I inject but glycemia does not go down, why can it happen?

matakuri's profile photo   02/08/2021 2:14 p.m.

Good to all, I am new in the forum and I have this consultation, I appreciate if someone could help me.I am type 1 diabetic 13 years ago, a while ago it happens to me that insulin seems to not take effect.I know that when one is high, sometimes it takes to go down but for example today I had 223 at 8am, I applied correction (2 units, my insulin sensitivity is 50) I did not ate anything and at 9am I had 217 ...He practically did nothing to me!

I am injecting novorapid according to scheme and basal the taujeo 20u insulin, I have already climbed the toujeo and I have also measured in the middle of the night to rule.I have some allergy (I suspect her) and I'm on vacation so I don't feel stressed .. What else can it be?I also try to rotate my injection sites.

The only thing that occurs to me is to continue uploading the toujeo and modifying all my ultra fast guidelines to avoid casualties.

I appreciate any comments from your experiences ❤❤ blaF

PS: I measure me with Caresenns, I have tried freestyle but I can only buy it sometimes $$$

matakuri's profile photo
matakuri
02/08/2021 2:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Once I spoil the fast insulin on vacation.I did not effect.Change the cartridge and all normal.I would exchange insulin.
Another possibility is that you have some hormonal infection or theme
all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/08/2021 3:37 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hormones !!!
Do not give him more rounds, you can have insulin resistance due to hormones.Watch in which part of the Cycle these.
It happens to me every month, I put insulin, 2uds, every two hours and do not go down.It is desperate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2021 4:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your answers !!I think it could be hormonal as they say ... once I read that the body sometimes produces a lot of cortisol or something in the morning, to wake up ... I'm going to investigate !!

Greetings 🍀

matakuri's profile photo
matakuri
02/08/2021 4:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.