Free Freestyle position

Carussa's profile photo   04/22/2020 8:32 a.m.

Hello everyone.Currently, I use the free freestyle sensor and I am quite happy with the result.During the time I have been using it, I have always placed it on the arm, but I have read in some threads that some of you put it in the upper button.I had thought about trying that position, especially thinking about the heat season, so as not to take it to view or that someone could touch it.But a doubt arises: when sleeping, especially mouth, does the sensor bother there?And, when you fly in bed, do not run the risk of taking away or something?Thank you

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/22/2020 8:32 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have taken it there for a long time and without problems of any kind.After reading studies (sugary Jedi) I saw that it was more accurate at the top of the thigh and went to that area.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/22/2020 9:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I carry it at the top of the thigh, a front a little displaced towards the crotch.In my experience after four years with MCG it is the best place where I have taken a sensor, to sleep, work, sport etc.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
04/22/2020 9:29 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@Carussa I always carry it there, at the top of the gluteo and I do not notice.So that I do not fall, I carry it covered with a dressing, in my case I use Leukomed T plus of 8x10.all the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/22/2020 11:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks, I'll try it.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/23/2020 8:28 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

It doesn't bother anything, nor do you notice.Anyway I usually sleep sideways.The broken, now I have it in the arm, but it is true that in summer, I think it is more comfortable in gluteo because it is not in sight and also protects you the underwear.Of course I put a dressing, or a patch of these diabeika or short a piece of roll of this kinesiological.Both last about 10 days, which are already starting to take off through the edges (the short thing in the corners), then I put another on top and it already lasts until the sensor is expired at 14 days.I have not tried thigh, only gluteo and arm and the two are going well for me.Only that in gluteo I put it minimal 12 hours before because it seems that it takes longer to impregnate the filament, I do not know if there is more fat or more muscle, and it active later.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/23/2020 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for the answers.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/24/2020 8:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.