Freshly diagnosed and I feel fatal

Carlos Miguel Cerna's profile photo   12/25/2020 6:18 a.m.

Hello a pleasure to greet them, 4 days ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, the truth from that moment I am with many negative feelings, to the fact of believing that my life went to the trash, I do not know if it is exaggerated to think about that, I feeldepressed and scared when reading online all the complications that it entails so I would appreciate that they help me solve doubts,
1. If you keep your glucose level at normal levels, your wounds are normally cured or always have a delay?
2. The complications will arrive sooner or later or it is only if I do not take care
3. If as something sweet I automatically have a sugar rise?
4. How to know if I have high or low sugar (I don't have glucometer) some symptoms and what are they?
5. In my family there is no history and I really feel alone without support and the truth I need it I do not know how to deal with all this.
Thanks for your attention and support

Carlos Miguel Cerna's profile photo
Carlos Miguel Cerna
12/25/2020 6:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome to the forum.If you manage to control it well, you will live many years without any complication and at that time better treatments for everything will be.
You have a whole life ahead.
But control is very important, and learn a lot, little by little, to get a good insulin guideline.
Much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/25/2020 8:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Carlos Miguel Cerna

First, it is important to know if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes. In very simple terms, type 1 the pancreas does not generate insulin and is always required after each insulin meal.And at night we put slow insulin.In type 2, the pancreas generates but the body has resistance and does not assimilate it completely.It is usually treated with pills and/or some injection that helps reduce insulin resistance.Most are type 2.
Your endocrine tea will say it.
About your questions
1) Yes, without any problem.If you keep your glucose levels, there is no problem

2) If you don't take care of yourself, it's slow death.Up to you.If you take care of yourself, when you touch you!As if you didn't have diabetes

3) Yes, insured if you have type 1 diabetes.

4) Thirst and weight loss.Buy a glucometer.It is very important!And see the endocrine.Control after each meal.I insist: it is very important

5) That sometimes happens.That's what the forum is for (and doctors!)

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/26/2020 8:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello and welcome.
As @jldiazdel tells you, it is important to know if you are type 1 or 2.
Glucometer if you are type 1 and live in Spain, they have to give it to you.
Normal life you can take as soon as I assimilated that now it's time to live like this and learn to know your body.
Greetings

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/28/2020 3:50 p.m.

I entered the emergency department that I thought I was dying.When I was diagnosed with diabetes it was a relief.Do not get depressed, more than a disease it looks like a breakdown, taking care of yourself a little and controlling sugar levels nothing prevents you from making normal life.<3

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
01/03/2021 11:15 a.m.

Good I do not usually get into this forum, but if I can tell you that you are the same, you can do the same things, you can even learn many things, to eat, to train and when you control it you can help many people who begin never think thatYou are at a disadvantage in any aspect of life because it is not so, visit my Instagram and I will show you what a person with type 1 diabetes is capable of doing and leading a completely controlled and happy life without affecting you as least, it isPerspective question!Courage Instagram: @diabetstrong

Jesusvs's profile photo
Jesusvs
01/03/2021 11:47 a.m.

Hello,, I do not remember almost even how I felt because it makes it more than 30 years, time flying haha, do not worry just have to take care of the diabetes without worrying or alarming you too much, not to roll up and write to you a novelI will try to answer your questions:

If you keep your glucose level at normal levels, your wounds normally cure or always have a delay?
I would say normally, there are a lot of bulos and this must be one of them, usually if you are controlled the wounds cure well
2. The complications will arrive sooner or later or it is only if I do not take care
They do not have to get if you take care of yourself, medicine and diabetes treatment have evolved a lot.
Even with 30 years of evolution, you can continue without complications

3. If as something sweet I automatically have a sugar rise?
If, even if you pass with bread or pizza or popcorn or pasta, sugar rises, but there are diabetics who know how to adjust insulin and sweet, I don't know, and I already prefer not to eat it,
4. How to know if I have high or low sugar (I don't have glucometer) some symptoms and what are they?
Alto is complicated and low if you feel dizzy, as weird, or you get hone

5. In my family there is no history and I really feel alone without support and the truth I need it I do not know how to deal with all this
.In my family there were also no history, you will have an educator in diabetes and a doctor who will help you
Much encouragement,

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
01/03/2021 6:29 p.m.

