Type 1 Lada Diabetes

Lada76's profile photo   12/21/2019 11 a.m.

Good morning everyone,
I am new in the group and I wanted to introduce myself and ask you to opinion about some doubts that I have.
I debuted with 32 years with type 2 diabetes but it was the false "honeymoon" because I have always been type 1 lada, now I am 43 years old.At the beginning of the disease I did not take care of anything, and I have been doing the fool with the disease, because I did not take it seriously.But about two years ago I became aware of the severity of it (I have mild retinopathy) and I have seriously put myself with the care and I have to say that I have managed to lower my glyd that had it more or less than 13 or 14 to lower itto 7.4 that I am now.The payment for having dropped so much the glyd is that I have increased a lot of weight.I measure 1.62 cm and weight 87 kilos.I have fattened a lot, about 16 kilos plus those who have already left over, because I had a little overweight.Speaking with my endocrine about my weight concern, because so far the most important thing was to lower sugar levels, it has told me about pills used by type 2 diabetics that would help me lose weight.But they have consequences, or risks such as entering diabetic ketosis.If there is someone in the group who knows something of the subject, if they are effective, if they really help lose weight I would appreciate any comment.In addition to having diabetes I also have rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism and depression, with their corresponding treatments.Now I carry a very strict hydrates diet, in fact hunger because as fair, since I want to keep diabetes at bay.Can anyone in the group illuminate on the subject of losing weight?I have tried and in fact I exercise, but nothing more than gain more weight, but I do not lose anything.Help Group.And greetings to everyone.

Lada76's profile photo
Lada76
12/21/2019 11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @lada76, welcome to the group.
I do not know anything, I have read that there are some for type 2 diabetics. The risk of ketosis is always there, but with medical control should not appear or at least be very controlled so that it does not harm you.

I also want to lose weight and my endocrine told me that I should exercise strength to grow the muscle along with aerobic exercises that is the only thing I do.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2019 11:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Lada and everyone.(The payment for having lowered the glying is that I have increased a lot of weight.) This one that you say I do not understand.If you meet the hydrates that have sent you, it is rare for you to fattens, they may not be correct.Let me tell you what I do, 40 of hydrates, and fruit, food and dinner, and breakfast 7 normal cookies, with a milk base with saccharin.Neverly.It is also very important not to sit after meals, walk 30 minutes a day, as something normal, and if you can more, better, apart from the task of a house, which is also exercise.Doing what I told you, I lost 10 kilos.
Tell her with your educator.The worst thing is depression, and walking will do very well.To go ahead, with encouragement it goes everywhere.HAPPY 2020 AND LUCK TO EVERYONE !!!

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/27/2019 11:08 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

@Lada76

To lose weight in my opinion, the ideal combination is a regular exercise (both aerobic and force, the muscle eats) with balanced food and adapted to your daily expense / life.And be regular and have a lot of patience.You have to lose weight gradually.It is that you change your food habits.The exercise only does not work, as you have checked.It's not about diet!That is a mistake.For example, it is not only about eating carbohydrates in moderation but also avoiding fried and other saturated fats.Also avoid copious dinners.The plate method (a part of vegetables, another of quality proteins and another of carbohydrars) can help you.

The best thing is that you talk to a nutritionist and make you a plan.Talk to your endocrine

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/06/2020 4:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.