{'en': 'Sensors Continuous glucose and football measurement', 'es': 'Sensores medición continua de glucosa y fútbol'} Image

Sensors Continuous glucose and football measurement

Rbb's profile photo   01/17/2020 7:27 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I've been living with type 1 diabetes since 2012.

I am a young and active person, so being able to have a continuous glucose meter would be very useful to better control my glucose levels.

It seems that I could now have the opportunity to try it, but ... the problem is that I practice sports regularly and I don't know if these sensors are able to endure physical exercise.

Ok, maybe going to run or swimming is not a problem, but I find it hard to believe that in contact sports as in football you can carry one of these sensors without problems ...

I know that there are more and more people with these sensors and I continue that more than one has gone through the same experience.

Can you share it with me?

Thank you very much in advance.

Rbb's profile photo
Rbb
01/17/2020 7:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mayoral, who currently plays in Levante I have seen him play with free freestyle.
I know many people in different disciplines that have diabetes and carry their sensors.
Protecting it well you don't have to have any problems.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
01/18/2020 1:50 p.m.

@RBB As you have told you, there are a lot of ways to protect freestyle, dexcom, medtronic or what you are going to use, tegaderm, fixomull, elastic bands etc ...I carry it well protected with kinesiotope tapes and without problem.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/18/2020 2:21 p.m.

@RBB

Of course they endure sport!I have done all kinds of classes and battered (including boxing) and without problems.

In fact they recommended that whether I had sport I had to use an MCG.

You will find yourself calmer and of course you will improve your HBA1C and you will really see how your body reacts to food and sport.

Do not hesitate!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/18/2020 8:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I practice martial arts and in addition to the sensor I have a bomb and the only inconvenience was seen by my sensei in karate, which told me that in Kumite (fight) unconsciously under the guard next to the side where I carry the pump (wanting in an unconscious way how to protect it for whatI leave a somewhat unprotected flank) but otherwise .....

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
01/19/2020 10:37 a.m.

Thank you all for your answers.You have happy, because I thought it would not be compatible with the use of these sensors with contact sports.Thank you.

Rbb's profile photo
Rbb
01/20/2020 10:34 a.m.

And for additional example, an elite footballer ...

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/20/2020 11:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

sigsauer said:
@rb as they have told you, there are a lot of ways to protect the freestyle, dexcom, medtronic or what you are going to use, tegaderm, fixomull, elastic bands etc.I teach Hapkido that 90% are grip and displacements and I carry it well protected with kinesiotope tapes and without problem.

Well, they put the freestyle but training at the gym took off, and from there I did not want to use it (about 5 years ago).Now that they will put it in the SS I could wear it, but I am afraid that when I play football or training in the gym, it would mean throwing it).
Surely with the tapes is enough?Where do you wear it so that you don't take off?I see it difficult in the arm if it is a contact sport since it could be damaged by falls or blows.
Thanks and greetings

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
01/27/2020 2:04 p.m.

@Fran_alcantara

Remember to clean the area very well before putting the sensor (I did it with soap and water, but TB can be done with alcohol if you do not have allergies / sensitive skin).

When I used the Abbott sensor, none never detached me and I do gymnastics every day of l to v and all kinds of classes (including boxing).I put it in my arms, triceps area, as indicated in the instructions.But there are people who put it in the thigh and do well.

But if you worry a lot that can take off, put on a strip of kinesiotope tape.

I had the biggest problem with Abbott's sensors was that some came out very bad and that then they gave me a great allergy in my skin.Now Dexcom G6 Use and I am very happy.I put them in the belly and without problems.But there are people who put it tb in their arms and it works perfectly.

But to do sports (and in general to improve control) an MCG is a great help.

all the best

jldiazdel
01/27/2020 3:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, I don't use it since then, and I hope I can use it soon since they will start financing it in the CCAA in Spain.

With the blows they have given you, the Abbot's has not broken?
You have to take it out every day or do you leave it the 14 days?
The dexcom paid you or a private insurer I suppose, right?

Thanks for your info and answers, greetings

jldiazdel said:
@fran_alcantara

Remember to clean the area very well before putting the sensor (I did it with soap and water, but TB can be done with alcohol if you do not have allergies / sensitive skin).

When I used the Abbott sensor, none never detached me and I do gymnastics every day of l to v and all kinds of classes (including boxing).I put it in my arms, triceps area, as indicated in the instructions.But there are people who put it in the thigh and do well.

But if you worry a lot that can take off, put on a strip of kinesiotope tape.

I had the biggest problem with Abbott's sensors was that some came out very bad and that then they gave me a great allergy in my skin.Now Dexcom G6 Use and I am very happy.I put them in the belly and without problems.But there are people who put it tb in their arms and it works perfectly.

But to do sports (and in general to improve control) an MCG is a great help.

GREETING

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
01/28/2020 6:34 p.m.

@Fran_alcantara

I have always tried that they would not hit me in the back of the arm (and now in the belly!).If you put it a little side on your arm, the most dangerous are the doors!If you pass close and touch your arm, then if you can take off.Now when I do gymnastics, as I carry the Dexcom in the belly I try not to rub with my belly on the floor!

Kinesio's tape would have to leave it all the time.Or you can get a aposty under the tape and then you can take it off without taking the sensor.If Kinesio's tape sticks to the sensor, then when he took it off it is easy to take the sensor.

I live in Germany and with medical recipe, insurance is obliged by law to accept an MCG.Since 2016 it has been considered recommended for all people with diabetes.Only the prescription of the endocrine is needed.When I was admitted to the hospital, I quickly put the Abbott sensor.In my case, for the allergy I had to spend a few months from Abbott to Dexcom.

All the best

jldiazdel
01/29/2020 10:25 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Indeed there is a sensor that tells you glucose throughout the day, asked my endocrine told me that alone, for now, they give it to type 1 diabetics, for the moment to those of the 2, I indicated that.

match53's profile photo
match53
01/30/2020 6:06 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.