Good afternoon

I subscribe what Nuria says.
I was diagnosed with me in May 81, I have had rebel times, but the most important thing is to have a cold head.Right now the technology progresses a lot ... and the worst thing is that you get tired, for having to look at you, click, etc ... tasks added to life, which must be taken as a job/ studies that to thelong brought their fruits (you enjoy life with health)
Take it as a hobby or some studies for a lifetime (of all this is learned ymucho) it is as if you will get the specialty of endocrinology :-)

greetings

pablus75's profile photo
pablus75
01/03/2021 9:04 p.m.

Hello,
Next month 39 years ago of my diagnosis.
For 4 years, keeping my glyc below 7, as recommended, (since I use new technologies) .... Before the blood glucose sensor, everything was different, very difficult to maintain good blood glucose values, with the capillaries you only saw the moment, I feared the hypos a lot so it was always above 200, but still, the years have passed and there are no complications, so do not worry about that now, take care of yourself inAcquire good habits, try to have a sensor as soon as possible that will help you and a lot to know where your glycemia is and above all live ....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/07/2021 8:17 p.m.

Hello,
I understand the fear of the new, I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, at first, at first if I had my sight blurred for 15 days and felt fatal, fortunately with a diet I lowered my levels of fast sugar and themonth I have returned my view, I still assimilate it and thanks to this forum I have a most informed state of how to live with the nursing ..

francomx's profile photo
francomx
01/26/2021 2:34 a.m.

I was diagnosed three months or so.By difference where I have learned most is here, in Internet articles and when I see the endocrine.I see this little, he must have finished desperate my messages and calls.You will take confidence as you control your values.I can explain little, but if telling you how much encouragement, you have to take care and live and, every time there are better medications.Here are people with many years of diabetes.I have no history in my family.CHEER UP!!!!!

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
01/26/2021 1:40 p.m.

Finding fear is logical and normal when you are diagnosed with an unknown disease.I have a question now you are afraid of the disease in itself, or the change of life Diet Exercise Healthy life and so on.My debut 40 years ago, how a partner has explained was not even because of what we have today.I do not crush my head so much to compensate how it will go within 20 years and dedicate me a daily air, routine schedules medication and so on day after day they have been a month after week and so on.I can talk about this as I take care of me now and I have not cared for anything at all and carry the problems.Of course when you do not take care of yourself and you say that the problems arrive when you really get scared. Fortunately after having all kinds of complications I sell one.And I feel good with myself and I see that my sacrifice and effort have a reward.Tip that will give you any veteran day by day step by step now now food.Greetings and encouragement

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/26/2021 2:34 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Hello Carlos.They diagnosed me a month and a half ago.The endocrine sees me on February 10.The first weeks have been very hard psychologically but then things look different.Reading this forum has helped me a lot (thanks to everyone) and for me, having information is very important.
However, you do not confuse information with reading everything that is written on the Internet.I only read the forum because reading other websites I was very scared.Information for me is to control the disease.They gave me glucometer but they prescribe a strip a day, which is nothing because it is believed that I am type 2. As they were very expensive and I failed a lot I found in Amazon one that is going well and the strips are very affordable.
I started with very high levels and seeing now that I am going well I'm calmer.I take metformin and I am with basal insulin abasaglar in the morning.
You have to assume that to have a dropper the only requirement is to be alive, so much encouragement and take care of the forum that is wonderful.And taking care of everything is going well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/29/2021 9:40 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I don't remember fear 6 years ago.
I am the first family diabetics by both parties.
I debuted with 40 years, which meant a change of radical life, but I would even say that better because now I exercise.I leave a lot, travel, work, etc.Diabetes has not prevented me from.
Two weeks with the diabetological nurse and ahead.Where I learned most it was in this forum and testing with my body.
Once you learn how your body behaves and accept diabetes, your CIDA is practically almost normal.
We also have some ups and downs but not being diabetic they also have.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2021 11:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I debut 6 years ago type 1 well rather bone autoimmune, if it is true that at first you fall the world then you are gradually learning, accepting and living that remedy, the truth is that when I speak with the endocrineCauses is strange to debut with 48 years, and I answer that those years was what wins me, I mean that you are usually being genetically.
The truth is that I was one of the first to take free, and it meant better life in what is there, but the months I was if I crushed my fingers.
Well we have to adapt and move on there is no other, I have tried that diabetes not condition life too much.The forum helped me a lot.
encouragement and luck

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2021 5:22 p.m.

