{'en': 'Hospitalization due to insulin overdose', 'es': 'Hospitalización por sobredosis de insulina'} Image

Hospitalization due to insulin overdose

Jose3332's profile photo   12/28/2019 2:45 a.m.

Well,

Tonight for dinner I have punctured 35 U, a barbarity compared to what I punctured two weeks ago (I have been in which I do not stop raising the doses every day).

But at 1 at night my blessed brain has had the wonderful idea of ​​clicking 60 or correction (I was in 350).Suddenly I have realized stupidity, I have told my father and in the end he has decided to take me to the hospital.

Well, in summary, an emergency patient, I have passed the blood glucose, I have released everything.Then I have passed to Box (I'm still there).After 30 minutes, who knows, could be dead if he did not know about diabetes etc ..

Well, now the best part comes, the doctor comes: I tell her the story.I ask him if it is possible that he is in ketoacidosis and tells me that "no, if you had ketoacidosis you would be in hypoglycemia trembling, dizzy and unconscious.

Then I told her that the slow one was going well, and that she kept me stable when I didn't have a fast insulin, the next thing she told me has been: "Click slower and you will have to prick you less rapid" it is worth there, he is right, he is right,Then I have explained that if towards that, I would come down at night, to which it answers me "if you click slower, you will have it more controlled at night" and I stay "then it is worth."

And then I have asked him about a possible infection and said "no".Well postdata at least have done the analyzes.We'll see what happens.

I love when doctors speak to patients as if they killing anything about their illness, and as if they could tell them anything and swallow it.

Greetings!

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
12/28/2019 2:45 a.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

Let's see how you are in the hospital.If the slow keeps you stable, maybe they have to change the fast.
Are there other rapids, Humalog or Fiaps?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/28/2019 2:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I understand you, I have been bad with gastroenteritis for 2 days.I did a acetone test in urine and the result was: ++++.They had punctured me primar and continued to vomit ... I continued the recommendation, get to the hospital.They took a sample of urine and a capillary and EA, there the thing stayed and they sent me home with the explanation that I was probably like that thanks to some inadvertent hypo at night.The next day I went for the casualty and the doctor (rather, the, in the end there were 2) that attended me hallucinated because they had not done me or blood analysis.The explanation that they gave me about the presence of the positive was completely different.I have a little little in this world and I don't know who to believe.Today I continue with ++++, but the latter explained to me that being bad it would be like this all the time.Who did I think?

It gives me the feeling that despite the amount of diabetics that we are there is no real consensus on action guidelines, or those that doctors have to take or we should follow.And as you say @Jose332 in the end, the only thing that you have left is a "well."I hope you are better and the scare has passed.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/28/2019 10:33 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

How is everything going?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2019 10:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

60Uds of correction !!!!!! ????
And are you okay?

Is insulin right?Wouldn't the pen or expired be broken?It is a barbarity.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/30/2019 3:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
60uds of correction !!!!!! ????
And are you okay?

Well, I think like you.To correct, at most, I put 2 or 3 units of fast 🤷

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/31/2019 12:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jose3332 How is the story ended?Are you OK?

I would love to explain a little better about the insulin units you put on.;)

Thank you!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/03/2020 12:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What barbarity of course, with 350 I would put myself in function that +- what I would like to have, for every 50 "sugar" I put a unit ... if I want to have 100 approx.I would put 5 units and so ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
01/05/2020 12:43 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

ruthbia said:
60uds of correction !!!!!! ????
And are you okay?

Yes, I put on myself when I suddenly thought of my previous mentality of when the insulin worked well.I alarmed myself.
In the end in the hospital they put me glucosalino serum, which total were 20 gr of HC if I am not mistaken, plus a cocacola that I took 3R and 2R of cookies.And just with that I ran 60 rapid insulin units!Then at 4 hours of action they sent me home, because in theory the action was over, but you can imagine how irregular the action of insulin can be when you click on such amount even if it is defective. (No, I don't thinkThat is for lipodystrophy) two nocturnal hypoglycemia, 50 mg dl and 64. In the end I changed the box of the bowling and now I have reduced the units that used to prick, and now to correct I finally I can prick 2-3.
PS: I was not expired or broken
PD2: Imagine my face at 2 in the morning after realizing that I just click 60 units ...

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
01/11/2020 1:34 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

fer said:
@jose3332 How is the story ended?Are you OK?

I would love to explain a little better about the insulin units you put on.;)

Thanks!

Yes, I'm still alive!I click 60 units of Apidra.To correct a glycemia of 350. Now to correct that I would prick 5 u but well ... the insulin was not going well.It was the box

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
01/11/2020 1:36 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

Glad to hear it!What a danger of insulin, I had never seen it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/11/2020 4:43 p.m.

@Jose3332

What a barbaro, the entire defective box!I didn't imagine that that could happen.It's okay to know.

I hope you find yourself well

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/14/2020 10:25 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Pufff !!!Luckily it was in the end for the defective insulin .... If it becomes well, they fill you with sugar like a cushion and they put you in a bathtub with sugary reinforcement water :)

I also sometimes fail the usual doses and always change the pen, before thinking about rawing the dose.

In the end less bad that it has stayed in one more experience for the backpack.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/14/2020 11:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.