Lada type

Ladagranada's profile photo   04/22/2020 7:33 a.m.

Good, I've been with this type of diabetes for two years, I am 57 years old, does anyone have experience in this type of diabetes?
Poe example if you have tried several types of insulin and which one is best.I use abasaglar 14 u.At night, accompanied by pills

Ladagranada's profile photo
Ladagranada
04/22/2020 7:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lladagranada

Hello, I am TB Lada, I started 2 years ago with 53, but in the end what matters is that once the beta cells are exhausted and they are type 1 (as is my case) you have to follow the same treatment as any other.I use slow abasaglar insulin (remember your action lasts about 20 hours, no 24) and fast novorapid insulin.In your case you still do not need fast insulin and take pills.

Control your glycemias regularly and do a peptide test from time to time to check how you walk.If you see that you do not control your glucose with slow and medication, talk to your endocrine because you would have to have a quick insulin.

But don't follow anyone's advice on insulins or medication.You have to adapt it to you following your endocrine.There are no two people with equal diabetes.Each one is very different and following what another takes to you would surely not work for you.

If what you take, continue and do not change.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/22/2020 8:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.