Post .... 2 hours later?

daniel_y_yo's profile photo   01/04/2021 6:12 a.m.

Why is it taken as a reference, the glucose that we have 2 hours later?
At that moment, a decent figure can come out and when you fist.

daniel_y_yo's profile photo
daniel_y_yo
01/04/2021 6:12 a.m.

Madre de Daniel
23 años,deficiente,epiléptico,mioclónico.
Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 6 años
Tresiba + Novorapid.....¿Cantidad? Aún no lo he descubierto 😢
Vamos muy mal

I guess it's because it can be the effect of the rapid to see how it looks.
But yes, with the Free Style we see that he doesn't tell us anything about if we have punctured little insulin because he then shoots.Or if the food is slowly digested

evacf's profile photo
evacf
01/04/2021 9:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I guess because with the menus they used to give for diabetes they were high in hydrates and low fat and the climb was shortly after eating and at 2 hours everything was already digested.If you eat meals with more fat or more protein, digestion is slower and can make a rise several hours after eating.And if you mixture hydrates with fats (pizza or similar) go up after eating once and hours later.Everything is quite complex, it is not as simple as they told us before measuring at two hours.
The ideal is to have a sensor to see the effect of each meal in later hours.A glucose measure at two hours only provides a specific value but just before or after you have very different figures.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/04/2021 10:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
I suppose that with the menus they used to give for diabetes they were high in hydrates and low fat and the climb was shortly after eating and at 2 hours I was alreadyAll digested.If you eat meals with more fat or more protein, digestion is slower and can make a rise several hours after eating.And if you mixture hydrates with fats (pizza or similar) go up after eating once and hours later.Everything is quite complex, it is not as simple as they told us before measuring at two hours.
The ideal is to have a sensor to see the effect of each meal in later hours.A glucose measure at two hours only provides a specific value but just before or after you have very different figures.

Thanks again for the explanation.You are very generous sharing your knowledge and time with me.🙏

daniel_y_yo
01/04/2021 5:36 p.m.

Madre de Daniel
Vamos muy mal

@daniel_y_yo

In theory at a normal meal the assimilation of carbohydrates occurs at about 2 hours / 2 and a half hours.Measure glycemia at that time is called postprandial glycemia.And it is important that then we are as close to 100.
There are people who do the slower digestions.It also depends a lot on the type of food.An excess of proteins and fats can greatly delay digestion.Something to consider.
I usually look at the sensor at about 2 and a half hours.In fact, if I whistle the alarm for being a little high at the time, I wait for me at 2 and a half hours before making a correction.To wait to know where I really stayed.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/04/2021 8:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It happens to me, sometimes, that at the time or hour of having eaten, I am high, today for almost 250 and then starts to go down almost.Someone m can say why it can be.Can it be for the fruit?I thought it was for the banana, but today it was a kiwi, I imagine that I will have to observe more that it can be, but the meals are worth.
@daniel_y_yo, forgive that I have gotten into your question.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/04/2021 9:29 p.m.

Good @daniel_y_yo, I think that is why @jldiazdel comments and because at 2h 65% of insulin has done its effect.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
01/04/2021 9:36 p.m.

Thank you very much for trying to help me 🙏🤗

daniel_y_yo
01/05/2021 6:40 a.m.

Madre de Daniel
Vamos muy mal

anaisabel said:
It happens to me, sometimes, that at the time or an hour of having eaten, I am high, today for almost 250 and then it starts to go down almost bitten.Someone m can say why it can be.Can it be for the fruit?I thought it was for the banana, but today it was a kiwi, I imagine that I will have to observe more that it can be, but the meals are worth.
@daniel_y_yo, forgive that I have gotten into your question.

It will depend on what you eat and how quickly you will give it.Normally hydrates are digested very quickly except if they are accompanied by a lot of fiber or protein and fat and insulin acts slower so it rises and then goes down.
In those cases you have a waiting time since you put insulin until you start eating to try to match the rise peak with the greatest action of insulin.
The fruit is a rather low glycemic index but if you eat it, it can rise quickly too, it goes up in less than half an hour.In general, refined hydrates and sugars are absorbed very fast (bread, pasta, juices, rice ...), if they are integral a little less but remain quite fast.The vegetables and legumes are much slower because of the fiber and nuts, Greek yogurts or meals where you have HC+fat are also quite slow by fat.
In addition to all this then we have more or less fast digestions and all this changes.And it is not the same to eat small amount than to give you a good mighty.
It is quite complicated and it is best to try and watch the sensor curve to see how each food affects you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/05/2021 9:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Not as neither pasta nor rice nor rebozados nor sausages, ... well or as very little.For example.Pasta can eat 5 times a year.
Bread as very little and also integral (of bakery where I know and what it carries).
Anyway, I think that it is for the fruit, I will continue to observe.
Thanks, @yessica_a

Anaisabel
01/05/2021 1:41 p.m.

@Anaisabel

It happens to my TB sometimes.Try to put the insulin at breakfast before (maybe you already do).I try to put insulin about 15 minutes before, sometimes more, and in general it works for me.You may need to put insulin half an hour before or more.You can try someday.Insulin takes an hour to make its maximum effect, and at breakfasts we sometimes have many carbohydrates that enter very quickly.
But the peaks sometimes come out, and the truth is the most important thing is that the period of 2-3 h is more/less normal.And the subject does not worry me much.My endocrine TB told me that we are very flat in our case is quite difficult, and that the important thing is that those 2-3 h are fine, and especially at night.She looks a lot that this is well at night because there are many hours.It is what I most take care of.Go to bed well (that's why Ceno very early and lightly) and that I keep flat.Normally I spend very flat nights, but sometimes it goes up or down, but the sensor warns me.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/05/2021 4:04 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

At breakfast it does not usually happen to me, maybe it is why I use Fiasp for that meal.
It happens to me in the main food that is in which I take fruit and use novorapid.
The insulin had previously thought about it, but I do not convince me because I am already conditioning and trying to comodatme to diabetes.I am not going to do it at breakfast and sometimes at 6 in the morning I discarded it total.
Thanks, @jldiazdel

Anaisabel
01/05/2021 6:50 p.m.

The postprandial value has lost some interest since they are continuous or flash meters, each person is a world and each meal is digested differently.I usually measure myself at 3 hours when the fast effect ends.

I as a fruit and do not notice up;While it is true that there are days that I stay flat and others go up because yes, eating the same.
For me the worst fats and protein.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/09/2021 12:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.