Moderate non -proliferative diabetic retinopathy

2piuviato1frts's profile photo   01/23/2021 1:24 p.m.

This week as every year I went to the annual review of my eyes.I visit an ophthalmologist who assures myself to have seen myself 3 years ago.I did not remember her, trans Elche that today the review gave me one of the best news that my life has given me.No trace of retinopathy, in any eye, without cotton groups, lipid plates, edemas spill in vessels and so on.I took the ophthalmologist in my arms and started going around her.To which the nurse came to separate us due to the pandemic.The doctor asked me, is he healthy, has no covid symptoms?I replied no.And he told the nurse that nothing happened.This young doctor told me that in his day, I question my shape and my ways to carry my illness.And he apologized because he had just demonstrated the opposite.I wanted to share this news with all diabetics, and with a hidden message.Sacrifice effort control diet serve something.I have already overcome retinopathy and nephropathy.My next goal is neuropathy.Greetings to all.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/23/2021 1:24 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Congratulations and thanks for your words.I am fighting with retinopathy too, and my ophthalmologist told me that I could go back with good metabolic control.So thank you for demonstrating that with a lot of dedication and positive mind you can, greetings,

marmg's profile photo
marmg
02/13/2021 1:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I did not know that diabetic retinopathy could simply disappear with control, of course, in my case, it has not been so, I have had to undergo laser treatment.
With good control I know that development can be stopped but not completely eliminated.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/13/2021 6:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@2piuviato1frts, because congratulations, because that is a miracle.
How did you do it?Had you treated you laser?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/14/2021 3:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my case I have been with non -proliferative retinopathy for several years and in one of the revisions the ophthalmologist who seemed to have improved something also told me but has not disappeared.Now with pregnancy he has worsened a little and they have told me what is expected in pregnancy but for the moment I do not need treatment.I hope to finish pregnancy without needing treatment.
I have been less than 5.5 and little variability for more than 3 years and still has not disappeared but I have heard that there are people who improve.And in pregnancy we have 5 and 4.9 because it has gone worse.I guess will also depend on each person, in my case the eyes have always been my weak point.The truth is that with not worsening I am already satisfied but I do not lose hope that one day it will improve.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/15/2021 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.