Can weight loss have "cured" diabetes?

Toño Palacio's profile photo   12/20/2020 10:48 a.m.

Good morning., I have type 2 diabetes diagnosed for 4 or 5 years.From the first day the treatment has always been the same, two daily pills of 1000 metformin (first eukreas and then changed me, by the cardiologist, Ebymect).Until about six months ago, my fasting values ​​ranged between 120 (most of the days) and 150 (a few days, arriving sporadically at 180 or 190 if the previous day had committed some excess).

I have always been overweight, although not too much, I measure 1'80 and used to oscillate in recent years between 90-93 kilos.Following the confinement, vice versa that most, I began to lose weight based on caring - let the dinners with very good results.I have dropped to 81 and I have stabilized in that weight with which I am very comfortable.

In addition to the fact that the tension, which lately I had high and in treatment, I always have it very well, even something sometimes low, fasting glucose values ​​never happen to me of 110, even if you do any excess.Whatever.I have come to be in a celebration and "pass everything", eating high incoming in hydrates, a good plate of rice, sweet desserts and liquors also sweets and the next morning, less than 100. As I say, I do not pass 110, usually normallybetween 90-100.I have even thought if the glucometer will not fail me.

I have a visit with the endocrine at the end of January.I will talk to him, of course.Perhaps it is time to lower my dose of metformin, I do not know, but it has occurred to me to raise the matter in case you know cases that a weight loss (which has not been spectacular, 11 kilos) has almost sent diabetes.

Happy parties to all.

Toño Palacio's profile photo
Toño Palacio
12/20/2020 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Toño Palacio"
Weight loss has probably reduced insulin resistance.Apart from eating "well" don't forget to move, play sports.The endocrine will tell you how much you can go down in your pills.

In any case, do not relax these days of parties and do not make excesses.One day is a day, but be careful.You could go back and lose all the effort you have made quickly.

Happy parties!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/20/2020 1:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Very well done, as Jdiazdel says he will have lowered insulin resistance since you eat much better.Diabetes is chronic and you should not leave the diet since it would get worse again, but as you can see it can improve a lot and make normal life.Congratulations!

Happy parties!

freesoft's profile photo
freesoft
12/20/2020 5:28 p.m.

43 años (debut Diabetes tipo 1 hace 4)
Toujeo 26 Unidades + apidra 5 en comidas (variable)
Basal 70 - 110
A1c: 5,6 (puro del endocrino por dar tan baja)

What glycosylated do you have or have? ... Eye with the glucometer, mine has an error of less 15-20% collated with laboratory values ​​when I do analysis. Anyway, congratulations, as I have heard there the D2 does not disappearBut if you can win the daily battle as you have done.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/20/2020 10:07 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"Anyway congratulations, as I have heard there the D2 does not disappear but if you can win the daily battle as you have done.
Thank you.I have always had it with good values, from the beginning of the disease.Maximum 5.5.The last one a few months ago, 5.

Toño Palacio
12/21/2020 10:15 a.m.

The important thing, apart from getting up in those values ​​is that you have no peaks after meals.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/21/2020 3:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
The important thing, apart from getting up in those values ​​is that you have no peaks after meals.

Thank you.If I am not wrong, the low values ​​that I always have in the glycosilada seem to indicate that I do not have those peaks.

Toño Palacio
12/21/2020 3:45 p.m.

Then it is very likely that if they do not completely withdraw the medication, they lower it to you.Congratulations because carrying such good control, for us, it's an achievement :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/21/2020 6:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Type 2 diabetes is totally reversible if life habits are changed.
I speak to you as a therapeutic nutritionist specialized in diabetes.In my consultation I have managed to normalize the glucose values ​​of type 2 diabetics if adequate nutrition is carried, some sport is done and there is a good rest and control of the emotional part.
Therefore, your clear weight loss that has influenced.And you could improve much more not giving you those binge to "specific" hydrates that do not favor your body.

I have type 1 diabetes and I only inject 5 Lantus units at night.The rest makes good nutrition and daily intermittent fasting for more than 2 years

Nuria Biopowerfit's profile photo
Nuria Biopowerfit
12/27/2020 6:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.