Hello!!!I am the newcomer to the forum !!!!

Sharon's profile photo   02/08/2021 4:39 p.m.

Hello, I just discovered you, I have not been discharged as soon as I thought about.
I'm going to summarize our situation to start "knowing" us a little.
My son and I have a bouquet of autoimmune diseases varied.At 9 years old my son had an outbreak of one of his diseases and touched the pancreas, among other things, so we had a beautiful diabetic debut with 685 and glycosylated 13. Well, nothing, a disease more to song.This happened 13 years ago, he is already 24 years old, as time goes by !!!Now comes as fun, nobody taught me anything about diabetes, they gave me 2 finite books and home, Ale ... but I managed to learn enough, at least to control hydrates and insulins, operation of the endocrine apparatus etc.
The thing was great, only two hypoglycemia in 4 years, each time smaller guidelines of insulin until reaching 2-2-2 of Novorapid and 2-0-2 of Levemir
We were like this half a year and then they took the guideline, we were without insulin !!!!!!!Because?I don't know, but it was so.
Since over 15 years we were making daily but random measurements, we continue eating for rations and thinking about everything, but without insulin, semiannual controls with the endocrine, in addition to the quarterly of the rest of the specialties, and never had hiccups or hyper since then, having new diseases, moments of health stress, studies, noviets, change of residence from Palma to Madrid etc. What happiness!Until September 2020 that began to be thirsty, we measure ... 500 !!!!!!!And nothing, here we are, we were lying 2 months to control the beloved sugar, it cost a month that the values ​​were in 200 that is not ideal but there we were.They put 20 of Toujeo and 12 of Novorapid, we started with the nurse who told us about a lot of things that had never explained us: ratio, insulin sensitivity ... but ... how nobody had explained it to me !!!!The hydrates, food, rations, knowing how to prick, understand how it works ... all that we already had by hand, but the calculations ... come on, that I will be a rookie but weird.This week we have an appointment for the sensor classes, which will start using them, to see how such!But the good thing will be to see the nurse's face when I see that we are in a guideline of Toujeo in the morning and 2-2-2 of Novorapid because if we put more it has hypoglycemia (which also does not notice and that is 50)😆😆 Eat exactly the same, we don't leave home because we are vulnerable people, so 0 sport, food amounts, food is the same and now with 2 we are at normal levels by pulling down, does anyone explain it to me?I have come to think that the insulin that has been injected, somehow "has aroused" the one who segregates his organism is sufficient, but we are going ... looking for a reason for "walking home."We almost always happen to others: my son is positive in hyper and hypothyroidism antibodies, yes, he has both, to see which one wakes up first and takes the prize, I am allergic to water 🤣🤣 I know,That cannot be, because if haha ​​I am and thus a small etc of things ruins.
WE ARE THE FAMILY OF THE PUPAS

Sharon's profile photo
Sharon
02/08/2021 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @Sharon!
Go experiences!It is normal to join several autoimmune with diabetes.
Your child paints a non -accurate diagnosis, it may not be diabetic and that other disease causes insulin resistance for seasons, but an endocrine test should test.
A type 1 diabetic is always punctured, it cannot live without exogenous insulin.
That you review the C peptide levels, GAD antibodies and other diabetes indicators.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2021 5:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Sharon, if your family are the pupae, mine the pupae2: P
Welcome to the forum :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/08/2021 6:18 p.m.

Ask the endocrine if you know what 3C diabetes is, or pancreatogenica, it is different from the 1 and 2 and the lad

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/08/2021 7:38 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

3C diabetes ???I had never heard it, @Alberto_13
You always learn things :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/08/2021 9:51 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
Ask the endocrine if you know what 3C diabetes is, or pancreatogenics, it is different from the 1 and 2 and the ladIt can cause it as it happened to me. A greeting and welcome

When he was diagnosed with the type I diabetes, the endocrine explained to me "of 3 parts in which we divide the Joel pancreas there is 1 that does not work due to the outbreak of systemic ARJ that damaged the pancreas.
When he began to have huge hyperglycemia a few months ago the endocrine that takes him here in Madrid told us that he had been able to be without insulin because he had reserves of pancreatic beta cells and with that we stayed, in addition, my son is in 4th ofBiochemistry and made sense to him, but of course, now the curl is curly, I assure you that we laugh every time it is measured.
Thank you very much for the information, on Friday I will be riddled with the nurse and we will request that the appointment with the endocrine forward.
I have been looking for information about the 3C and they leave everything as very open, come on, I don't know whether to choose scare or death 🤣🤣🤣🤣
As for treatment, food, rations etc. It looks like type I how does it have anything to do with?
Thank you very much for the information, you opened a new door

Sharon's profile photo
Sharon
02/09/2021 12:16 a.m.

That's what we are ... to send !!:)

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/09/2021 9:41 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

How strange everything!
I had beta cell reservation, but it has lasted only 5 years, I needed basal insulin always and fast since year 2.
I am type 1 lada (I just discovered it in a 2015 report when I debuted) and I have 0.44 peptide C (it has uploaded 0.09).Come on, little or no reservations.

Ask everything to the endocrine, and ask for antibodies and peptide C to see the reserves.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2021 6:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.