When to measure glucose?

mari75's profile photo   02/22/2021 9:02 p.m.

Hello, I am 45 years old and I think I have a prediabetes, I had pregnancy gestation 12 years ago, I started to measure the glucose by chance and I discovered that I was fasting about 115 a little more or less every day, and I am measuring it for an hourAfter eating, there are days that is about 190 or 200, I do not know if these values ​​are normal in a healthy person, my glycosylated analytics in January is 5.4 my doctor says it is normal, but at night sometimes about the4 a.m. I waken with a lot, the other day I was 145 at that time, I wanted to ask you who are more put in this, if I am doing it well by measuring glucose one hour after eating and in the early morning?145 In the early morning is a normal value?I should forget about the subject? Because my header says that everything is fine. Thank you a greeting !!

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/22/2021 9:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Does not fit a 5.4 glycan with the values ​​you comment, something fails, will it be not the glucomentor?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/22/2021 10:08 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Well, it could be an option, in September I had 5.7, but I lost weight and changed abitos, low to 5.4 and low glucose, in January, but for a couple of weeks that I see high values ​​again, despite having lost weightI don't know if I'm going to call the doctor again, thanks for your answer, greetings !!

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/22/2021 10:20 p.m.

You should go to the endocrine.A person without diabetes, even if they change habits, does not see their glycemia values ​​altered.

The glucose strips have expiration, look good on the date when using them.Miss the glycemia 2 hours after each meal to see how you are.Before it makes no sense because everything has not been digested.

If you are worried, control carbohydrates until you visit the endocrine and walk or do sports regularly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2021 9:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for your advice, I will.All the best

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/23/2021 11:18 a.m.

@mari75

Do not measure glucose one hour after eating.Wait about two and a half hours or even three.It depends a lot on food.

In any case 145 when getting up it is high.If it continues, go to an endocrine

Don't worry !You have a solution

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/23/2021 2:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks, I'll do it like that !!All the best

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/23/2021 2:33 p.m.

mari75 said:
hello, I am 45 yearsOr less every day, and I am measuring it an hour after eating, there are days that is about 190 or 200, I do not know if these values ​​are normal in a healthy person, my glycosylated analytics in January is 5.4 my doctorHe says it is normal, but at night sometimes about 4 a.m. I wake up a lot of thirst, the other day I was 145 at that time, I wanted to ask you who are more put in this, if I am doing well by measuring my glucosean hour after eating and early?145 In the early morning is a normal value?I should forget about the subject? Because my header says that everything is fine. Thank you a greeting !!

hello.The ideal glucose values ​​in a healthy person is to have them less than 100. It is acceptable up to 105, although it is an "alert sign."

If fasting glucose (after 12 hours without food) is 105 to 126, it is prediabetes.

Superior to that (on an empty stomach), it is already declared diabetes.

However, it is curious that your glucosilada is in good values.Something does not fit.

But something you are doing "bad" is that glucose after food is measured at 2 hours, not at the time.

That is, the ideal moments to take glucose are

a) fasting
b) 2 hours after taking food

These values ​​that I share can be seen in the table that appears in this link:
Link

And I am very aware of these values ​​because I have just declared Diabetic Officer type 2 this week and I have devoured all the information on type 2 diabetes.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/26/2021 8:13 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hello, thank you for your advice, I have been measuring two hours after eating two hours, but the values ​​are not good, Hayer was 191, it is also true that I eat rice and that I think the glucose rises a bit, beech in the morning on an empty stomach120 and today 110, but it is also true that the glycosilada I made in January (the first week) could have changed?Because almost two months ago I did it, I will not continue to be measured, thanks for your advice, greetings.

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/26/2021 8:34 a.m.

