Postpandial Picos

rosariomencas's profile photo   12/05/2020 10:27 a.m.

Hello!I am new here, debut of type 1 diabetes in September and I am still learning a lot, it is helping me a lot.
I have only had two consultations with my endocrine and it is not clear to me what should be the objective of postpandracial values ​​since the endocrine and the educator in diabetes have told me.

According to my endocrine, my goal must be a blood glucose less than 150 at 2 hours of eating regardless of the peak in those two hours, even if I arrived for example to 240. However, the educator told me that since I have the freestyle on I mustNote that the peak never exceeds the objective value, in my case 150. How do you control the postpandracials?

Thank you very much for your help.

rosariomencas's profile photo
rosariomencas
12/05/2020 10:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The ideal is to be below 180 at two hours of having eaten.In my case if I see that I do not get more than 180, I get more insulin.
To avoid the peak you must put the insulin about 2o min before eating to match the effect of the medication with the absorption of nutrients.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/05/2020 6:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Rosariomencas

Follow your endocrine.

For us not to exceed 150 at the time of a meal is very complicated.The important thing is that after two or three hours you are below 150, I would say that better about 120. Well, the ideal is that after three hours you are about 100. Keep in mind that the sensor has errors and that has a delayof about 20m about what you are really in blood.That sometimes we forget.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/05/2020 8:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for the orientation, I stay much calmer with the values ​​I am having.
All the best

rosariomencas's profile photo
rosariomencas
12/06/2020 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.