{'en': 'Continue with G4, renew the G6 or go to free.', 'es': 'Seguir con G4, renovar al G6 o pasarme al Libre.'} Image

Continue with G4, renew the G6 or go to free.

Mikel01's profile photo   01/10/2020 9:46 a.m.

Very good, companions:

I know that there are already many threads talking about these different devices, but I wanted to make you participate in the doubts that I have at the moment, in case you could lend a hand in the decision.

The fact is that I have a Dexcom G4 since a few years ago, financed by myself, and despite the cost, I am very happy with him.I have been renewing the annual subscription of sensors but I just finished the last and I have to decide if I do the same thing again (assuming that they continue to sell it as is, that I think so but I have not confirmed it) or I look at some other option.

One of these options is the free , which is being subsidized here, so if they gave it to me, I would get free.As I cannot live without the alarms, I would have to attach Miao Miao famous, which would be in my charge. Would you notice a lot of differentiate in the operation between a G4 and a free+miao miao?

The third option in question is to modernize and opt for the g6 .From this I am very attracted to the improvement in precision and to be able to avoid the receiver, being able to use only the mobile to read the data and receive the alarms.Unfortunately, and look at the Novalab store, the total price with respect to G4 is much higher.

with the G4 you can cover the year for about € 2000.With free I would only pay Miao Miao.The G6, seeing the quarterly kit they sell in Novalab, almost goes to € 4000 a year.Even so, the cost would also be much more something than the G4.

My main doubt is, accustomed to G4, I would mean a step back to use free .In this sense, I see that many people who can use the two end up throwing for the Dexcom, but I do not know if that difference in use is as noticeable as it is in the price .Of course, the priority is that the pot it works well and that I find out about the drops and all that, but the price is something that must be taken into account.There the G6 I have something discarded, but it seems the most reliable solution.If it were cheaper ... :(

What do you recommend?What would you do in my place?

Surely more than one@ has recently been seen in this situation.

I thank you in advance all the advice.

Greetings!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/10/2020 9:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I recommend free 1 next to Miaomiao 2. You can use it with the mobile and do not need calibration in the 14 days.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/10/2020 10:17 a.m.

Hi, @mikel01

I am in the same situation as you.I love the Dexcom G4 and, unlike many MCG users, I like the receiver and I like to have even to depend on the Internet or the mobile battery.
I am in the famous list of Free beneficiaries and I do not see the time for the Social Security to finance the sensors, although then I have to buy the Miao Miao and use the mobile (I already have friends seeing how Free sensors could be combined, Miao Miao or other transmitter and receiver of the G4).

I am also over the annual G4 sensors and I am buying them through boxes.
What I am going to do is wait for the free to give me (I have an appointment with the educator and endocrine shortly; I hope they give me good news) and see how it is going.To continue using the G4 I always have time.To go to G6 even more and to see if there are new MCG of other companies.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/10/2020 10:41 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Hello

I don't know what Novalab will do in Spain but here in Germany on the official website, they warn that both G4 and G5 stop being available since January this year!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/10/2020 11:10 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
hello

I don't know what Novalab will do in Spain but here in Germany on the official website, they warn that both G4 and G5 stop being available since January this year!

Here are still for sale and without problems but of course they are business decisions that can change from day to day.
On the other hand there is G5 too.To calculate the expense, look at all the options of G4, G5 and G6 that exist to lower costs.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/10/2020 12:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for the opinions, people.

They just told me from Novalab that there is no possible subscription, that the definitive prices are those that appear in their store.In this way the G4 would also get more expensive than until now.

Perhaps the most intelligent is to ask the endocrine the possibility of asking for free and, if it is true that they give it to me, try a time with him, although for this I have to buy Miao Miao.As @Palomilla says, to return to Dexcom I will always have time.

The fact is that I have read very different opinions of the free, both of the 1 and 2, while with the Dexcom the good assessment in general is more or less unanimous.That is a bit what throws me back for now, in addition to free + Miao Miao is more bulky than any dexcom.

If someone has more opinions/advice that does not hesitate to post them;)
Greetings!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/10/2020 4:10 p.m.

Thanks to @jldiazdel and @mikel01 for the information.It is incredible that you have to find out the clients of the decisions of the companies.What will they call you and explain that there are no longer possible subscriptions or that an equal product will disappear ...
Well, as Mikel01 says, any additional information is welcome.:)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/10/2020 5:03 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

My friends from Catalunya, the protocol of this autonomous community says they will finance us, according to the criteria of the endocrine, dexcom, enlite or freestyle.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/13/2020 9:26 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Solaria, so it would have to be in all.Let it arrive soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2020 9:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Mikel01 If the price is part of your equation, opt for free + miao miao 2. Free cost € 0 and the miao miao 2 are € 170 that are paid only once.Adhesives should not be very expensive.

