L-carnitine can be used to lose weight?

francomx's profile photo   01/26/2021 2:05 a.m.

Can it be used as a weight loss supplement?I am exercising and wanted to see if my diabetes does not affect anything ..

francomx's profile photo
francomx
01/26/2021 2:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@francomx

I took it many years ago.According to memory, it had to be taken before exercise and without abusing.But the truth did not notice anything and stopped taking it.I don't know if it will affect your medication.But I think you can avoid taking it is better.What worked for me was to control the food, together with the exercise.Years ago I took about 5 k and that was doing sports regularly, but the problem was that I ate much more than what I spent.And little by little I took weight.

With patience and regularity and being careful with what you eat, you can take many vegetables, eggs, chicken, turkey, salmon, blue fish, little by little you will lose weight.The important thing is constancy.It is not worth sticking a day beating and then eating what one wants.Except you have a metabolism problem!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/26/2021 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Francomx said:
can be used as a weight loss supplement?I am exercising and wanted to see if it does not affect my diabetes at all ..

Good, but you care I will answer you, covering your question from 2 areas.

1-In practice if you can affect your diabetes.You get 2 modified parameters, obtain energy through fats instead of sugars so it affects cardio performance at the level of glucose consumption and on the other you will lose weight more quickly, so you will have to correct the doses ofinsulin or whatever you take.

2-It would not take shortcuts to lose weight, the weight should be lowered based on nutritional education .As a complement you can exercise.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
01/27/2021 9:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.