{'en': 'I am new in the forum, I present myself!', 'es': 'Soy nueva en el foro, me presento!'} Image

I am new in the forum, I present myself!

nuka's profile photo   02/19/2021 11:49 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am the mother of a wonderful 9 -year -old boy, about to turn 10, who has just debuted with type 1 diabetes. We knew it on January 30, he was admitted a week at the hospital (where they gave us a very good diabetological education, fortunately), and now we are spending the first weeks at home, and for what to fool ourselves, it is not being easy ...

He, precisely, is the one who takes it best, is a very quiet and confident child, is being made to the idea that he has this and for now he is integrating it very well into his daily life (except because lately the are costing him a littlepunctures, and I just bought the tickleflex, to see if we get used to and do well, because so far we have had some scares for not knowing if it had been punctured well or not ...).

I think the most complicated part is how the parents carry it, and especially me, their mother.I know that I have been telling it for a short time and I am still saying it, but it costs me a lot not to distress myself for controlling their glucose levels all day (and night) and for preventing hyper and hypo.I think that it has started with the disease very soon and that, on how well we do it now, your health will depend on the future, and I spend it badly if your values ​​are not good or cannot understand them.

This is regarding the day, but, in addition, I think it is also difficult for meThe disease will condition your life and everything you may or may not do ... and my heart is split.

We work only with free freestyle 2 and the reader, which he takes to school (he still has no mobile, nor is he click on school, because he comes to eat at home, for now), so I also have no continuous readings(And maybe for now it is better that way, I don't know ...).

I know that it is a background and that I cannot give everything now intensely because we have a long way to go, but I really realize that it is very difficult for me to be calm and not suffer, and I do not want this to have an impact on himand harm him.

Well, I have already explained my case a little ... I think that being part of the family of this forum will do well, and so I can read your experiences and help us mutually, so that all this odyssey is a bit more bearable!

Greetings to all,

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/19/2021 11:49 a.m.

Hijo de 10 años con DT1 desde enero de 2021
Humalog y Abasaglar (noche)
Primera HbA1c tras el debut de 5,8% (Mayo 2021)
Freestyle Libre 2

@nuka

I think we all understand you perfectly.The truth is not easy at first.The psychological part is also very hard and difficult.You have to get the idea and move on.

Fortunately I have started too late (and still it was a good blow) but my nephew started 8 years.The funny thing is that now I understand what the brother and his wife have happened.Ah then there were no sensors.My brother and his wife controlled him every three hours, including the nights!With capillary controls.But he has managed to adapt.Now he is 27 years old.Normal work.And he does sport boxing and already lives with his girlfriend in an apartment!

That if he prefers insulin pump.It is something that later you may have to consider.All in time.If everything (or quite) more difficult but in the end we human beings are very flexible and adaptable.And we move on.

A hug

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/19/2021 3 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

We understand you perfectly.I think more difficult for loved ones than for diabetic.
I debuted as an adult and many times I think it's like a philosophy of life, if you learn it as a child, it is easier than adult.
Your child will have a normal life and will develop fully, you can do everything you want.It is only a matter of controlling the friends diabetes.
A lot of patience and I advise you not trying to control everything, unfortunately diabetes does not work mathematically, every day is new and different.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/19/2021 11:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello,

Thanks for your comments ... yes it is true that right now we suffer more your parents than him ... And that is good, because the great part of the day we see him happy, as always, being the same as always ..But there are also moments (now we have been from the debut) in which he begins to realize what has touched him and laments a little ... and at that time he is very sad, you do not know how to comfortA child when he sees that most children are "healthy" and he has touched this ... It is not easy ...

Luckily he is a very conformed, patient and quiet child, and this character helps him with diabetes, too.

And I am also learning day by day that I will not be able to control everything, diabetes is like that ... no matter how much it costs us to assimilate, there are days that doing the same graphics are a disaster, and days that you don't understand anything... And others that are going very well, and that wears a lot at a psychological and emotional level.