I am considering it for when the SS covers me free (which I now pay), although the alarms do not need for now.

Of course, with free do not pour from capillaries in the face of doubts or suspicious values.I make at least 1 capillary a day to see how much deviant it goes in high and low values.Some go very well, but you can't trust anything, except in trend arrows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2020 1:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia yes, I am aware that I will have to continue piercing my fingers, but go, I still do it with the G4.In general it is very reliable, but I still pull the glucometer to make according to what decisions.Especially after the first week, that this reliability is usually affected normally.

Anyway, next week I have the usual monitoring appointment and I will ask the endocrine about the free, to see if they get into the bag.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/16/2020 6:05 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@mikel01 If the price is part of your equation, opt for free + miao miao 2. free cost € 0 and miao miao 2 are € 170 that are paid only once.Adhesives should not be very expensive.

I am considering it for when the SS covers me free (which I now pay), although the alarms do not need for now.

Of course, with free do not pour from capillaries in the face of doubts or suspicious values.I make at least 1 capillary a day to see how much deviant it goes in high and low values.Some go very well, but you can't trust anything, except in the trend arrows.

When you make the capillary, can free be calibrate?I am financing the G6 and I want to go to the free one that is subsidized by the S.S.And with Miao 2 and XDrip have an MCG.With the G6 I also make a couple of capillaries a day and if necessary, I do not know if it can also be done with free+miao2+xdrip.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
01/19/2020 10:32 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@Mikel01 free cannot be calibrated but with Miao Miao and without it you can use the glymp app that allows you to introduce the capillaries and make an approximate curve taking into account the capillaries;It is not that it corrects but adds to the pure reading of the free capillaries and interprets.

-purple curve -& GT;direct free reading
-Red points -& GT;Capillaries introduced
-Red curve -& GT;GLIMP Interpretation

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2020 10:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jaume said:
ruthbia said:
@mikel01 If the price is part of your equation, opt for free + miao miao 2. free cost € 0 andMiao Miao 2 are € 170 that are paid only once.Adhesives should not be very expensive.

Of course, with free do not pour from capillaries in the face of doubts or suspicious values.I make at least 1 capillary a day to see how much deviant it goes in high and low values.Some go very well, but you can't trust anything, except in the trend arrows.

When you make the capillary, can free be calibrate?I am financing the G6 and I want to go to the free one that is subsidized by the S.S.And with Miao 2 and XDrip have an MCG.With the G6 I also make a couple of capillaries a day and if necessary caliber, I do not know if it can also be done with free+miao2+xdrip.

With free + miao 1 Ò 2 + (glymp-xdrip-tomate) you can calibrate.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/20/2020 12:34 p.m.

Total that in the end I asked for free, to which my endocrine responded positively, but unfortunately there is waiting list.In the best case, he told me, they could give it to me to summer, so I will have to buy loose G4 sensors.€ 374 La Cajita :)

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/28/2020 7:25 p.m.

mikel01 said:
total that in the end I asked for free, to which my endocrine responded positively, but unfortunately there is waiting list.In the best case, he told me, they could give it to me to summer, so I will have to buy loose G4 sensors.€ 374 La Cajita :)

What aft.Freestyle1 = € 60.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/28/2020 11:46 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
mikel01 said:
total that in the end I asked for free, to which my endocrine responded positively, but unfortunately there is waiting list.In the best case, he told me, they could give it to me to summer, so I will have to buy loose G4 sensors.€ 374 La Cajita :)

What aft.Freestyle1 = € 60.

Well, in a box of € 374 comes 4 sensors.It is still more expensive than free, of course, but the idea was to wait for them to give me social security to try it and see if it convinces me its operation with Miao Miao.Until then I will continue with the G4.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/29/2020 8:10 a.m.

mikel01 said:

Well the box carries 4 sensors and the sensors last more than what is supposed.That is, according to its duration, many people cost it cheaper than the free being of much greater quality.It would be necessary to know what lasts to you and if you have tried different areas to make those comparisons.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/29/2020 11:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
mikel01 said:

Well the box carries 4 sensors and the sensors last more than what is supposed.That is, according to its duration, many people cost it cheaper than the free being of much greater quality.It would be necessary to know what lasts to you and if you have tried different areas to make those comparisons.

If I have not made any comparison.Well, the only comparison that I have raised is that of the initial post, that of the € 0 of the free against the thousands of euros that Dexcom costs a year.That is why I want to try the free and see if I apply and thus be able to save the G4.In this sense, I am not difficult to imagine that it is more precise and better the G4 that I have now attached to the arm, but everything is to try.
Greetings!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
01/29/2020 7:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.