{'en': 'Borja Mayoral and Samper share their experience with diabetes: "People didn\'t understand anything"', 'es': 'Borja Mayoral y Samper comparten su experiencia con la diabetes: "La gente no entendía nada"'} Image

Borja Mayoral and Samper share their experience with diabetes: "People didn't understand anything"

fer's profile photo   04/24/2020 11:18 a.m.

The two Real Madrid and Barça Canteanos had an online talk in a Sports & Amp initiative;Life

Both suffer from diabetes and tell how they have combined it with football.

Diabetes is a disease that affects metabolism that causes mainly high levels of blood glucose and suffering from around 5 million people worldwide.Like any disease, just as we are seeing with the coronavirus, it does not distinguish between celebrities or people on foot, and that is something that Borja Mayoral and Sergi Samper have wanted to emphasize.

The Canteranos of Madrid and Barça, now in Levante and Vissel Kobe, respectively, chatted in an Instagram direct promoted by Sport & Amp;Life to raise awareness and show support to those who suffer "without referents", as they did in their youth.

"We want this to help everyone to know and know a little more about diabetes."
"I would have liked to have a reference in Elite sport so I could advise me and follow its example," admitted Catalan."I was not prepared to tell me that I had to leave football," he said about how he felt when he knew his condition.

Samper recalls that when discovering that Maleral also suffered it was great support."In the Spanish team, Borja approached me and told me that it was diabetic. At that time I realized that I was not alone. It was a great joy."

For his part, the Levante striker shared his experience at age 12 in the middle of a game."We were playing a tournament and I had to go halfway to eat a sandwich and a Coca Cola. People didn't understand anything. In the end, we won that game. And, in addition, with two goals of mine."

"I would have liked to have a reference in Elite sport so I could advise me and follow your example"
Both ended with a message of mood and awareness about the panic that is taken to the disease."You can eat, you can do sports, you can do everything," they explained."We want this to help everyone to know and know a little more about diabetes."

fer's profile photo
fer
04/24/2020 11:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.