Change resistance

marine's profile photo   01/08/2021 9:24 a.m.

regina said:
@marine, the peak after breakfast is the most difficult to remove, sometimes it is good to distribute breakfast in two shots ...
But if it is a short duration peak and the glucosilada goes well, you can be calm.

Ok, the issue is that by that strip practically 1h I am bad for that rise and abrupt down

marine's profile photo
marine
01/26/2021 12:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marine, many tips give you.I would opt for what we should do all five daily meals.As I understand you make three meals or surely go out of rations in each of them if you start every 4 hours, you could match a bit.I see that I insulin 24 hours is the same as I put myself for 2 days in a row I get out of rank I go up 2 units.34 Toujeo units is a lot.That is why I think they have placed such a short guideline of fast insulin.When I started using Toujeo, as soon as I went on the market, I started by clicking on the morning but now I put it at 4:30 in the afternoon.It takes 3 to 4 hours to start the first peak lasts about 7 hours, and then after covering the night you have to get the calculation to discover in 3 hours between meals when there is no fast insulin.Fast insulin is novorapid, I think I have been placing her 22 or 24 years.It goes without saying that when you carry more than 15 with a quick insulin at least it causes me less effect I must increase dose.If you admit advice, try to control the insulins that are placed and know how they work.Change for example I have changed when they do nothing to me or cause me an adverse effect.Anyway, as I cannot prescribe medications, I consult your doctor is the best, a greeting take care.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/26/2021 2:05 p.m.

K5288pn25.

I think your problem is in this you say:

-I get up at 7:30 with 90.Breakfast, I wait about 20min and I see that there is when it begins to rise over 140 and there I put the fast insulin .. blood glucose continues to rise to 220 at 8:30 am and at that time I see that quick insulin begins to act andI find myself about 9:30 am with glycemia in 130 ....

The quick insulin is normal to put it before starting to eat or even put it and wait a little to start eating depending on what you are going to eat and the time.Breakfast is the most complicated to eat hydrates and you will have to play a little with the waiting time between insulin and breakfast.In your case I would start by putting insulin just before breakfast and from there you adjust.
Waiting times depend a lot on each person, the time of day and what you are going to eat.I do not control that theme much because as very low in HC and I do not need to expect but many people work very well to play with them.Also if you always have breakfast the same is easier to adjust.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/26/2021 2:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Marine your problem we all have it.
I put the insulin and wait 50 min for breakfast, I avoid the beak.I see that the sensor arrow indicates that it will go down and breakfast.
For meals with 10 min it is worth and for dinner 0min.
Times vary according to my hormonal cycle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2021 3:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I was going to tell you what Yesssica or Ruth, I think the problem is that you do not put the insulin before breakfast but later.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2021 4:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I agree with what they tell you.I have now gone from getting the fast insulin 15 m before breakfast at 30 m and much better.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/26/2021 5:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@nigiri, @jldiazdel

Do I refer to the title of the thread, isn't it afraid of entering hiccups for doing that?I have been so accustomed to being often high before reaching the food, that now that I am in much better values, I am scared to do that ....

Come on, for example, if I am in the morning in 150 I am not afraid to wait 15min, but if I get up with 90 if that happens to me ..

marine's profile photo
marine
01/27/2021 8:34 a.m.

@marine

Well you know that each body is very different and what works for me may not.

I with the sensor control the possible hypos.And for the moment I have not had any at breakfast.Fast insulin (novorapid in my case) takes its maximum effect at the time.I have proven that in my case it takes more or less a half hour to be reflected in the sensor.My breakfast has many fast carbohydrates for yogurt and fruit, and they enter 15 m or so after breakfast (it took about 15 m).That is why I have decided to advance 30 m before breakfast the fast insulin.Thus, when the insulin effect is terminated, it is more parallel to that of carbohydrates.And the peaks are reduced.But there are times that it doesn't work !!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/27/2021 8:41 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It is that I just shed after food or during food if before eating I am below 70 or if I am not going to eat carbohydrates, I always did so.Anyway each body is a world, try to see and if you do not do well, continue with your guideline.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2021 9:36 a.m.

Oh! Another thing that happens to me is that I have the Alba phenomenon, although I do not have breakfast I always have to put a couple of units so as not to have hyperglycemia.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2021 10:31 a.m.

I control the times with the sensor but I do not need, I notice the insulin at 40 min approx.That is why breakfast at 50 min, thus coincides with the effect of novorapid with the absorption of food.
In the morning the body metabolizes them before meals or dinners.

If not breakfast, the glucose does not lower me, as I get up with x of glucose, it is stable, in those x, to the food.

There are also hours, if breakfast from 10:00 with 15 min before it is worth it.Between 5:00 and 10:00 insulin needs in my body much longer to take effect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2021 4:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello,

I almost never like bread but it is a delight.When I eat it, I always put the majority of the Bolus very before Comercy-One 45 minutes before, and then an hour later, the rest of the bolus plus 1 or 2 units.Now that I have the bomb, I put a square bolus.
I always put more insulin than the count sends with bread because it seems that it does not obey the rules.

Emily Seville's profile photo
Emily Seville
01/31/2021 11:40 a.m.

I have diabetes 1 for 3 years, my doctor made me a diet so I don't tell carbohydrates but I make a fixed diet.I put in the night Tresiva and before the Humalog meals, a fixed amount although I make corrections when it arrived at the time of the high food
I am trying to count carbohydrates why I am subject to a fixed meal (obviously it is super varied) and as someone said if one day I do not want to eat the insulin adjustment
I am very afraid of the change, my endocri told me to try little by little, one meal at the same time for a month and I am seeing
You all encourage me a lot, sometimes this is very tired
Thanks for this forum

milagros's profile photo
milagros
01/31/2021 10:38 p.m.

Courage, @milagros, you'll see how you can.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2021 12:15 a.m.

miracles said:
I have diabetes 1 for 3 years, my doctor made me a diet so I don't tell carbohydrates but I make a fixed diet.I put in the night Tresiva and before the Humalog meals, a fixed amount although I make corrections when it arrived at the time of the high food
I am trying to count carbohydrates why I am subject to a fixed meal (obviously it is super varied) and as someone said if one day I do not want to eat the insulin adjustment
I am very afraid of the change, my endocri told me to try little by little, one meal at the same time for a month and I am seeing
You all encourage me a lot, sometimes this is very tired
Thanks for this forum

@milagros The better you know how your body reacts, the more you will be ... I have gone from being a roller coaster all day, to having authentically flat curves at night, getting up in 80-100 or I already remember that of years than years than years than years than yearsThis did not happen.

Right now if I make a very low diet in hydrates, I have a totally flat curve 24h, so the basal is fully tight.

I still fight with the fast (Humalog) because the body does not always work the same and on the other hand because I have a psychological fear because of a serious hypo that I had 3 months ago .. but I still follow a fixed diet, what I do try to doFixed is what as to get it with the units, I have basic elements such as cooked potato, lentils, chickpeas, bread ... and adjusting about that .. when I already control it I am adding .. like rice, pasta etc ...

marine's profile photo
marine
02/01/2021 3:53 p.m.

Little a little

milagros's profile photo
milagros
02/02/2021 12:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.