Diabetes at work, glycemic control

Azy's profile photo   03/01/2020 8:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, my partner who is diabetic, has debuted 4 months ago and is in a roller coaster of doubts.His greatest concern is whether he can return to work, since she is a waitress and usually works about 10 hours a day, with a lot of physical effort ... His question is that if now that she is not working, in the morning breakfast, she is injected fast, at two hours all good (170) ... we take a 30 -minute walk and go down to 90, descending more and more, suffering even hypoglycemia ... how will it do it when you are working? Do you have to be eatingsomething every 30 minutes? Doesn't it injected quickly at breakfast before entering to work? Is it less slow at night?
I know that the most reasonable thing is to tell the endocrine or educator, but they see it so normal and it is a bit difficult to escape to eat something ...
Do you know any type of control in this type of case?
She is a little overwhelmed because she wants to make a normal life and be able to work.
Thank you very much for your time.
All the best.

Azy's profile photo
Azy
03/01/2020 8:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

What I would do first is to speak with the endocrine/or to lower the dose of insulin a little and from there, look how it goes.I guess it would be the most normal, or it could also be that he was suffering his honeymoon, if he has been going through recently, if he has been rare ...

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
03/01/2020 8:44 p.m.

I am a waitress and it is hard for me

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/01/2020 8:50 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Hi Flappe!Thank you very much for your comment.We have already asked the endocrine but they lengthen this solution too much and the poor is desperate to work ... we will emphasize the next appointment ...
Thank you!

Azy's profile photo
Azy
03/01/2020 8:50 p.m.

I am a matter of looking, that always carries sugar envelopes or if you can drink tail when you are low .... help I tell you ... and if the endocrine may put the freestyle, and the reader to the readerpocket ... I'm going to put it this month for myself to help me control in the curro especially

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/01/2020 8:52 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Thank you very much Vandorta.I hope you do very well with the Free Style, I am looking forward to them already put it ... in a plys you look at glycemia and make decisions ... what you said of the slow is the most logical thing we see... so that it does not lower so fast and stay more, because as you know, this work is a non -stop and you burn a lot of energy.
Thank you very much for the tips.
Good night!

Azy's profile photo
Azy
03/01/2020 8:57 p.m.

@Azy

At first the truth is very complicated.A sensor could do very well.If you can pay it, it is one of those expenses that are worth it.He will greatly improve the quality of life.Well of the two!

@vandorta
It seems great and very good idea that you wear a sensor.At first it will seem a little more complicated to know how these and interpret the graphics of the sensor but you will see that it helps you a lot.Look at the theme in the forum the song of free freeyle!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/01/2020 9:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much !!! You feel very relieved when reading your words!There are good people yet !!
Thank you!

Azy's profile photo
Azy
03/01/2020 10:40 p.m.

Yes, he is entering the honeymoon, he will need less insulin and will have to lower the slow.
At first you have to adjust doses little by little.The slow ones are now flat and keep quite well without hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2020 2:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.