{'en': 'Click on the fingers ...?', 'es': 'Pinchar en los dedos...?'} Image

Click on the fingers ...?

sinfuselaje's profile photo   12/31/2019 9 p.m.

Hello friends,

I do not know if it is because of my work, but it costs me a lot that blood comes out when I punctuate me in the fingertips.

Many times I have to click two, three and up to four times to get enough blood.

What alternative places could use me without the measurement?(forearms? shoulders? ...)

Thank you!!

sinfuselaje's profile photo
sinfuselaje
12/31/2019 9 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you thought about starting free freestyle?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/01/2020 1:01 a.m.

If you have cold hands, go wrong.You can wash them before with hot water or put the storing higher.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/01/2020 2:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The same thing happens to me.
I usually wash my hands with hot water before, but there are times when a drop comes out it looks like an odyssey.When more than one strip fails me or I see that there is not enough to the second, I usually attack the pinkies that have relegated them to that need.

anif's profile photo
anif
01/01/2020 2:41 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Look in the instructions of your meter and there it will put the alternative areas.
I do not have that problem, but I have ever punctured in the palm of my hand under the big toe, go where there is more chicha, and it measures the same as on the finger.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/01/2020 12:43 p.m.

If in the mollita of the big toe and in the lobe of the ears.Some pricks have an adapter for those areas.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/01/2020 8:49 p.m.

Winter is a bit bad to warm hands.
- In the morning measurement, if I sleep with the robe and with a blanket, that is, warm, the hands are splendid.
- At other times, if they are cold, or the fingers refuse to collaborate, wash with hot water is fine, although what I do more is to rub my hands and I patted my fingers.
- If you have calluses on the skin of your fingers, you just have to change your place, and try to change the needle more frequently so as not to punish the skin (I peak from that).
- For the same reason, I have always tried that the puncture is as superficial as possible, although it is not always possible.

magl's profile photo
magl
01/02/2020 5:03 a.m.

As they tell you so that the skin rreblandezca a little and better flow the blood washed with hot water, but both in summer and winter.
On the other hand there are several brands of continuous glycemia meters without having to be doing Frankeinstein operations.Dexcom In several versions, Eversese, Medtronic are continuous glycemia meters that are already given in a large number of autonomous communities, have a high degree of reliability, the rest is a flash system.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/02/2020 8 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much to everyone, I will do how you tell me about heating my hands before, although I think it is that I have the skin of my fingers very thick.The "free" ... no idea, I am a newly landed the world of diabetes, and I have to update xD. I will tell.

sinfuselaje
01/02/2020 7:52 p.m.

Then you will have to put the prick to the fullest.It can be graduated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2020 7:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
then you will have to put the prick to the maximum.It can be graduated.

I already have it to the fullest regina xD

sinfuselaje
01/02/2020 10:19 p.m.

Well, you have very hard skin xD.
My daughter, with the maximum .XD.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2020 10:52 p.m.

Maybe you have very dry skin.The more dry also worse in my case.

anif's profile photo
anif
01/02/2020 11:04 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Link
@sinfuselaje, you can also use this prick, those who use it are delighted.I don't have it, it's very expensive, 100 euros.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/04/2020 11:06 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

The people are extraordinary, the puncture is barely notice

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
01/05/2020 11:54 p.m.

What I do is press strong when I shoot the lancet

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
11/01/2023 12:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.