{'en': 'Continued night hypos', 'es': 'Hipos nocturnas continuadas'} Image

Continued night hypos

Marilog's profile photo   02/15/2021 11:20 a.m.

Hello good!

I have a problem for several weeks (months I would even say) and based on looking online to see if someone else happens with this blog!Enchanted to meet you all, hopefully someone can throw me a handle xD

Well, to the case.I have type 1 diabetes for 16 years (novorapid and toujeo) and for several weeks they have been giving me continuous night declines.

I really do not explain how this has begun to happen so suddenly, my lifestyle has not changed much, I still do the same exercise and eating more or less the same.

But like a clock, almost every night down from sugar to 50 between 3 and 5. If I go to bed in 120, I usually get off at 3, if I go to bed in 190 after having eaten a plate of pasta and an apple, also dropped to 50 but a little later, about 5.

I have tried everything: I used to get toujeo at noon, but I read that many people did a peak of action at 12-14h, so I went to put it at night.

Nothing, down the same.I also tried in the morning, but nothing, it seems that it does not affect the time of the day I put it on.I have lowered it a little (and I have uploaded the quick to compensate a little), but during the day I am very good, I only have this early morning problem, and as I get it more I will start having the sugar a little high.

I have also tried to get less fast insulin with dinner, dinner a little before so that the rapid stops taking effect, and eating a piece of fruit before bedtime, but nothing.

I am calm because I have the super light sleep and in all these years that I have been diabetic, every time I get a descent awake.Even so, I started to put the alarm clock every night at 4 and take an actimel, that I am doing well and makes me get around 100 every morning, but of course, the night of sleep destroys me.

I have an appointment with the endo at the end of March, to see what he says, but for now the only thing that occurs to me is to use Lantus and put it in the morning, to see if the action fall that this insulin has in his lastHours compensates for me.

And this is all, sorry for the text billet XD.

If someone else has happened or has some idea that can help me a little, I will be delighted with readers.

Thanks in advance!

Marilog's profile photo
Marilog
02/15/2021 11:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Marilog, you will probably have to lower the amount of toujeo that you manage.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/16/2021 5:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
hello, marilog, you will probably have to lower the amount of toujeo you manage.

Hello!Thanks for the answer!^^

Last week I was putting less toujeo units (I usually put 30 and I was using 24 several days).The problem is that although the descents were a bit more slight at night, it was completely uncontrolled during the day, there was no way to get it down 200.I put you as an example what happened to me every day: I put the quick and ate normal.I did the test 2 hours later and it was fine, 120-130 or like that.I ate anything else, I did it again before dinner and I was already in more than 200. As soon as I spent the effect of the novorapid were all peaks of 200. Almost any time that the test was high...

I don't know, the remedy seemed worse than the disease, so in the end I decided to get back a little slowly and right now I put on 28. We return to the same, well, at night you go down.I don't know what to do, the truth :(

Marilog's profile photo
Marilog
02/16/2021 6:39 p.m.

I have those afternoon climbs too, I almost always have to put a unit or two to prevent me from going up.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/16/2021 10:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I think you should use faster, if at 2-3 hours of eating you, put out correction units because when Toujeo goes down it does not absorb you more food hydrates.The normal thing is that Novorapid covers the food and leave you flat until the next one, if you have to replace insulin, you should see what foods are better or worse.
It is a matter of finding the balance between both insulins.
It will be a crazy hormone streak.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/17/2021 9:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

marilog said:
nigiri said:
hello, Marilog, you will probably have to lower the amount of toujeo you administer.

Hello!Thanks for the answer!^^

Last week I was putting less toujeo units (I usually put 30 and I was using 24 several days).The problem is that although the descents were a bit more slight at night, it was completely uncontrolled during the day, there was no way to get it down 200.I put you as an example what happened to me every day: I put the quick and ate normal.I did the test 2 hours later and it was fine, 120-130 or like that.I ate anything else, I did it again before dinner and I was already in more than 200. As soon as I spent the effect of the novorapid were all peaks of 200. Almost any time that the test was high...

I don't know, the remedy seemed worse than the disease, so in the end I decided to get back a little slowly and right now I put on 28. We return to the same, well, at night you go down.I don't know what to do, the truth :(
That happened to me with the toujeo, but vice versa that you, that is, for the day between food and food was rather high but not so much, but at night, at two and a half hours of dinner it was fine,Even in 80 or so, but the effect of the rapid passed and that began to rise to the beast and dawned in 250 or more.We change to Tresiba and infinitely better.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/21/2021 11:12 a.m.

marilog said:
good!I have a problem for several weeks (months I would even say) and based on looking online to see if someone else happens with this blog!Enchanted to meet you all, hopefully someone can throw me a handle xD

Well, to the case.I have type 1 diabetes for 16 years (novorapid and toujeo) and for several weeks they have been giving me continuous night declines.I really do not explain how this has begun to happen so suddenly, my lifestyle has not changed much, I still do the same exercise and eating more or less the same.
But like a clock, almost every night down from sugar to 50 between 3 and 5. If I go to bed in 120, I usually get off at 3, if I go to bed in 190 after having eaten a plate of pasta and an apple, Likewise to 50 but a little later, around 5. I have tried everything: I used to get toujeo at noon, but I read that many people made a peak of action at 12-14h, so I passedPut it at night.Nothing, down the same.I also tried in the morning, but nothing, it seems that it does not affect the time of the day I put it on.I have lowered it a little (and I have uploaded the quick to compensate a little), but during the day I am very good, I only have this early morning problem, and as I get it more I will start having the sugar a little high.I have also tried to get less fast insulin with dinner, dinner a little before so that the rapid stops taking effect, and eating a piece of fruit before bedtime, but nothing.
I am calm because I have the super light sleep and in all these years that I have been diabetic, every time I get a descent awake.Even so, I started to put the alarm clock every night at 4 and take an actimel, that I am doing well and makes me get around 100 every morning, but of course, the night of sleep destroys me.
I have an appointment with the endo at the end of March, to see what he says, but for now the only thing that occurs to me is to use Lantus and put it in the morning, to see if the action fall that this insulin has in his lastHours compensates for me.

