Can you help me adjust? I'm very bad

daniel_y_yo's profile photo   01/04/2021 6:18 a.m.

It is my son who suffers from type 1 diabetes
It has a lot of variability.What works for you one day, does not do it to the next, so the figure that you will have, and with many inexplicable differences is always a surprise.
Now with the covid the endocrine only serves us by telephone, very quickly and once every 2 months ... and this does not solve anything ... 🤦🏼‍♀️😥
My son carries the sensor and measured him very often.
He did not give one with the diet that put us, 2500kcal with many HC and the insulin settings, so I reduced the amount of HC quite a lot to try to handle it better.
A few days, it was quite regular, but it has meant to lower the rations to 1-3-3 at breakfast-comida-cena.
**** My first important question is whether this is too few HC.(23 years, poor, 0 sport, very little physical activity, works 4h /day)
This guideline was working very well.
Tresiba 30 in the morning
Novorapid 0-1-1
Although he got up very very just and had it low during the night.60.

I thought about lowering the slow to 28, well, just that change, everything has already broken me again.Now it's very high all day ...

**** My second important question is.
If I upload the Tresiba again, would the problem of night downsstops be solved uploading the HC of the day without touching the quick?Take a small right, it doesn't work ...

Now with the Covid I am not having any type of endocrine support.Please!🙏🙏🙏🙏It would be very very grateful if someone von a lot of experience could dedicate a little time and take a cable.I can provide measurements.
I am having a fatal and I feel alone and helpless.

Thank you very much to read me.
😥

daniel_y_yo's profile photo
daniel_y_yo
01/04/2021 6:18 a.m.

Madre de Daniel
23 años,deficiente,epiléptico,mioclónico.
Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 6 años
Tresiba + Novorapid.....¿Cantidad? Aún no lo he descubierto 😢
Vamos muy mal

I believe that if the three of before and the amounts of low HC worked you you can return to them but give a dinner rich in fats and proteins with some HC.That usually makes the digestion slower and climb little by little for hours than is what needs just at night to maintain values.The protein several hours after eating usually uploads glucose and fat causes part of the HC to rise hours later.You will have to try until you find a combination that works.
You can also try to change only 1 unit of threeiba instead of two and put 29. They usually tell us that it changes from 2 in 2 because normally 1 they do not notice in most people, but there are people who 1 unit of slow les lesIt changes a lot and it is better to adjust 1 in 1.
HC are not essential so give it the amount that works best for you.For someone sedentary it is always better not to take many because they only provide energy, but controls glucose to avoid ketoacidosis.Few HC with high glucose can cause ketoacidosis faster.If they are specific increases, nothing happens, but it is always above 200 if there is risk of ketoacidosis.
Go with the changes little by little better than everything once to make it easier to adjust.If you change many things at once you will not know what is going wrong.I encourage you to find way to control you better.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/04/2021 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

daniel_y_yo said:

Good, I think there are few rations of carbohydrates for such a young boy, the second thing is that doing a little sport would come great; with little the insulin is done much more effect and we need less to meet our needs(This is one advice alone) and another thing is the time that threeiba is put, even if it is flat at least in my case the first 18 hours ago and after losing a little, I put it in the morning afterTo try several schedules since I am very good for breakfast and food with a quick little and at dinner sometimes it is fair if I make it late but that is already going to calculations (it is what touches us every day) andFinally, I was forgotten, if I had 30 from three and wanted to go down, you get off one in one and wait about three days to see the real effect of insulin, but it is very difficult to assess whether it has been a good change or not, we startedTo go down and go up and go crazy, calm because we have all passed, the good thing about three at least in my case is that when the point goes phenomenal

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
01/04/2021 12:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for trying to help me 🙏🤗

daniel_y_yo's profile photo
daniel_y_yo
01/04/2021 2:55 p.m.

Madre de Daniel
23 años,deficiente,epiléptico,mioclónico.
Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 6 años
Tresiba + Novorapid.....¿Cantidad? Aún no lo he descubierto 😢
Vamos muy mal

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.