Last Saturday we were wrong with insulin ... For once I was not to accompany him to punctuated the slow at night, it was my husband, and did not look at the pen and 8 units of fast were punctured.I almost died ... we were very nervous, including him, poorI have separate feathers and put them in different places every day, so as not to confuse ourselves anymore ...

Above, yesterday his endocrine gave us a new chasco ... he told us that he has the value of celiacy to the limit ... the analytics will repeat in a few months, but come on, that we go out with the idea that it will also end up being also celiac,which will complicate our lives still a little more ...

Anyway, we started seeing that this will be a background race and you have to dose energies, because we only have 1 month (the worst, I hope ...!) And you have to be fully for him ... and for our othersTwo daughters, who also deserve the best of their parents ...

Have a nice Thursday, a kiss to all!

Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/25/2021 10:10 a.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

@nuka

It would be good that you had, if possible, different colors for the bolis of insulins.I have one red for the slow and another blue for the fast.And they are also very different.One is from Lilly for the slow and the rapid is from Novo Nordisk.That helps why sometimes one can mislead!

In a forum theme, more than one has commented on that mistake.You are not the only ones.And I think that someone was wrong in many units !!!

You do not have to tell you that apart from the juices you have to have at hand and available two (one may not be enough) glucagon injections for emergencies and read the instructions well.It is only for emergencies and just in case.Glucagon will help you generate glucose in emergencies but an injection can sometimes not be enough.

All the best

jldiazdel
02/25/2021 12:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@nuka

It would be good that you had, if possible, different colors for the bolis of insulins.I have one red for the slow and another blue for the fast.And they are also very different.One is from Lilly for the slow and the rapid is from Novo Nordisk.That helps why sometimes one can mislead!

In a forum theme, more than one has commented on that mistake.You are not the only ones.And I think that someone was wrong in many units !!!

You do not have to tell you that apart from the juices you have to have at hand and available two (one may not be enough) glucagon injections for emergencies and read the instructions well.It is only for emergencies and just in case.Glucagon will help you generate glucose in emergencies but an injection can sometimes not be enough.

GREETING

Thanks for the tips!
Yes, the feathers are one black and the other white (Humalog and Abasaglar), but look, my husband did not notice (I have been much more pending the child during this month than him ...) and they went to the two...
Glucagon we have one at home and another at school, and we even have a video recording his educator where he explains how he prepares and injected, but the truth is that we think that being 8 units we could solve it with carbohydrates, and luckily it wasSo.We get used to the many but with everything controlled ...

All the best!
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/25/2021 3:29 p.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

@nuka

That happens sometimes!

How is very young, a child, hormones etc.It is very convenient that you have two glucagon at least for security.Well and if you have another extra at school better.If they are not used ... better.

But if the urgency arises it is better to have two.You never know.Our body is not a machine.You will see it, and what one day works well, the next day it may not.And with children / youth everything is more complicated by hormones.They affect them a lot.

My nephew who started with 8 years, one day I need two glucagon injections.It has only happened once.But that is enough to avoid risk

All the best

jldiazdel
02/25/2021 6:28 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@nuka

That happens sometimes!

How is very young, a child, hormones etc.It is very convenient that you have two glucagon at least for security.Well and if you have another extra at school better.If they are not used ... better.

But if the urgency arises it is better to have two.You never know.Our body is not a machine.You will see it, and what one day works well, the next day it may not.And with children / youth everything is more complicated by hormones.They affect them a lot.

My nephew who started with 8 years, one day I need two glucagon injections.It has only happened once.But that is enough to avoid risk

GREETING

Ok, I take note, then, we will buy another glucagon ... although just thinking about having to put it on (or have to put it in school, even worse ...) I take all the evils ... I usually don't knowDo hypoglycemia solve before glucagon is needed?Here as soon as Free sounds, we give him something right away ... and always go back quickly ...
Thank you!