And this is all, sorry for the text billet XD.If someone else has happened or has some idea that can help me a little, I will be delighted with readers.Thanks in advance!

Hello, this also happens to me some early mornings, instead of fruit it depends on how it has the glucose when bed me took half a glass of milk since having protein and fat maintains the glucose for the time that the fruit,
On the other hand, Toujeo also used (at 9:30 p.m.), with the Lantus (12h) the morning types were stronger, and if a unit lowered the Lanús dawned with high glucose.With Toujeo the same but less accused, I think I'm going to try the Tresiba, to see if it goes better, I have already tried Toujeo at different times.
I hope you get it, it's annoying

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
02/22/2021 11:02 a.m.

marilog said:
good!I have a problem for several weeks (months I would even say) and based on looking online to see if someone else happens with this blog!Enchanted to meet you all, hopefully someone can throw me a handle xD

Well, to the case.I have type 1 diabetes for 16 years (novorapid and toujeo) and for several weeks they have been giving me continuous night declines.I really do not explain how this has begun to happen so suddenly, my lifestyle has not changed much, I still do the same exercise and eating more or less the same.
But like a clock, almost every night down from sugar to 50 between 3 and 5. If I go to bed in 120, I usually get off at 3, if I go to bed in 190 after having eaten a plate of pasta and an apple, Likewise to 50 but a little later, around 5. I have tried everything: I used to get toujeo at noon, but I read that many people made a peak of action at 12-14h, so I passedPut it at night.Nothing, down the same.I also tried in the morning, but nothing, it seems that it does not affect the time of the day I put it on.I have lowered it a little (and I have uploaded the quick to compensate a little), but during the day I am very good, I only have this early morning problem, and as I get it more I will start having the sugar a little high.I have also tried to get less fast insulin with dinner, dinner a little before so that the rapid stops taking effect, and eating a piece of fruit before bedtime, but nothing.

And this is all, sorry for the text billet XD.If someone else has happened or has some idea that can help me a little, I will be delighted with readers.Thanks in advance!

hello.Welcome to the Forum.I do not know much of type 1 diabetes, but I wonder (it's just personal curiosity) if it would not be more convenient to put all the results of your fasting glucose, after eating, before bedtime, etc. and you go with an endocrine ...I kept the doubt of what you expose and I would like to learn.

Although there are many experienced classmates here, I believe that a good endocrine could give you the best suggestions and indications to follow.

I repeat, only my personal opinion.And I tell you because a glucose from 50 to 3am is not dangerous?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/01/2021 9:37 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

marilog said:

Hello, the toujeo

marilog said:

But like a clock, almost every night down from sugar to 50 between 3 and 5. If I go to bed in 120, I usually get off at 3, if I go to bed in 190 after having eaten a plate of pasta and an apple, Likewise to 50 but a little later, around 5. I have tried everything: I used to get toujeo at noon, but I read that many people made a peak of action at 12-14h, so I passedPut it at night.Nothing, down the same.I also tried in the morning, but nothing, it seems that it does not affect the time of the day I put it on.I have lowered it a little (and I have uploaded the quick to compensate a little), but during the day I am very good, I only have this early morning problem, and as I get it more I will start having the sugar a little high.I have also tried to get less insulin with dinner, dinner a little before for the rapidStop taking effect before, and eat a piece of fruit before bed, but nothing.

Hi, Marilog, I am not in the toujeo, there are no 2 bolis that make me the same effect.
In the last month I did the exact opposite, I lay down with 100 after spending the 90mnts of the dinner and I had the alarm to Laa 3 or 4 hours with more than 280.

Other times he has made me as you describe

What I do:
The key is when that effect is doing to you is to lower it to you 2 or 3 unds, and go trying, I put it at noon 24unds, now I go by 22, and if it is just at night when it happens to me I try to get less fast insulin,

And nothing, this is our life, the 24 hours of the day that the glBo does not fall to the ground and not carry the wind.

JCerejido's profile photo
JCerejido
08/10/2021 6:52 p.m.

DM1 Desde 1985, Novorapid y Toujeo. HG 6,3

@Marilog, if you can't fix it by lowering toujeo and putting it in the morning or doing a little more recount, maybe it is good to use Tresiba.
My daughter improves a lot from Lantus to Tresiba and finding the dose of slow, with some units less than with Lantus, she has not come back to hypoglycemia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2021 7:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Marilog a question, maybe it is nonsense ... those nocturnal hypoglycemia, are sensor data, or do you check with glucometer?
It is that when sleeping, if the sensor is pressed, it can mark low glucose but it is not real, it is simply because of the sensor pressure if we sleep on it

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
08/15/2021 10:56 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.