Help with glucometer change

Natom's profile photo   02/15/2020 11:24 a.m.

Hello, how are you?It is the first time I write here, so I don't know very well how it works.My apologies if they have already talked about this.

I am in the process of changing glucometer.I was diagnosed with T1 a little less than a year ago and so far I have only used One Touch Select Plus.Now I am adapting to the Anglo -Saxon system (I moved abroad) and I started using glucorxq simultaneously (which measures in mmol/l).

But between them there is a difference of 30 to 50 mg/dl.I have a 'normal range' control solution that in the One Touch Select Plus gives me 79 mg/dl, and in the other it gives me 117.

Have you ever calibrated a glucometer?Can you tell me what your experience has been changing glucometer?

So far the only thing that occurs to me is to measure them with both of them to see if the difference is constant and make corrections.But I am quite lost.

Thank you very much, from the beginning it has helped me a lot to read you.Greetings!

Natom's profile photo
Natom
02/15/2020 11:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do not complicate and use a single glucometer (in addition, the reactive strips are not cheap).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/15/2020 12:07 p.m.

This is a recurring theme, I leave you a thread in which Fer's response can give you light ...
Link

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/15/2020 12:11 p.m.

Thank you, I have read the other thread and I have left doubts, although changing glucometer is never pleasant.Thank you so much!

Natom's profile photo
Natom
02/15/2020 12:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.