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/25/2021 6:46 p.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

Glucagon is for emergencies.If you rectify in time with free, you will never need.
Diabetes is immune and it is common for other diseases of the same origin to arise.I have read that celiacge usually appears, the good thing is that this diet is very good for diabetes.
You can look for an association of diabetics in your city, they do many activities for diabetic children

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/25/2021 11:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
glucagon is for emergencies.If you rectify in time with free, you will never need.
Diabetes is immune and it is common for other diseases of the same origin to arise.I have read that celiacge usually appears, the good thing is that this diet is very good for diabetes.
You can find an association of diabetics in your city, they do many activities for diabetic children

Yes, in fact I have hashimoto thyroiditis, also autoimmune, and I have been eating gluten or sugar or cow lactics (on the recommendation of my endocrine), and I have improved a lot!So I suppose that with diabetes he will also do well, but of course, being a child is much more complicated than in an adult, the day -to -day diet will be more difficult, when he goes out too ... but come on, whatIf you touch, touch ...
Well, we'll see ...
Yes, I will look for the associations, I live in a city near Barcelona, ​​so surely I find some ...!
Thank you!
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/26/2021 9:04 a.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

nuka said:
hello everyone,

I am the mother of a wonderful 9 -year -old boy, about to turn 10, who has just debuted with type 1 diabetes. We knew it on January 30, he was admitted a week at the hospital (where they gave us a very good diabetological education, fortunately), and now we are spending the first weeks at home, and why fool oursHe has this and for now he is integrating it very well into his daily life (except because lately the punctures are costing him a little, and I just bought the tickleflex, to see if we get used to and do well, because so far we have had somescares for not knowing if it had been punctured well or not ...).

I think the most complicated part is how the parents carry it, and especially me, their mother.I know that I have been telling it for a short time and I am still saying it, but it costs me a lot not to distress myself for controlling their glucose levels all day (and night) and for preventing hyper and hypo.I think that it has started with the disease very soon and that, on how well we do it now, your health will depend on the future, and I spend it badly if your values ​​are not good or cannot understand them.

This is regarding the day, but, in addition, I think it is also difficult for meThe disease will condition your life and everything you may or may not do ... and my heart is split.

We work only with free freestyle 2 and the reader, which he takes to school (he still has no mobile, nor is he click on school, because he comes to eat at home, for now), so I also have no continuous readings(And maybe for now it is better that way, I don't know ...).

I know that it is a background and that I cannot give everything now intensely because we have a long way to go, but I really realize that it is very difficult for me to be calm and not suffer, and I do not want this to have an impact on himand harm him.

Well, I have already explained my case a little ... I think that being part of the family of this forum will do well, and so I can read your experiences and help us mutually, so that all this odyssey is a bit more bearable!

Greetings to all,

In my opinion, having diabetes is not to celebrate it, but said having diabetes is not a reason for life not to be as one wants, that is, it does not prevent everything that one proposes, we can mention that there are presidents of type1 diabetic countries type1, First Division players, well recognized type 1 diabetics, recognized prestige scientists, type 1 diabetics, etc.The important thing is to take care of yourself, and as in some forum it was commented, now with all the advances it becomes more bearable, better controlled and with the hope that in the not too distant a future a definitive cure is achieved, meanwhile to take care and take it the bestthat one can.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2021 7:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

antonimar said:
nuka said:
hello everyone,

I am the mother of a wonderful 9 -year -old boy, about to turn 10, who has just debuted with type 1 diabetes. We knew it on January 30, he was admitted a week at the hospital (where they gave us a very good diabetological education, fortunately), and now we are spending the first weeks at home, and why fool oursHe has this and for now he is integrating it very well into his daily life (except because lately the punctures are costing him a little, and I just bought the tickleflex, to see if we get used to and do well, because so far we have had somescares for not knowing if it had been punctured well or not ...).

Greetings to all,

In my opinion, having diabetes is not to celebrate it, but said having diabetes is not a reason for life not to be as one wants, that is, it does not prevent everything that one proposes, we can mention that there are presidents of type1 diabetic countries type1, First Division players, well recognized type 1 diabetics, recognized prestige scientists, type 1 diabetics, etc.The important thing is to take care of yourself, and as in some forum it was commented, now with all the advances it becomes more bearable, better controlled and with the hope that in the not too distant a future a definitive cure is achieved, meanwhile to take care and take it the bestthat one can.

