{'en': 'My type 2 diabetes, it becomes 1 and now lada.Insulin at all hours?', 'es': 'Mi diabetes tipo 2, paso a ser 1 y ahora LADA. ¿Insulina a todas horas?'} Image

My type 2 diabetes, it becomes 1 and now lada.Insulin at all hours?

Julyatou's profile photo   11/14/2019 1:01 a.m.

Hello!!

Three months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus, I left the hospital with pills.

At the end of October the endocrine told me that it was type 1. and after a last analysis it now turns out that I am lada.

The fact is that I shed Toujeo 13 at night.Fixed Humalog 5-5-4 and 1.5 in any other meal.

I make five meals and peak at night, so I have practically click every two or three hours.

Isn't it too much ???

Do you all click so many times?

Thank you!

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/14/2019 1:01 a.m.

DM1 desde junio 2019 (49 años)
Humalog: 5-5-4
Toujeo: 13 (noche)
Hemo: 8,3

I am still in honeymoon phase, but whenever you eat something you have to click insulin to correct.I was recommended

NaiVeOut's profile photo
NaiVeOut
11/14/2019 3:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Julyatou said:
hello !!Three months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus, I left the hospital with pills.At the end of October the endocrine told me that it was type 1. and after a last analysis it now turns out that I am lada.The fact is that I shed Toujeo 13 at night.Fixed Humalog 5-5-4 and 1.5 in any other meal.I make five meals and peak at night, so I have practically click every two or three hours.Isn't it too much ???You all click so many times ??

I started a few months ago with 6 slowly and I'm going for 16.
Fast at breakfast, mid -morning.Food, snack, and before dinner, and after dinner to correct.
If as low in hydrates, slowly very slowly and disregard (almost all), but as a single more hydrate I have to correct very quickly when slow down.
With colds or flu, I already puncture 300 units of rapida in 4 days.
In summary ... If I get along very well.But if slowly and it happens ... no.

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
11/14/2019 3:32 a.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

@Julyatou

I have been more than a year and a half and more or less I stay with the same amounts of basal and fast thanks to playing regularly and controlling the CH q I take up.

I only make 3 meals a day and if pecking I procure that it does not have ch, or that they are so few that it is not necessary to prick (for a few almonds, nuts, pipes, soy yogurt).

Important, in my case, dinner makes it very light (only 2 rations of CH and about 120 gr of chicken/fish with about 150 gr of vegetables, and already this) and I try that it is about 2-3 hours before bedtime.Breakfast makes it more powerful (with about 4 rations of CH) and the food also (with another 4 portions of CH and I try to increase in proteins and fats).

At first it is not easy, the truth, but you only have to be constant and see in what factors you stabilize.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/14/2019 11:02 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

naiveout said:
I am still in honeymoon phase, but whenever you eat something you have to prick insulin to correct.I was recommended

Do you eat hydrates in all meals and do not use fast?

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/14/2019 11:31 a.m.

Does anyone know if you have a minimum of hours between doses?Because, according to my app, there are times that when I click a dose of Humalog I still have enough of the previous one

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/14/2019 11:33 a.m.

@Julyatou

Fast insulin lasts about 2 hours (a bit of effect until 3 am).In general, it is recommended not to assemble dose.That is, wait at least 2 hours (2 and a half better) before putting another dose.

jldiazdel
11/14/2019 11:41 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@Julyatou

Fast insulin lasts about 2 hours (a bit of effect until 3 am).In general, it is recommended not to assemble dose.That is, wait at least 2 hours (2 and a half better) before putting another dose.

Oh well, I will do it from here on, thank you very much

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/14/2019 11:45 a.m.

Hello.I am new in this.What is the honeymoon?

ANNA_YO's profile photo
ANNA_YO
01/25/2020 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @anna_yo

It is the period in which your pancreas still (Beta Cells) emit some insulin.That is why during that period you need less insulin by ration of carbohydrates.Its duration is very variable and depends on each person.Months and even years according to my doctor.You can make a blood analytical that includes the peptide C. Your endocrine can explain the result if you are curious.

What helps a lot is to control the amount of carbohydrates that you eat per day, avoid foods and food with many saturated fats (such as fried) and play sports regularly.

All the best

jldiazdel
01/26/2020 12:10 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.