Starting with diabetes 1 in sport, worries me.

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo   02/17/2021 12:53 a.m.

Hello!I have never been to do a lot of sport, I have strong complexion but you already know, body of doing nothing.
I was diagnosed by type 1 about 7 months ago, and after thinking well "is the first thing to do it in constancy" I decided to start, but how?.
To do everything simpler, I only plan to lower abdominal fat, and I'm afraid to start a new lack of control and fill myself to eat sugar without stopping.
My question is ... how do that diabetic athletes 1 solve?Example...
If I go to the gym and start running 1 h How to maintain levels?Being in 300 and is going down? .. Is it that sincerely and after trying I am not able to climb 5 floors without the glucose falling.
It can be because of my diet, that it can't stand it?Do I have to eat a lot of carbohydrates?
Thank you!

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
02/17/2021 12:53 a.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

@"Pablo Asturianin"

It's very good that you want to play sports.It will be very good.

If you have a sensor, don't worry will help you.Each body / person is very different.You have to try how your body reacts to sport.Even then over time your reaction will change.
The best thing is that at first you take the gym at least one ration of carbohydrates.I usually carry it in Isostar liquid.It doesn't matter.You can wear candies, whatever you want but at least one ration.

Sport will help you a lot.The insulin needs will lower you.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/17/2021 8:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Pablo Asturianin said:
Hello!I have never been to do a lot of sport, I have strong complexion but you already know, body of doing nothing.
I was diagnosed by type 1 about 7 months ago, and after thinking well "is the first thing to do it in constancy" I decided to start, but how?.
To do everything simpler, I only plan to lower abdominal fat, and I'm afraid to start a new lack of control and fill myself to eat sugar without stopping.
My question is ... how do that diabetic athletes 1 solve?Example...
If I go to the gym and start running 1 h How to maintain levels?Being in 300 and is going down? .. Is it that sincerely and after trying I am not able to climb 5 floors without the glucose falling.
It can be because of my diet, that it can't stand it?Do I have to eat a lot of carbohydrates?
Thank you!

I explain, as your body adapts to exercise and gain background, that abruptness with which the glycemia lowers you will descend.

Start little by little, for example running 10-15min, and take it more as a constant than as running 1 day 1h and then not run until next week ... the constancy is the one that will help you above all.

Then you have to keep in mind that if the exercise is to raise weights, normally after exercising it rises through the effort, but the next meal and insulin be careful because you will be more sensitive and the amount of insulin will be reducing it.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/17/2021 10:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.