{'en': 'Uncontrolled with the change of time', 'es': 'Descontrol con el cambio del tiempo'} Image

Uncontrolled with the change of time

a141abc's profile photo   11/29/2020 5:05 p.m.

Does it also happen that when there is change of time, glucose rises in a roller coaster?

Thank you!

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
11/29/2020 5:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, I think it is because the body consumes more or less energy, for example, when it is colder, I think it consumes more to keep heat, similar to when you do sports, while when we go to summer, withThe heat is reduced.

Eye!, This is my theory, based on my experience, here that everyone says yours.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/29/2020 6:34 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
yes, I think it is because the body consumes more or less energy, for example, when it is colder, I think it consumes more to be able to keep the heat, similar toWhen you do sports, while when we go to summer, with heat, it is reduced.

In my case and more than proven, in summer my body has more insulin sensitivity and in winter less.That is why you comment @fer, I had never stopped to think so, but I could have its logic.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
11/30/2020 7:29 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

jaume said:
fer said:
yes, I think it is because the body consumes more or less energy, for example, when it is colder, I think I thinkwhich consumes more to keep heat, similar to when you do sports, while when we go to summer, with heat, it is reduced.

In my case and more than proven, in summer my body has more insulin sensitivity and in winter less.That is why you comment @fer, I had never stopped to think so, but I could have its logic.

I agree, in winter it seems that I get much more, and consequently the doses of insulin.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/01/2020 7:18 p.m.

Adding to what has already been commented, I think it is also easier for us to play sport in summer than in winter, and that can also affect changes in glucose level.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/01/2020 7:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When it is summer and also coincides that I am on the beach, I use much less fast.The difference is so striking that I told the educator and told me that with heat and humidity the pore is more dilated and insulin is absorbed before.I can understand this explanation, but it refers to the speed of absorption, it does not clarify that my ratio varies so much, so I have added from my own harvest that in the holiday period I am much more relaxed and I suppose that my body is less to thedefensive to any stress situation, so it does not produce so much glucose.And in these stages in which I have completely disconnected even I have to lower the slow about 4 units.

I no longer go around the fact that I can take a couple of beers without putting insulin in summer (I speak of summer and not of any weekend because my mind has to know that it is not a passenger period, but it hasA long time ahead without great worries) or that for breakfast with 3 units is able to take two toast with a little oil, a pair of coffees with semi milk and a small fruit, while when I work, a miserable coffee with a drinkof almond that is like dirty water (HC 0 g and fats 1.5 g per 100 ml) suppose 4 units at breakfast.

The exciting world of diabetes, stress and stations temperature ...

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/01/2020 8:31 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

palomilla said:
when it is summer and also coincides that I am on the beach, I use much less fast.The difference is so striking that I told the educator and told me that with heat and humidity the pore is more dilated and insulin is absorbed before.I can understand this explanation, but it refers to the speed of absorption, it does not clarify that my ratio varies so much, so I have added from my own harvest that in the holiday period I am much more relaxed and I suppose that my body is less to thedefensive to any stress situation, so it does not produce so much glucose.And in these stages in which I have completely disconnected even I have to lower the slow about 4 units.

I no longer give your to the fact that I can get a couple of beers without putting insulin in summer (I speak of summer and not of any weekend because my mind has to know that it is not a passenger period, but it hasA long time ahead without great worries) or that for breakfast with 3 units is able to take two toast with a little oil, a pair of coffees with semi milk and a small fruit, while when I work, a miserable coffee with a drinkof almond that is like dirty water (HC 0 g and fats 1.5 g per 100 ml) suppose 4 units at breakfast.

The exciting world of diabetes, stress and stations temperature ...

I see it totally viable that later in absorbing.I maintain the same sport level in winter in summer and I have been fixing and I think it takes to take effect more than anything else.I will prick 2 h before eating hahaha

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
12/01/2020 9:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.