Sugar drop before sleeping

Macarena93's profile photo   02/18/2021 1:24 a.m.

Let's see, he has been spending this for 5 months and I am already with the fly behind my ear because in 16 years with diabetes I had never happened and I don't understand anything.Let's see if you can share your experiences or give you an explanation.For 5 months 90% of the nights, no matter what has dinner, what time, the insulin that I had, the hydrates, the time at which I lie down, I have tried everything, but it doesn't matter if I have dinnerThe 8 and I lie at 12, that if I have dinner at 10 and I remember at 3 in the morning, that if I have no hydrates and without clicking quick insulin, that if I go to bed with 160 or with 250, whatI have tried everything and there is no explanation, just when I put my back on the mattI get up and take something to not go into hypoglycemia, but come on, it is not because the sensor of confuses having lying me or being on it and then returning to normal, no, whenever I am going to close my eyes to sleep the sugar lowers meAbout 100mg/dl, always in the same situation and has nothing to do with dinner or time why?It is that I find no explanation, beyond that I relax because the day is over and I can rest and my body gives me the sugar, but it is very exaggerated and it is every day.
Today, for example, 230 two hours after eating, I decide to go to bed later to check what passes, for 40 minutes, without active insulin, from 230 to 250, I decide to put 2 units of insulin and get into bed, asI put in bed, before insulin can take effect, from 250 to 218 in 15 minutes and keep going down, so I will have to end up eating something to compensate for the effect of the 2 insulin units that has not yet begun.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/18/2021 1:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The same has been happening for the same time.What I do to avoid it is more or less is dinner, endure a couple or three of hours and when I see that the line goes straight is when I go to bed.Only with the line goes straight, this in 130 that in 170. But it has been not changing at least 1 hour no longer usually gets off although sometimes yes.I am the same as you but that is my experience.Luck!

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
02/18/2021 2:03 a.m.

macarena93 said:
Let's see, he has been spending this for 5 months and I am already with the fly behind the ear because in 16 years with diabetes I had never happened to me and I don't understand anything.Let's see if you can share your experiences or give you an explanation.For 5 months 90% of the nights, no matter what has dinner, what time, the insulin that I had, the hydrates, the time at which I lie down, I have tried everything, but it doesn't matter if I have dinnerThe 8 and I lie at 12, that if I have dinner at 10 and I remember at 3 in the morning, that if I have no hydrates and without clicking quick insulin, that if I go to bed with 160 or with 250, whatI have tried everything and there is no explanation, just when I put my back on the mattI get up and take something to not go into hypoglycemia, but come on, it is not because the sensor of confuses having lying me or being on it and then returning to normal, no, whenever I am going to close my eyes to sleep the sugar lowers meAbout 100mg/dl, always in the same situation and has nothing to do with dinner or time why?It is that I find no explanation, beyond that I relax because the day is over and I can rest and my body gives me the sugar, but it is very exaggerated and it is every day.
Today, for example, 230 two hours after eating, I decide to go to bed later to check what passes, for 40 minutes, without active insulin, from 230 to 250, I decide to put 2 units of insulin and get into bed, asI put in bed, before insulin can take effect, from 250 to 218 in 15 minutes and keep going down, so I will have to end up eating something to compensate for the effect of the 2 insulin units that has not yet begun.

The explanation that I see to this is stress.You relax and that is when insulin comes into action ...

When you say that in 15 min low from 250 to 218, it is in capillary or with the free ???Keep in mind that these devices have a much greater margin of error than the capillary and that sometimes it can make us a little crazy.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/18/2021 10:20 a.m.

@Marine with the free, but several days I have checked it with capillary just in case and the situation is similar

Macarena93
02/18/2021 10:22 a.m.

macarena93 said:
@marine with free, but several days I have checked it with capillary just in case and the situation is similar

What is your insulin guideline?

marine's profile photo
marine
02/18/2021 10:36 a.m.

@Marine Tresiba in the morning, about noon, between 24 and 26 according to the week of the menstrual cycle in which it is changing me the resistance to insulin, and then fast according to what it eats with a ratio of 2u per rationIn the morning, which is then raising the sensitivity little by little and at night it is a little more than 1 unit per ration, if the hydrates calculate well and I am not watching with this guideline I usually go 90% of the time.

Macarena93
02/18/2021 10:54 a.m.

macarena93 said:
@marine threeiba in the morning, about noon, between 24 and 26 according to the week of the menstrual cycle in which it is because I change the resistance to insulin, andThen fast according to what it eats with a ratio of 2u per ration in the morning, which then gradually rises the sensitivity and at night it is a little more than 1 unit per ration, if the hydrates calculate well and I do not go to eyeWith this guideline I usually go well 90% of the time.

Have you tried to rotate the injection zone?

marine's profile photo
marine
02/18/2021 11:32 a.m.

I would tell you that it is for fixed stress, it happened to me, to more relaxation, plus dowers.It also happens to me in summer, which seems to happen to me diabetes and that even a Humalog unit I have plenty eating hydrates without measure.

Evazvi's profile photo
Evazvi
02/18/2021 8:18 p.m.

The rest of the day is flat the graph or are you taking small glucose contributions to keep it?
That happens to me alone when I have basal left over.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/20/2021 11:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.