Ultra -grape (Aspart, Lispro and Glulisina) of the latest peak

kiriko's profile photo   01/15/2021 12:15 a.m.

I follow a novorapid treatment for breakfast, food and dinner, and Lantus before going to sleep.And the truth is that I am doing very well and he adjusts very well at my pace of life.

But, I have a problem with the novorapid's peaks.When, for example, I have to eat again in 1 hour maximum from the puncture to counteract the peak of the ultra -grape.That first hour and a half of action of the novorapid is quite overwhelming.It has me very nervous.And it is also a gain eating, and when eating again.And at work it is much worse.

I know there are other ultra -grape insulins apart from the novorapid which is an aspart type.

Could someone tell me if the Lispro or Glulisina type have a somewhat longer peak?

For me the ideal fast insulin would be the one that had the peak at the hour and a half or two, and a maximum duration of 4 hours.

Or if someone is with a similar guideline, what he does to cope with the peaks and either have up.

Thank you so much

kiriko's profile photo
kiriko
01/15/2021 12:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can try to modify the time you put the insulin before eating or putting the fast insulin twice, it usually works for me.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
01/15/2021 7:35 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

You are probably putting more insulin than you need if you always go down.If it gives you hypoglycemia always and you have to eat again and hours later you do not finish high is that you have a quick insulin.Lowering the dose surely.
To make the peak later you can put the insulin at the end of eating instead of before.Normally the problem is usually the opposite, food goes up before insulin effects.
The slower insulins have the problems that take a long time to take effect and the effect lasts several hours then will give you hypoglycemia hours later.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/15/2021 8:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

If you download rapid units you will surely get those dowers.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/15/2021 12:33 p.m.

I use Humalog and TB does the peak at the time.
Put the insulin before the dessert if you are less than 150 and especially low dose if the hydrates that you are going to eat less.
Do not get nervous, sometimes you can accelerate inside and cause hypoglycemia

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/15/2021 11:26 p.m.

Hello, I just want to know if without diabetic I can inject insulin to lose weight as soon as possible and if I would imply being blind or some serious sequel.For me to lose weight is a priority, but not to be blind ... can be injected under a control to lose weight without anything exaggerated badly?I have risen a lot of weight with the closure of the Gym and with the depression I am made a morsa.I need solutions and I am injured, I can exercise.

Bakarne Azpillaga's profile photo
Bakarne Azpillaga
01/17/2021 3:50 a.m.

Since I use insulin I have gained weight, who told you to lose weight?One of the insulin mechanisms is to transform the excess glucose into fat. If you wantA lot of shoe :)

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/17/2021 10:23 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@"Bakarne Azpillaga", do you know that if you injected insulin without having diabetes, is it death?Insulin does not lose weight, in my case it has not made me fat or lose weight, I am always in the same weight.
If you want to download kg, see an endocrine that makes you a hormonal analysis or a different one, that for what they are in charge.
Misused insulin can be a dangerous weapon

vanessa30
01/17/2021 11:03 a.m.

* A dietitian (The Corrector)

vanessa30
01/17/2021 11:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.