Hashimoto disease

Dalu's profile photo   01/26/2021 6:29 p.m.

I just told me the endocrine for a thyroid ultrasound that I have chronic autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's disease), someone who has it can guide me, he has told me that at the moment I do not have importance but that I will end with hypothyroidism, which is usualhaving diabetes.I have no escape from hypothyroidism?And Hashimoto's E. does not affect anything, is it like a step towards hypothyroidism?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/26/2021 6:29 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Having Hasimoto's disease is that your selfimun system attacks your thyroid and this attack causes hypothyroidism.
The first time I went to the endocrine and said that I had that disease.I was 8 or 9 years old, I don't remember well, without taking anything, I always told me that there was still nothing to take.Until the day came when thyroid hormone prescribed to compensate for my deficit.Every 4 months look at my TSH, T4, T3 and regulate the medication but in 10 years I have made few dose changes.
Having an autoime disease you have all the ballots to have more.Our defenses instead of defending ourselves attack us by mistake and kill what they should not.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/26/2021 6:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anaisabel and hypothyroidism is easily controlled or causes you any problem?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/26/2021 6:54 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

It has not caused any problem, at first you have to adjust the right doses, but nothing more.And above all take the medication every day.

Anaisabel
01/26/2021 7:36 p.m.

It depends a lot on the person, I had a very bad time when I started with hypothyroidism, I spent several years badly controlled.Apart from that I took a lot of weight, I was always tired, it had carpal tunnel syndrome, depression ... terrible.Today I am very good but for example, my reproductive system has screwed me.
Then there are people who don't even notice, they take the pastillite and now.The important thing I think is that they catch it on time.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2021 7:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

And having the friend hashimoto, is hypothyroidism inevitable?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/26/2021 11:16 p.m.

I can't tell you there, I didn't.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2021 9:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hasimoto's disease attacks the thyroid, but I would say that hypothyroidism is not always presented.As I told you, I was with the Hasimoto and the thyroid continued to produce hormones, but little by little they went down and end in hypothyroidism.

Anaisabel
01/27/2021 2:21 p.m.

Well, let's see if my thyroid is strong to beat the hashimoto east: P

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/27/2021 9:21 p.m.

It is difficult to know if it is going worse or not because it depends on many things.The important thing too, more than the values ​​of the analytics is whether you have symptoms or not (search Google the most common because they are many).If you have symptoms, it is normal for you to put medication and if you do not have symptoms you can wait to see how it goes but many endocrine do not want to medicate until you see certain values ​​in analytics and leave the patient years with very unpleasant symptoms.If it were your case, look for another endocrine.
The immune system is not known if the thyroid is going to attack or not but there are lifestyle things that can be done to lower antibodies and avoid symptoms and medication.Look for Montse Reus that she is an expert on that subject, she has a very interesting course to improve hypothyroidism (I did it a while ago and learn a lot).Basically there are 3 pillars: food, exercise (especially force) and rest and stress control.Stress always harms the immune system and is usually a trigger for autoimmune diseases when you have a predisposition and also worsens the disease when you already have.The exercise of strength better a lot the conversion of inactive to active hormones and that makes the symptoms decrease or disappear when the very uncontrolled thing is not.And the food is also basic on the one hand so that your body has enough nutrients so that the thyroid works well and so that the immune system stops attacking it or does less.
In my case I have been putting medication with pregnancy and antibodies have left for the first time also in pregnancy.Once you see how the thing is going and if I can control it without medication.Being a more stressful period for the body it is quite normal to need medication and once you give birth and the body that is no longer necessary to take it is normalized.I have never had symptoms and medication is to take a pill every day.If you regulate it well, it has no major problem, the problem is when the medication does not adjust well or go to medicate because they do not see it necessary even if you have symptoms.In those cases it is best to look for another endocrine because the thyroid affects the entire body and it is important that it works well or take the medication to avoid problems.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/28/2021 4:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Yessica_a thank you very much for all the information.I will try to relax that I am in a period of great stress and concerns about several health problems in the family.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/28/2021 7:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.