Tips for diabetes!

Flappe's profile photo   02/02/2020 7:32 p.m.

Hello!Well, we are here in a new post, about diabetes tips!I hope to help you with some things and learn more with you!Although I was diagnosed recently, I have already learned many things!I open "thread."

- If you want the punctures to hurt you less and avoid marks, moisturize your skin after having shower, so you will get your skin to harden and adapt to the punctures.

- To avoid infections and other things, (what they teach us from point 1) It is best to wash your hands with soap and water before glying control.But there are times when we are in a hurry and we don't give us time and we don't.Well, not better to do this and stop to wash your hands, but for situations quite a hurry, you can leave gauze and alcohol on hand and be quick, fast and simple

- Click the basal insulin (slow) by the part of the thighs where there is fat or in the back touching your ass.Well, in that area, insulin works slower.And the rapid by the belly, leaving 2 fingers of separation from the navel.For this reason, it is the best area for fast insulin.It will make work faster.

- Once you get the insulin out of the fridge, leave it away from a lot of shadow and the sun, otherwise you will make it lose its properties and will no longer take effect of insulin.Every month throw and get a new one.And never put it again in the fridge.

- Avoid infections, after healing it well or notifying your doctor.Also, take care of your feet, if you see that your feet fingers hurt for x reason, because before forming a nicer or something worse, putting them in water, vinegar and salt, after pouring a gauze with alcohol and iodine/cream.If you see that it does not effect, go to the doctor.

Now it's your turn!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
02/02/2020 7:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Flappe, I recommend that to inform you, mainly read medical protocols that are hung on the web, pages of official diabetic associations and also some blogs of some crack diabetics that we have many.Do not miss reading what the generalist magazines and newspapers say.And above all, do not be alarmed with what you read, with some very rare exception that information is not valid for diabetics 1 and is aimed at people with diabetes 2 who have been evolving and without mediation for many years.Remember that 14 % of the Spanish population is diabetic and half does not know (and not medical, of course).There is a lot of information on the network, but you must learn to discriminate.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/03/2020 2:54 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.