{'en': 'Diabetes and cholesterol pill', 'es': 'Diabetes y pastilla de colesterol'} Image

Diabetes and cholesterol pill

Vrv's profile photo   01/20/2021 9:54 p.m.

meginer said:
sechom said:
hello, Hello,

What cholesterol values ​​do you have?The Covid has caught me in another community and unfortunately I took it, being hospitalized 9 days.I am of type 2 and in the hospital they treated me with insulin, (I was perfectly controlled with pills, yes, I took 14 .... my glycosadas of 5.7 the last 6 years).When leaving the hospital they told me that my treatment is very outdated and that I could harm myself, that now they recipe pills that "protect", so they change it to me and put me insulin toujeo, Xigduo 5/850, (I have never used insulin)and I am increased by the 5 mg 5 mg chief cholesterol pill.(They tell me that we have to have low values ​​to protect).

What do you think, especially the change of Crestor 5 to 20 having these values ​​in the last analytics and that of the last 6 years equal or something less?:

Colesterol 148 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 47 mg/dl
LDL calculated cholesterol 93 mg/dl

Thank you.

How I said before, as primary prevention, without previous complications or cardiovascular events, the protocol in a diabetic, is that the LDL is below 80. Yes, with 5 mg crestor, that goal was not achieved, that is whyThey have uploaded it to 20, the LDL as you see, is in

Ok!It is that normally all doctors do not tell you anything about why they do it and if you ask a lot, they usually put a face of circumstance that is as if it bother them.

What surprises me is to go from 5 mg.at 20, without trying to see if with 10 mg.It would be enough.

Thank you for your explanation of the reasons why they put anti -polesterol pills, even having good values.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
01/24/2021 7:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take rosuvastatina because they do it for prevention and my cholesterol is perfect.Also an aspirineta on an empty stomach.The LDL cholesterol always must be below 70, at least here in Argentina for diabetics I take 10 mg of rosuvastatina and I have these values.
The total in 185
HDL 130
LDL 44
Castelli Index 1.4
Triglycerids 53

Clau's profile photo
Clau
01/24/2021 8:45 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

clau said:
I take rosuvastatina because they do it for prevention and my cholesterol is perfect.Also an aspirineta on an empty stomach.The LDL cholesterol always must be below 70, at least here in Argentina for diabetics I take 10 mg of rosuvastatina and I have these values.
The total in 185
HDL 130
LDL 44
Castelli Index 1.4
Triglycerids 53

That is the issue, you, for example, if you took the 5 mg., Would you also be within good values ​​and therefore would be taking more than necessary, (we all know that medicines have more or less serious side effectsThat the manufacturers themselves say is a prospect, in addition to those who shut up and silence doctors and media with their billions of money in expenses for it?

seghom's profile photo
seghom
01/24/2021 9:40 p.m.

In the last analysis I got the LDL 110, HDL 67 and total cholesterol 187 cholesterol.
I was happy with my results but the endocrine told me that diabetics must maintain LDL cholesterol below 70 mg/dl to avoid cardiovascular problems.
The Pitavastatin of 1mg to 4 mg has uploaded to me.
Does anyone have LDL cholesterol less than 70mg/dl and how have you achieved it?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/08/2023 7:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

vrv said:
good night.

I am type 1 diabetics since the age of 12.Now I have 41.

I have not had complications so far.And my current hemoglobin is 7.

My endocrine tells me today that I have good general analytics.All within normal.

But that with 41 years and so many with diabetes I already put a pill for life for cholesterol (right now I do not have it out of normal values), but says it is for prevention of future problems, heart attacks etc.

I need opinion please.

I do not understand whether or not I have that pill early.

Thank you.

But if you have cholesterol within normal values ​​so you are going to medicate?
It is shown that statins do not reduce cardiovascular risk.
Most important is to have "good" cholesterol in values, and much more important triglycerides

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/09/2023 9:42 a.m.

I had never heard it ... but I see that you are many who take.
I have been diabetic for 33 years ... I have retinopathy with pantocoagulation, and to think about more complications ... I tremble.
That everyone can happen to everyone, but ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/09/2023 10:34 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.