Of course, all the reason!
Thank you for the spirits, at first, although everyone tells you that it will make a normal life, you think that this odyssey of glucose values, sensors, glucometers, carbohydrates etc ... does not look anything like anything toA normal life ...
But I imagine that little by little everything is integrated into the life of one and a certain normality is achieved ... that we expect!
greetings,
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/02/2021 6:06 p.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

@nuka do not hesitate.We make normal life:
Work
Travel
Sport
Eat out
Drive
Of everything

In my case, even more than before being diabetic.In about 4 months you will see what change.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/03/2021 12:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@nuka do not hesitate.We make normal life:
Work
Travel
Sport
Eat out
Drive
Of everything

In my case, even more than before being diabetic.In about 4 months you will see what change.

Aix ... I wish so ...!Thank you!

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/03/2021 4:19 p.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

Hello good I understand you perfectly on April 8 a year ago that my 10 year old daughter debuted with diabetes and sincerely I am not going to deceive you, it is a hard path and at the beginning all VAT great the first months of adaptation etc. with her climbsAnd you go down but now almost the year does not take it psychologically to that we add that the rule was lowered and does not express or want to talk about the word diabetes we are with many medical specialists psychologists etc and very aware of it above all and I understand you isVery hard but believe that you get strength where you did not believe that you had them is not a path of roses and there is much to fight, they are still children without the ability to understand this disease and as time goes by at least my daughter takes it worseThe most important thing is to talk to them a lot and be very pending courage and luck

1985's profile photo
03/09/2021 1:24 a.m.

@1985, there are ages when diabetes can be complicated a lot, especially in adolescence.I had relative luck with my daughter because she started very small and adapted well, but I remember that the sweets had prohibited us and it was what cost her most.When he began to see that he could eat everything with the fast, he was very calm.
Sometimes it is to find the key of what worries them most and that can be reassured.
@nuka, always have cocacola at home, which for hypos is very good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2021 4:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you if I do what happens is that my daughter unlike many do not steriorize and now I have left patience and know how to take it thanks for your advice

1985's profile photo
03/09/2021 9:17 a.m.

1985 said:
Thank you if I do what happens is that my daughter unlike many do not steriorize and now I get out of patience and know how to take it thanks for your advice

Jolines ... a lot of encouragement!I also think that my son takes it too well (we only have 1 month) and that sooner or later he will begin to complain about everything and change his humor ... but hey, we will be there for when that happens ... we have no choice!
A strong kiss and a lot of encouragement!
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/09/2021 10:18 a.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

1985 said:
hello good I understand you perfectly on April 8 a year ago that my 10 year old daughter debuted with diabetes and sincerely I am not going to deceive you, it is a hard path and to theAll VAT principle great the first months of adaptation etc with its ups and downs but now almost the year does not take it psychologically to that we add that the rule was lowered and does not express or want to talk about the word diabetes we are with many medical specialistsPsychologists etc and very pending from her above all and I understand you is very hard but believe that you get strength where you did not believe that you had them is not a rose path and there is much to fight, they are still children without the ability to understand thisillness and as time goes by at least my daughter has the most important thing is to talk to them a lot and be very pending mood and luck

I pinense that should not be fooled on the disease is real but said that, does not prevent a normal life, comparing you with non -diabetics (comparisons are not good but serve as an example)
Being diabetic serves to take care of yourself, since there are diabetic people who do not know and over the years come the complications, but as there is nothing before there is nothing that you cannot do in comparison of another non -diabetic parsone, you can study, do sports, view TV, do activities, etc. etc.
Even if they put the insulin bomb, you make life forgetting diabetes, which also gets along with free freestyle, but I understand that at first it overwhelms you, normal thing.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/14/2021 12:49 p.m.

I just want to add to the forum, which you have as a challenge a new life system that will lead you to get what you want ...

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
03/15/2021 2:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.