Controlled diabetes only good food

michaelmic's profile photo   12/09/2019 9:28 p.m.

Hello, I have a consultation.Can you live with diabetes 2 without medicine?Only with a good diet?How necessary is it really to take metformin or inject insulin when blood sugar levels can be controlled by low foods in glycemic index?

michaelmic's profile photo
michaelmic
12/09/2019 9:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, of course, controlling very well what you eat and exercising.

Also with a ketogenic diet, I have a partner who is type 2 diabetics and not to take pills but it is essential to exercise for the natural fats that are ingested.

@Yessica_a surely advises you very well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2019 12:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There are people who control it and even revert it with low food in HC, exercise and sometimes fast.It depends on the case, it will be necessary to be more or less strict.If you start soon many times it is not necessary or make ketogenic food, with eating low in HC it arrives and some legumes and fruits can be eaten, it depends on the case.
If you want there is a group on Facebook where there is a lot of information about low Diets in HC with diabetes, most are type 1 but there are also type 2. Looking for "Diabetes low in hydrates" on Facebook and you find it easy.
The dietdoctor page is also very good that has a lot of Spanish content.And the book "The Diabetes Code" by Jason Fung that is very oriented to type 2 and explains how type 2 diabetes can be reversed with food and fasting.There are also very good information several blogs: Lameteoqueviene (in the Nutrition Section) and Novuelvoaengoido.
You have 2 options to do this type of feeding: learn everything on your own and do or put yourself in the hands of a nutritionist specialized in ketogenic or low diets in HC and if you know about diabetes better.It is always easier with a professional, but if you cannot or do not want to pay it because on your own you can learn, but it is important to understand what ketosis is and the effect it produces and know of food, the macros of each food andHow to eat healthy so that you don't miss nutrients.In the end it is to base the diet on vegetables, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, dairy (usually only cheese and some yogurt) and if you do not make strict keto also some legumes and fruits but controlling quantities.Also if you take medication it is important to adapt it, so you will have to consult with the doctor and make you track you to adjust or eliminate it if necessary.
My advice is that you go with a professional who will also make periodic analytics and follow -up.But if you don't want this option, then learn everything before making drastic changes because if you use medication it can be dangerous if you don't adjust it well.

If you have more concrete doubts you can ask me and I help you with what I can or I pass information.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/10/2019 1:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hi Michaelmic:

I can tell you my experience.I am type 2 diabetic for about 30 years.At first I just paid attention to my doctors.They basically explained that diabetes is an incurable disease and that every day I would go to more.The only thing I could do is try to stop its progress medical (metformin and yellow), not eating sugar, or food with high glycemic index and exercising.For a long time I tried to follow these indications without considering anything more and little by little the doses of medicines were raising.Doctors appreciated my efforts, especially to exercise but I think the increase in medication saw it as inevitable.

Little by little I was interested in food issues and I acquired awareness that my health depends essentially on myself.Doctors are important, of course, but I have the responsibility of my life.And in a way I began to feel that I should not delegate the decisions about my illness in anyone.This led me to study everything I could about type 2 diabetes and look for solutions based on food and lifestyle to reverse diabetes.After studying I discovered Dr. Cousen's crude -glean proposal.So I put on it.I became Crudivegetarian and combined it with constant exercise.During that time I managed to reduce my blood glucose.I got to be some times without having to medicate.But to achieve this, I had to be tomorrow and exercise.As soon as I relaxed a little, the glucose rose me again.

About 7 months ago I began to read Dr. Fung's opinions about his way of understanding diabetes and that of another series of endocrine who defended their way of understanding it and their proposal to reverse diabetes.Total, the theory convinced me and put myself to it.Basically at this time I have worked in 4 addresses:

ketogenic food : extremely high in fat and carbohydrates.
exercise : in three directions: aerobic, strength and flexibility
intermittent fasting : daily fasting of 16 hours.Sporadically fasting 18 or more hours.
meditation : Zen and Mokuso meditation

What result have I obtained?At 5 months I had my glycosylated hemoglobin at 5.4.As my doctor says seeing the results of my analysis, no one would believe that I am diabetic.It is not that I have cured me, obviously, but I have managed to reverse diabetes in a simple, effective and fast way.Perhaps that is why in Norway this ketogenic lifestyle is already implanted as the official recommendation for people with type 2 diabetes.

How have I get here?because essentially studying everything I have been able to understand Dr. Fung's diabetes understanding and his reversion proposal with ketogenic food and also informing my doctor of the decisions I was making.

There is my experience.I hope it helps you something.

All the best

Odiseo's profile photo
Odiseo
01/10/2020 5:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It all depends on the residual insulin that is active.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/11/2020 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.