I am a rookie, but I have quickly learned to live with this.
How are you?Better?For sure yes.
I'm going to tell you from the depths of my heart as I am.
My brother and father are type 1 diabetics, my way of being, if it does not become for that ... something fatal would have happened in my life, I am one of those who say ... because I ... I can't with this.

The first moment that the educator was confirmed, the first needles ... there I collapse.

I cried like a small child, I couldn't ... but you continue or stay there attached to the hospital.

There I said, to live hell!

The first days are difficult very!You will have the sensations and teach you when you are tall and bass.

High: hyperactivity, the best example for me is like taking a strong drug, if you are above 300 to 500 or more, for weeks.

Bajo: The sensation is so rare ... Your body begins to suffer very soft tremors and you start to notice sweat squid ... quickly drink sugar with water.2g and eat something.

In the case of being high of sugar, it is not necessaryIt can go down a lot.

The complications come to the months if you do not control, it is a sensitive body, if you are high "months" you begin to notice effects, lost view, muscle pains that you never had, you can suddenly spend 30 or 40 years in months.Be careful.Of course, if you are in green zone 120 170 you are perfect, and as if nothing despite the punctures.

It automatically goes up if, realize that your body squeeze everything you eat, in a matter of a couple of minutes the sugar in any edible product affects and climbs you.To a gum.Because?I don't know well, I think it's because of carbohydrates, a simple strawberry gum raises you a lot and if you swallow it more.

Important wounds, I don't have much time in type 1 and few wounds ... but externally scars cuts ... there is not much difference you almost notice, internally .... it is another song I think.There I do not get even afraid to talk about it, as my organs will be.It always depends on whether you are in green, yellow or red zone.Each color carries more deterioration and in case of healing.

Sorry for spelling fouls hehe.

Well, I have been a few days or weeks ago, your body will adapt quickly, take it with peace of mind, discover the strengths and weaknesses of diabetes.

When sleeping, mine spends a lot of energy and if I do not sleep in 190 I finish at 9 or 10 am with 50.

Breakfast, click 10 min before, there is a world after receiving the news, but with mood.

In love or sex, in my case it shows if I am high, low or normal.

Are there a WhatsApp or something?

A hug!

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
02/02/2021 9:35 a.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

How old are you?I understand that yours is DM1, diabetes can be "limiting" non -disabled ", if you are young they were bottle, change it by bike, motorcycle or other sport, drugs are over, thank God and alcohol you start enjoying the flavorFrom a one or two wine or a beer, welcome to life when you take the quiet you will see how you have more fun, you have more real friends and you will be more lively

CARLOS MIGUEL CERNA said:

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/02/2021 1:26 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I think who opened this issue asking for advice no longer enters the forum since January 12!

No matter why I liked to read the response of @"Pablo Asturianin" !!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/02/2021 6:04 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:

No matter why I liked to read the response of @"Pablo Asturianin" !!

🤪🤪🤪🤪
Well, less bad that it did not enter ... I have flipped, especially the part that says

High: hyperactivity, the best example for me is like taking a strong drug, if you are above 300 to 500 or more, *for weeks *

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/05/2021 11:13 p.m.

Ok, it is true that some words are strong.I tell you about the drug because I have lived it and sincerely the hyperactivity effect to me, also when I am high it has the effect of being tired ... and of course I have not taken cocaine or heroine, but an image that IIt serves a lot is that of the Simpsons where Homer in a chapter, was drugged to take both sugar and the eyes go, as dishes.And to be honest, what I have been high for months I don't want anyone.It is good not to play with our lives, and say some things ... not to scare but to take it seriously.
And for more extreme doubts hehe, I think that being very low, in 50 something like that, the brain begins to delir?

I thank you for the comment, I will try to refine in my answers.😅

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
02/06/2021 12:34 a.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.