Help training

guillermoserrano's profile photo   01/28/2020 10:53 a.m.

Hello everyone!
Finally after so long, I can return to the temple, as I longed for the irons ...
Because in these two years I have gained some weight, I have in mind to go to a Personal coach to help me with the issue of nutritionAnd the exercises, since I have lumbar problems
Has anyone gone through this experience and can you advise me?
I know the return will be hard, but I am very motivated, is it true what they say about muscle memory?

Greetings and Good Forum

guillermoserrano's profile photo
guillermoserrano
01/28/2020 10:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@guillermoserrano

I believe that more than muscle memory what there is is a memory of suffering (or fun)!If you have done sports before you cost you less effort.

The personal coach is fine, but it is an option that can be very expensive.You can take it once a week and then follow you alone the rest of the days.

I would recommend that you notice classes in a good gym, it is a more economical option and if the teacher is good to correct the positions.In your case you have to harden the Core / the abdominals, the central part, which is the musculature that will keep the lumbar well.A good class of Pilates is an option to consider.

But you have to include aerobic.In your case, running does not seem to me a recommended option, or at least until you have the central musculature and the abdominals very strong.An option would be spinning, whenever you put yourself in a good position on the bike.In a good one -hour class you can burn 500 calories!But put on a heart meter (a polar watch or whatever you want so that you control your pulsations).You can also take the famous elliptics machine, but make strong intervals (1 very fast minute and then 2 more quiet minutes, for example), I see people in the elliptics that can be thrown thousands of hours without burn anything!

And as you know, nutrition is fundamental.I had an era in which a lot of sport but then it comed excessively and of course more than to lose some kilo.

And be very patient.It is better that you change your daily food habits (do not get on a diet!, Just eat healthy and balanced) and exercise about 4 times per week, you will see the results.Use a adjusted old pants or a belt as a reference.The weight can deceive you a little, because you will lose fat but you will gain musculature.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/28/2020 11:44 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, we are already two @guillermoserrano.
I went to the endocrine to fix a diet and on my own I am generating the muscle.
Lumbar has killed me for years.There are days that I can't get up.

After 3 weeks, I have lowered 2.5 kg, it seems little because my diet is 1000kcal (diet by portions), but of course the muscle weighs.And the low back hurts me less I already have one good abdominals, arms and legs.
And I have greatly reduced insulin, now I only have 10 basal and 2 units for food, almost like when I debuted 5 years ago.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/28/2020 1:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Guillermoserrano said:
Hello everyone!
Finally after so long, I can return to the temple, as I longed for the irons ...
Because in these two years I have gained some weight, I have in mind to go to a Personal coach to help me with the issue of nutritionAnd the exercises, since I have lumbar problems
Has anyone gone through this experience and can you advise me?
I know the return will be hard, but I am very motivated, is it true what they say about muscle memory?

Greetings and good forum

Good Guillermo,

In addition to diabetic, I am a graduate in Sports Sciences, so I could help you in these issues.To begin with, if a personal coach makes you a diet, do not trust him, unless he has a specific degree (being diabetic, you will know when someone knows or not asking him about portions etc.), since he will put the one that he does to himIt serves and I doubt that you know about diabetes.

Regarding lumbar pain, there are many exercises that will help you take it off, regardless of your body weight.With progression and patience in several months you will have forgotten.

A personal coach would do well with the issue of lumbar pain, for weight loss (60% or more depends on what you eat) I think you should or do it on your own or with a nutritionist.There is a lot of information on the Internet, but making a caloric deficit you will lose weight yes or yes.And do not believe that weighing less you will be healthier, since if your muscle mass is also scarce, you would take away from one problem to get into another.That is, the important thing is to reduce body fat, not weight.

As a coach I recommend at least 3 days of weekly force training, and if you can, accompany it from aerobic exercise (walk more, climb stairs if you do not, one day of spinning or running if you can etc.)

Of course, if you have trained, it will be easier to return to your recommended weight than a person who has not done so.I encourage you to do it, and here I am if you need any more advice.Greetings.

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
01/28/2020 6:59 p.m.

Well, after being 28 years with total zero sport, not a soccer match since I was 13 years old, I am a background athlete, weighing more than 100 kg in spite of 67 kg.
Look at this blog that tells my story a bit.
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/29/2020 11:38 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you all for your opinions, I have not started but I am at the point.

guillermoserrano's profile photo
guillermoserrano
02/10/2020 11:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.