Unexpected changes in blood glucose in both the glucometer and in the free reader

Palomilla's profile photo   01/17/2021 1:48 p.m.

Hello, forum:

I wanted to make a query.I have been in the glucose values ​​that have made me make incorrect decisions such as correcting with fast or taking a juice.

There are moments of the day when the reader's alarm is triggered by hyper or hypo and a few minutes later indicates very different values.I put two examples:
1. The alarm sounds, 150 climbing.Just two minutes later, I spend the reader again and brand 80.
2. The alarm sounds, 73. A few minutes later, 130.

At first I thought it could be an error of the sensor, but when it happens now, I am checking it with the glucometer and I see that I get the same values ​​or very similar to those of Free.I really baffle me because I can understand that the glucometer marks these variations (the "I can understand" is relative, since these oscillations are not during meals; it happens to me when, theoretically, I no longer have quick active in the body), but notI understand that the sensor also indicates it, since I know that there are those 15 minutes of difference between the capillary and the interstitial measure.How can something like this happen?The only thing that occurs to me is that the sensor filament has taken a capillary.

Thank you so much.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/17/2021 1:48 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

How the palomilla, the capillary I think is not since if you take blood duct, it would enter the sheath and tend to take it out of the sensor outside, as you explain the explanation is that you are continuously in high and low roller coat, it marks a one marks aExaggerated difference from blood to interstitial when there is an unexpected climb, anyway depending on the time you take with the sensor tends to regularize.The alarms do the check of the reader's operation.And if it goes well, any.And with the first thing you have commented to me several times, that gives me more than 300 and then I lose the signal and send me to scan the sensor when the readings for whatever they do not work well I suppose that the software detects itMandate correct.When they first handed it to me, I was super nervous and it was impossibleor I do not match the data with this more things by Bluetooth the tablet The headphones contra more connections you have so there was before the signal goes and correct this with a mobile .. Check your alarms as you have them configured.I have the hypoglycemia in 60 the range in 140 and hyperglycemia in 190. I have very well taken food and measurement.If I like an apple or a pear normally between meals Hama Supero the 210 although I am high in 20 minutes I lowers me.Take advantage and see, as long as the sugar goes up eating a thing by clicking you before this is what I do.Joal just as we told us at the beginning became super nervous but then realized that I was not taking advantage of the machinery.Anyway, if you call the phone and I think the software is one, you should not pay attention to the patient will answer you and check it out, a greeting

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 2:29 p.m.

K5288pn25.

@Palomilla el Free has sudden changes because sometimes the filament cannot measure well in the position we are, a bad posture sleeping.You have to wait a while.
Before any decision, a capillary.Free is not reliable and you can get a scare.
I do not use alarms.I was continuously whistling and deactivating them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2021 3:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much, @2piuviato1frts and @ruthbia, for answering.As I see that you have understood something similar and it is not what I wanted to say, it is clear that I have explained badly.Excuse me that I have not done well and you have stolen your time.I retent it.:)

For about a month, at different times of the day, Free alarms are triggered.So far, all normal.Let's say that it is 5:00 a.m. and the Free alarm tells me that I am in 150. At that same time I make a capillary: 152.
At 17:03 I decide to spend the Free reader again and see 85. The Free graph clearly shows that descent, without blank spaces.At that same moment (17:03), I make a capillary and see 86.

I am surprised by two things:
1. The rapid changes in my blood glucose at certain times of the day I am not eating, 4 hours have passed since I got the fast and I am not doing sports, come on, I am still in a chair;
2. That in the case of such a fast change and I think significant, the Free marks the same as the capillary.I find it striking that the Free is able to collect in just three minutes the same difference that the capillaries pointed out at that same time.Obviously, it seems fantastic because it is as if the Free was acting as a capillary measurement, but it does not stop getting my attention, hence I ask me where the sensor's filament will be to go so hand in hand with the capillary measurement.The sensors always put them in the triceps, where the skin hangs a little (he is, I know he does not hang around the world).

In any case, point 1 is the one that interests me the most because I do not understand how two capillaries in the same finger and with such a short time of difference can mark such different values.There is something that escapes me.How strange, right?With how clear and simple it is all in diabetes (ironyiiiiaaaaaaa;)).

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/17/2021 8:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

The capillaries are also approximate.The measure may not be correct because you have the dirty finger.
Anyway, hormones play bad passes.I can have 230 with a rise arrow and at half an hour I will be in 115 and going down, without insulin, without eating and sitting in a chair.
The other day I was waiting for a peak of 190, I took a scare and lowered 55 at once.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2021 8:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It has also happened to me, @Palomilla.
Today in the morning, when I woke up the Free 187 8.13H and at 8.18h with the Mobile 237. and in the 202 glucometer.
Well now that I am telling it, it is not how it happened to you, because also with the application if q marks the yellow point of 237, but without the line, it is flying.And the graph is 200 or less.
This has already passed once again and I don't know why.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/17/2021 9:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.