{'en': 'How about this rye bread?', 'es': '¿Me como este pan de centeno?'} Image

How about this rye bread?

walky's profile photo   02/01/2021 12:46 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Last week I was diagnosed with prediabetes, I am very on the verge of diabetes, 6.4% in glycosy hemoglbin, in my case derived from obesity.I take half metformin pill a day, next week I will take it whole as the endocrine asks me.I am on a diet and I have been based on legumes and light things for a week, because it is not that I have the economy to have my own purchase car.

I bought this rye bread to eat a couple of slices at breakfasts.Currently breakfast a banana and a glass of skim milk but I would like to throw myself instead of milk, a couple of brain bread slices with light cheese.
I just saw these nutrients, it has wheat flour apart from the rye and the Cagassso has already entered.
Can I eat it calm or throw it in the trash?I have read that hydrates accompanied by fiber are digested slower.

What I do?I would like your help.

walky's profile photo
walky
02/01/2021 12:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

walky said:
hello everyone.

Last week I was diagnosed with prediabetes, I am very on the verge of diabetes, 6.4% in glycosy hemoglbin, in my case derived from obesity.I take half metformin pill a day, next week I will take it whole as the endocrine asks me.I am on a diet and I have been based on legumes and light things for a week, because it is not that I have the economy to have my own purchase car.

I bought this rye bread to eat a couple of slices at breakfasts.Currently breakfast a banana and a glass of skim milk but I would like to throw myself instead of milk, a couple of brain bread slices with light cheese.
I just saw these nutrients, it has wheat flour apart from the rye and the Cagassso has already entered.
Can I eat it calm or throw it in the trash?I have read that hydrates accompanied by fiber are digested slower.

What I do?I would like your help.

With products that do not have the nutritional table and you cannot know exactly what they upload ... care.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/01/2021 1:08 p.m.

You have no glucometer but you would not ask, of prediabetes nothing you have a type 2 that can be reversible if you take care

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/01/2021 1:39 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I see myself throwing it in the garbage in hidden because they are already quite tense in my house with having to buy special things for me.
I have found the percentages on the supermarket website:

Ingredients:

Rye flour bread (2.6%) with seeds (2.39%) Ingredients: wheat flour, water, rye flour (1.4%), salt, rye flakes and seeds (2.39%)(Brown linen, sunflower and peeled sesamo), yeast, roasted malt flour (barley), panary complement: ^E170i antiaglomerant, rye flour (19%), wheat flour, bakery enzymes (wheat),E300 flour, emulgent lecithin (soy), malt flour (rye)!

Link

walky's profile photo
walky
02/01/2021 1:42 p.m.

I don't have glucometer yet.On Wednesday I will go to the pharmacy to measure the sugar.

walky's profile photo
walky
02/01/2021 1:43 p.m.

They call him as a rye for saying something because the main ingredient is wheat and is not integral.In my opinion a hoax.
I really in your case would not eat any bread or similar (pasta, pastries ..., in general anything that carries flour).All that ups up the glucose even if it is integral.I do not know that the rest in your house has breakfast, but much better if you eat a scramble of eggs that feeds you and satisfy you for hours and are very economical.Only improving breakfast are achieved enough progress because it is usually the worst food of most people.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/01/2021 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks for your answers.

I am freaking out with the very few options for diabetics.That is, before I was diagnosed with this, I thought that the market was full of products for all kinds of health situations, but I am realizing that the bread they sell does not work and you have to make it yourself, the fried tomatothat they sell does not work because it has sugar you have to make it yourself with carrots ... I am seeing a YouTube channel of a man with diabetes and it is manufactured everything, pizza mass included.In the 21st century and diabetics almost walk with homemade potions ... or ask for a loan to go to the herbalist to make the weekly purchase.
Forgive my pessimism, but it is the impression that I have.I am from downturn since yesterday.

walky's profile photo
walky
02/01/2021 4:28 p.m.

The problem comes because most people have a food based on ultraprocessed products that are bad for diabetics and non -diabetic.That bread that you have put for example is a garbage in addition to a hoax, it doesn't matter if you have a disease or not.
There are no diabetic products, there are healthy foods for everyone and others that are one because they were for everyone.Everything you put for diabetics is usually even worse than the normal version.

We should focus on eating healthy we have not a disease.Real foods don't need labels or walking what they carry.Everyone should base their food on fresh products and already having diabetes is even more important to avoid worsening the disease.If you base your meals in vegetables, meats, fish, eggs, legumes, some fruit, nuts, cheeses and dairy without sugar you will not have to worry much.You will wear a healthy and uncomplicated diet of looking tags.Most of these foods have no labels and those who have it have 2 or 3 ingredients at most.
You can see diabetes as an opportunity to improve your life and your health.If you start taking care of yourself you will find yourself better in every way and keep the controlled diabetes.It is true that eating based on fresh products requires cooking and gives more work but what you earn in health will enjoy the rest of your life and only is it worth it.And it is not more expensive to eat healthy, seasonal vegetable is not expensive and you spread the same and the same.Within meat and fish there are many options and some are very economical.Eating a chuleton is very expensive but some loin fillets are cheap and you prepare them in a moment.And in the fish the season there are also very cheap and can be cooked very rich.It is just a matter of planning a little and learning some basic cuisine.I cook a couple of hours on Sunday and with that I have for the whole week for 2 that we are at home.During the week I only do something quickly and some salad or scrambled.With little money and time as healthy and rich without problem.
And for days you don't have time you open a canned vegetables or frozen with eggs and in 5 minutes you have a rich, healthy, cheap and easy meal.
Do not be discouraged and look at the good part of things, the same is used to change and have better health and quality of life.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/01/2021 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

walky said:
I don't have glucometer yet.On Wednesday I will go to the pharmacy to measure the sugar.

Take a couple of slices of that and then go to the pharmacy at two hours that "click" and then tell us ...

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/01/2021 7:35 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.