{'en': 'Hypoglycemia caused by active insulin and physical activity', 'es': 'Hipoglucemia provocada por insulina activa y actividad fisica'} Image

Hypoglycemia caused by active insulin and physical activity

jldiazdel's profile photo   01/31/2020 11:02 a.m.

Hello!

I've been looking for this topic.Surely that it is already treated but I have not found anything recent.

I just want to share (as an autocastigo) my great legs of leg yesterday, so that at least others avoid them.

Yesterday afternoon, at about 16:15, I looked at the mobile and sensor graph (Dexcom G6) marked 180. I thought, I have not calculated the food well today (13:00).I knew that I was going to leave at 17:15 and that I would have to walk more than half an hour long, but I told myself, well I put a rapid correction of only 1 u., I get around 130, and nothing happens, I havemargin.And that was my first mistake.

Error 1: Go out to walk a good walk with active insulin.I had already experienced that error in the mountain when I started with diabetes.And I learned that if it ate 1 or 2 rations I did not run it.And they already taught me that I had to avoid sports until at least 2 or 3 hours of insulin had not passed.Correction result: I left at 17:15 with insulin in its maximum activity, at the time.At about 18:00 the sensor marked a great descent and it was already about 80. And I made my second mistake.

Error 2. Do not correct a pronounced drop and caused by insulin with a fast juice or carbohydrates.I saw a kind of bun that I had very good and I told my wife: I'm going to take that.But the bun was full of seeds, and entered very slowly.At 15 m, the sensor alarm sounded again, it was already touching 60 and started sweating to the beast.That is my body reaction when the hiccups becomes serious.And then I realized that I had made my third mistake.

Error 3. I didn't give all the information to my wife.When I asked for the bun, I told him that I was a bit low, but not that I had put a correction an hour before!When I told her, ask me for a juice and she saw that she sweated on her forehead, she realized that something was going very badly and I wonder.Luckily at least I did not make a fourth mistake (answer in bad ways), and I only told him that I brought a juice and then he told him.The juice if it worked and after about 15 m I already started to improve.And then he contemplated the nonsense that he had done.

And well, to round the afternoon, the bun later if I enter!I was already above 200 and with a profile of climbing more.I told my wife, let's walk fast for home.Let's see if this stops a little.

At least later I did a little better.I wait a little to see where I had left (in about 230-240) and at dinner I don't drink carbohydrates (I had already taken enough before!).Cene light and I put a correction of 2.5 u., That worked well and went to bed after two and a half hours in about 120.

Well, I stop the story.I hope that all my mistakes to someone from the forum serve him!

And as they say here on Fridays, a good weekend to all (and please zero hypoglycemia!)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/31/2020 11:02 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I share the 100%story, errors like these I have more than one per month!, Heat, sport, insulin, etc ... It is difficult to combine, a advice, I do not leave home without my backpack, or bag, I always take myselfAbove what you may need to trace a hypo, either juice, cookies, glucose pills, sugar in envelopes, glucup, etc ... so I can more or less control the rebound.;)

Much encouragement !!!I have been wanting to read the following story!😜

fer's profile photo
fer
01/31/2020 6:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@jldiazdel, they are not errors, this time it did not go very well, but another day you can look perfect.
Insulin is not always absorbed the same.
What catches my attention is that you can completely guide the sensor to make corrections.
Is the G6 so accurate?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/31/2020 6:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@jldiazdel totally according to @regina, the next day you surely do the same and not low from 150mg/dl depending on the absorption of insulin, the type and amount of hydrates you have eaten and of a thousand factors of the body that does notWe can control;Yesterday without going any further at 115mg/dl to the food and ate a good plate of rice with meat with less bolus because I had physical activity late, because at 1 hour the alarm of the clock rang in the prediction of hip that I haveBy the XDRip, it is provided in less than 30 minutes, why?Surely there is an explanation but I don't have it

Anyway quiet that humans are the only ones that we continue to stumble upon more than once and in the case of diabetes much more considering that we do not have a 1 minute of rest, they are 365 days a year;The important thing is not to take fear of the hypos but if to have a lot, work box office, gym;room or sports bag, possibly they are expired but I prefer so.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/31/2020 6:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Regina

If the G6 works very well.I always calibrate it and check the first day.And then it works perfect!It usually has an error between 10-20 mg.

jldiazdel
01/31/2020 6:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@sigsauer and @regina

Yes, you are right.Surely another day I did not correct myself, I go out for half an hour to walk quickly and I stay the same.!

Thank you

All the best

jldiazdel
01/31/2020 7:01 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel anyway do not despair, I have already learned (or I think) not to go crazy when I see 180-200 or more because it takes me more than to take some impressive pimples, the question is not to be in those values ​​for many hours, the positive part of the MCG is that you have alarms and see hypoglycemia but can become desperate with hyperglycemia!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/31/2020 7:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer

Thanks for the tips!I hope I have no more stories like this but I'm afraid that some other paw will have!Sure

All the best

jldiazdel
01/31/2020 7:34 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel, to see if we are lucky that in Spain they subsidize the G6, as in Germany.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/31/2020 8:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If I expect !!

jldiazdel
01/31/2020 8:20 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.