Look, according to my endocrine and what I have been able to find out reading and researchBut that if at 2 hours, a little more than less, it must have dropped to levels of 100/130 +/-, this is totally and correct, do not preucum if you walk there.

match53's profile photo
match53
02/28/2021 11:51 a.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Match3 Thanks for your information, I stay a little calmer, take care of greetings!

mari75's profile photo
mari75
02/28/2021 11:57 a.m.

match53 said:
look, according to my endocrine and what I have been able to find out reading and investigating, an empty glucose (without eating hours) or in the morning when you get up if it is between 70/130This is very good, after eating can up up to 200/220 but that if at 2 hours, a little more than less, it must have dropped to levels of 100/130 +/-, this is totally normal and correct, do not preucums yourselfIf you walk there.

I apologize, I believed the same and the error led me to diabetes.An fasting glucose of 130 is prediabetes.This can be the cause of fatty liver, insulin resistance, etc.If adequate is not medical and no eating habits are not adjusted, etc. without a doubt you are on their way to diabetes.

If an fasting person has 110, 115, 120 etc in glucose is fine, but you have to adjust "something" ... exercise, food, carbohydrates but above all, see the doctor, perhaps with a little metformin and the basic adjustments(Food Exercise) Avoid reaching diabetes (or retracts, many years)

We cannot trust, it happened to me and after a few years, I am already diabetic.I felt super good with glucose of 128 on an empty stomach .... 150 to 189 after eating (2 hours) but as the doctor told me: feeling good is not synonymous with being fine.

However, with a glucosilada from 5.4 to 5.7, everything seems "perfect" ... something does not block.

It is not bad, but it would be ideal to visit an endocrine or a cardiologist.

A blood chemistry of 27, 30 or 35 elements would help a lot to see the most complete picture.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/01/2021 9:09 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

mari75 said:
hello, thanks for your advice, I've been measuring me two hours after eating, but the values ​​are not good, beeer was 191, it is also true that I eat rice and I think soThat the glucose rises a bit, beech in the morning on an empty stomach 120 and today 110, but it is also true that the glycosilada I made in January (the first week) could have changed?Because almost two months ago I did it, I will not continue measuring myself, thanks for your advice, greetings.

110 and 120 on an empty stomach is not to worry a lot, but you may need some metformin to help you.Can't you see your doctor?They are still very good values, but they are not 100% ideal.In theory greater than 106 it is prediabetes (it is not always, it can be insulin resistance).

I think you are very time to improve those figures.It is improved with exercise, adequate food and I think it may see you to see your doctor to send you a dose of metformin.

Normally here at least in Mexico in such a picture these studies send: blood chemistry, blood biometry, general urine and glucosylated hemoglobin exam.

With this you can see your lipid profile, there you will notice if there is a fat/fatty liver theme that causes your body to generate low quality insulin and this makes your blood sugar be above 100 on an empty stomach and almost in 200 aftereat.

Ah, a trick that I learned that has helped me, because I liked rice verythe same consistency).

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/01/2021 9:17 a.m.

Thank you Matrix, and I ask for time with the doctor and they will repeat the glycia if it is that on the upload, I will tell you a greeting

mari75's profile photo
mari75
03/01/2021 9:22 a.m.

Hello!!!And visited the doctor all good, Glyc 5.3 So forgot about the subject, it was a pleasure to talk with you, take care of you abandoned the forum, since I am not diabetic, a greeting !!!!

mari75's profile photo
mari75
03/02/2021 10:07 a.m.

alberto_13 said:
does not fit a 5.4 glyc

It was already weird ... now !!!:)

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/02/2021 1:44 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Alberto, possibly that would be that, but better like that, 😊😊😊

mari75's profile photo
mari75
03/02/2021 1:47 p.m.

mari75 said:
Hello !!!And visited the doctor all well, Glyc 5.3 So I forgot about the subject, it was a pleasure to talk with you, take care of you abandoned the forum, since I am not diabetic, greetings !!!!

excellent!It is an excellent glucosilada, without problems.However, we always have to take care of food and health.congratulations!blessings!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/09/2021 12:59 a.m.

Thank you very much Matrix, there the doctor is going to monitor me every three months with analytics, in case you develop a diabetes, take care of yourself has been a pleasure.

mari75's profile photo
mari75
03/09/2021 7:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.