport with diabetes is complicated in general, but little by little it can be controlled quite well.As you have told you the time you do is very important and also the type of sport.
I summarize my experience with different activities a bit.
- For anaerobic sports (strength exercises and very intense but short exercises such as sprints, climbing ...) the normal trend is to raise glucose as long as there is not fast active.If there is fast, it can even give hypoglycemia but if it does not get quickly it gives a good peak.In my case I have days of staying stable and others to get from 80-100 to 200 in a moment.As I cannot predict what is going to happen, I improvise, I measure me between each exercise and if I need I make myself quickly.Also the time of the day to which training influences me a lot in this and in my case the time of the menstrual cycle, I have not yet managed to get a pattern that is always the same.Eyunas usually rise through hormones and added to exercise is usually a peak of 200 in a matter of little time.If I train late in the afternoon it is more predictable and sometimes the glucose or moves, but that has also happened to me someday so impossible to predict it, it is time to improvise on the march.
- For aerobic sports (running, bike, swimming ...) the normal trend is down.The same as before with fast active the descent is very fast and it is very difficult to avoid the hypo, so avoid exercising this type up to 3 hours or more than the last dose of insulin.And then it is to see with the experience how it usually goes down and prevent it by taking glucose or lowering the basal.With pump it is best to lower basal, with bolis it is already more complicated because the rest of the day you are high.I never use bolis, what I do is exercise aerobid after a weight session and thus compensate one thing with the other.In my case, the morning upload with the exercise also compensated on the exercise and it is doing very well in this case but this depends on each person.I have also uploaded me instead of going down training on an empty stomach, sometimes it is also unpredictable.
As general advice I would tell you that you try to do it always without fast and that you observe and write down everything to see if the same thing always happens and thus anticipate.And very important after exercise, glucose also tends to lower so it is necessary to take it into account.It can take effect up to 24 hours later according to the intensity of the exercise.If you are constant the same this allows you to lower basal and thus adjust better without having to eat.
If your main objective for sports is to lose weight is the best strength sport, they do not usually give hypos and helps you create muscle that will eventually consume more calories.In addition to the fact that the muscle is the best life insurance, with age it is usually lost and is very necessary to reach old in good condition.It is always a good idea to train strength, if you don't know where to start normally in gyms they can guide you a little monitors.And on YouTube there are several channels of the best in this field that explain very well the basic exercises such as Powerexposive and that put routines to do at home how Sergio Peinado.Fitnessrevolutionary also has a website with a lot of information and several training programs although the programs in this case are paid but quite economical.

Thank you very much Jessica

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/14/2019 4:46 p.m.

Well, I try to walk an hour and a half every day (but I can do it right now because I have been left without work) when I worked I went to the gym once every three days for 30 minutes of tape and 15 minutes of bicycle.I am type two diabetic for 5 years and a fat scare has already given me an erisipela

GIORGINO DIEBTINO's profile photo
GIORGINO DIEBTINO
11/17/2019 3:18 p.m.

Diabético tipo dos desde hace 5 años
Medicación Actual: Metformina 1.0 gr x2 (1 mañana y 1 noche) + 850 gr x1 (mediodía)
Hemoglobina glicosilada:
Octubre 2017: 8.00 ;Diciembre 2017: 6.01
Febrero 2018: 6.30; Junio 2018: 7.30, Próximo análisis Septiembre 2018

Hello!
I do spinning, gap, body-pum, etc. in gym and trekking according to weekends.What works best for me not to have hypos is not having active fast insulin when it comes to starting the sport, and if they are intense sports (such as spinning, gap or trekking of many hours) then eat something before starting (energy barFor trekking, juice in the gym).So they don't give me hypos almost ever.And if you do sports regularly the body is customary and do not give as many hypos as at the beginning (that is my experience at least).
Greetings!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/17/2019 5:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Great, my problem is the time I have three free mñanaas and Tuesday and Thursday I soon enter and if I get up more and go to the gym I would only have time to do 40 min of exercise and I do not know if I would compensate for me to think you would need an opinion thank you very much

Alixia's profile photo
Alixia
11/17/2019 11:25 p.m.

@Alixia

Well, I think it's worth going.In 40 m if you do an intensive intervals for some day they can spend many calories.40 m well used give a lot!

If you do not know ask any monitor to show you intensive intervals.For example you run 2 m at the top and then 3 m run slowly.That is done 6 times without stopping will exhaust you and improve your resistance.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/18/2019 1:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much I will try

Alixia's profile photo
Alixia
11/18/2019 1:40 p.m.

I try to train every day during the week without doing great on -affrots, simply to be fit.I also usually give me some Sports massage like this that undoubtedly help me recover and feel much better.I recommend it!

marta5's profile photo
marta5
11/18/2019 5:17 p.m.

My daughter that goes to the Gym in the late afternoon, needs to do some right, not to go down at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/19/2019 12:44 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As more or less injections have already spoken, I will put my case with the bomb.I currently do karate two days a week (4 hours) and bicycle on weekends.I do the analysis before and depending on how this, I adjust the pump.Normally that injects 80% less.After the new analysis and I see if I have to take a ration of HC.But all this has given it to me and error.That is, a 20 was lowered the same, then a 40, etc ... and so on to the combination, between what I calculate that I am going to move depending on how I am before I do it.The experience.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/26/2019 7:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.