{'en': 'Hello!I am new here, with type 2 diabetes for 1 week', 'es': 'Hola! Soy nueva aquí, con diabetes tipo 2 desde hace 1 semana'} Image

Hello!I am new here, with type 2 diabetes for 1 week

Criss's profile photo   01/16/2021 10:57 p.m.

Hi how are things!

I am Criss, I have just 1 week of being diagnosed and the truth is that I have a bit (or quite) fear because I don't know what to wait.

I already have a diet that I have followed to the letter and I also started going to the gym every day.

The point is that I measure my glucose once a day on an empty stomach and it has never come out in less than 130mg/dl I don't know if that is bad or what?

I take metformin 3 times a day and bezafibrate 1 time a day.The instructions of my DRA is to study again within a month to see how much low (I went out with 330mg/dl) in short, the truth is that I have some fear and I do not know if I am doing things well.

Any advice for this rookie?

Thank you so much!

Criss's profile photo
Criss
01/16/2021 10:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Criss, welcome. Relax time, exercise and follow the diet, the metformin tar to take effect a few weeks anyway if the dr.See that it is not enough, I will complement it with some other oral hypoglycemic

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/16/2021 11:57 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Cris, I have been diagnosed recently.Exercise, take the medication, be strict in your food and everything will do well.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
01/17/2021 12:07 a.m.

Hello Cris I also just be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I am in the beginning with metformin, debut with 500 in the hospital and after a quick insulin prick I went out with the discharge in 280 ...... I carry 12 days of treatment with treatment with treatment withMetformin, today on an empty stomach 296 :( this did not go down ....... I thought it would be faster

carlosalcudia2021's profile photo
carlosalcudia2021
06/29/2021 12:04 p.m.

@Criss
Welcome to the forum.As they tell you, taking your medication, following the diet and exercising everything will do well.Don't worry.
@Carlosalcudia2021
Hello Carlos.Tell you that it makes me strange that they have not sent you slow insulin at the beginning until you go down to normal levels.Metformin alone does not fall, rather it helps you get up less at meals.
Talk to your doctor and tell him the values ​​you have.I was about 400, with the slow one in 5/6 days I was getting up around 120.
Then, if you pancreas do well you already look only with metformin.In my case they saw that it is almost exhausted so I stayed with the slow and metformin.
But it is important that you lower those levels.And only with metformin I see it almost impossible.If you have been so talking to your doctor for 12 days.
You tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/30/2021 9:51 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

cts said:
Hello how are you!I am Criss, I have just 1 week of being diagnosed and the truth is that I have a bit (or quite) fear because I don't know what to wait.I already have a diet that I have followed to the letter and I also started going to the gym every day.The point is that I measure my glucose once a day on an empty stomach and it has never come out in less than 130mg/dl I don't know if that is bad or what?I take metformin 3 times a day and bezafibrate 1 time a day.The instructions of my DRA is to study again within a month to see how much low (I went out with 330mg/dl) in short, the truth is that I have some fear and I do not know if I am doing things well.Any advice for this rookie?

hello.Welcome to the Forum.Did they give you some official diagnosis?Type 2 diabetes?What time do you take metformin?How much is it?Is it immediate release or prolonged release?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:35 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Carlosalcudia2021 said:
hello I also just were diagnosed280 ...... I carry 12 days of metformin treatment, today on an empty stomach 296 :( this did not go down ....... I thought it would be faster

hello.How much do you bring from your last consultation?What treatment did they send you?only oral?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:36 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hi Cross, a lot of patience.It takes a little bit to stabilize but you'll see.Take your medications exercise regularly, and you'll see how you find yourself shortly better.Cheer up!!!

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
07/02/2021 11:24 p.m.

Hello!!Thank you all for your answers!Today almost 7 months later my glucose is between 96 and 89, my HBA1C is at 7 (next month I have to do studies), I have lowered almost 30 kilos of weight and I feel very good !!!It cost me a lot of time, effort, patience but little by little I am seeing the changes and I feel great !!

Criss's profile photo
Criss
07/03/2021 1:39 a.m.

cts said:
hello !!Thank you all for your answers!Today almost 7 months later my glucose is between 96 and 89, my HBA1C is at 7 (next month I have to do studies), I have lowered almost 30 kilos of weight and I feel very good !!!It cost me a lot of time, effort, patience but little by little I am seeing the changes and I feel great !!

wow!What good news!congratulations!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/03/2021 2:29 a.m.

Hello.I have several free freeyle boxes, because I have been left over when I am using the sensors now.I give them € 15 including shipping costs.If you are interested you can send me a WhatsApp at 630590165.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
08/04/2021 4:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.