Insulin price and brands

Mono's profile photo   02/23/2021 5:10 p.m.

Good morning I present myself, I am monkey and I have type 1 diabetes in the United States and for work issues I must travel to Spain but I do not know prices and insulin marks in their country, could anyone advise on prices please?I am looking for more than anything price and short action insulin brand, I would also like to know if someone uses the medtronic bomb and if it is very difficult to get supplies for her, if there is a WSP group or where they can give me information and advise me to be able to travel quietlyOr if anyone knows about this would be very helpful, thank you :)

Mono's profile photo
Mono
02/23/2021 5:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning.
Short action insulins I suppose you mean Apidra, Novorapid or Humalog.
In Spain they cost the 3 equal, about € 47 the 5 feathers box.
You will need a recipe, since here it is mandatory for the sale of insulins.

jasom's profile photo
jasom
02/24/2021 12:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On the Spanish agency's page you can check all available, if you need a recipe (insulin needs it and you will not sell it without it), etc.

Link

Prices is more or less what they tell you for fast and slow about € 100 (Toujeo and Tresiba).
Older insulins cost less normally.
And if you come with a medical insurance, see it because it also covers a part.

I do not know if it is your case but if you are going to work here hired by a company in Spain, you have the right to social security in the same conditions as any Spanish and in that case you have the health care and insulins (the price is something elseof € 4 with social security recipe).They would also give you needles and strips also free.

The insulin bomb I do not know in Spain as you can get privately, you will have to look at it in Medtronic, contact customer service and you can inform you.In Social Security, certain people who meet criteria are covered and in those cases they give everything for free and Medtronic sends it home so I suppose there will also be a way to ask for it by paying you.
The strips or sensors can be requested on the websites of each brand or in Amazon and parapharmacy webs(except sensors that only cover them in certain cases).
If it is a short stay you can also bring everything you need from there, if it is long and you cannot do it because when you arrive looking for a private endocrine that can make recipes to buy in the pharmacy what you need.You will also know if yours is just sold what other option would be better.There is a lot of variety of insulins so I don't think you have problems.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/24/2021 2:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.