Hello everyone, I'm new!

elisa74's profile photo   03/02/2021 12:03 a.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Elisa and I am from Valencia, I write to you from the hospital the faith where my 14 -year -old son entered on a type 1 diabetes. They were detected by chance in a blood analysis that made him a few days agoIn the Health Center for the theme of their allergy to the cares, on Friday they called me to be racing it to test the sugar because I had given a very high level and wanted to see if it had been a mistake or not, I ran outFrom the work towards the school, and immediately I planted in the health center, they did the test and gave almost 300, they analyzed the urine and also gave a high value in sugar, so they made us an urgent report and runningWe came to the hospital, they attended us right away, we did not expect 2 minutes, at the moment we were already with the endocrine, the pediatrician ... A pass of attention, they repeated the tests again and well ... the diabetes was confirmed.As a mother, what you want to tell you, the world fell on me, I would have changed for him at that moment, I would have done what I needed ... I would have given my pancreas, my life ... but this does not work that way, so I had to make heart guts and remain strong next to him, more than anything because he was very whole and could not collapse in front of him.The first thing he asked is if he could continue doing sports because he plays basketball and it is his great passion, they told him that of course so he was calmer.On Saturday morning he wanted to do only the sugar test and punctuTo all of a lesson of integrity and positivism.It is not necessary to tell you that when my husband came to relieve me, it was to ride in the car and cry and shout from the deepest of my entrails, but that's it, I released everything and no more !!
Well, all this roll is to tell you that today I have discovered your website and I have felt a little quieter because I know we will be accompanied by you in this long way that my family has just started.Tomorrow they send us home and the truth is that I am terrified, I am afraid not to know how!!!Thank you very much to read me and see you here from now on !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/02/2021 12:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Elisa74

I encourage! At first it is not easy, but you will see how in a few months you see everything different.Your life will continue and you can play basketball, study, have a family, etc.Everything a little more complicated, but it will go ahead.Do not have the slightest doubt.

In the forum there are many issues that you should review.The more you learn from diabetes, the better.And of course, he is the first interested.

As soon as you can, he asks the endocrine to put a sensor, a continuous glucose monitor. I improve him and you a lot the quality of life, and help him a lot.

There are also many books.Ask the endocrine.When more information, better.

Many slaudos

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/02/2021 11:53 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Welcome to the forum.As you have told you, the news of a type I diabetes is always somewhat hard, and I do not want to imagine if it is also the diagnosis of your child.But you can be calm, since your child will be able to do everything in the future, he only needs a little more effort, but he will undoubtedly achieve it.The use of a measuring system continues (a sensor) for me is fundamental, marked a before and after in my diabetes.Inform well with everything and a lot of encouragement.Here we are for what you need.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/02/2021 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Thank you very much, yes, they have already asked for the sensor and will arrive in 2 weeks or so, he already wants to put it on.By the way I will put a message in another subform because it has been home today and the first on the forehead ... what nerves we have passed ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/02/2021 4:18 p.m.

elisa74 said:
hello to everyone, my name is Elisa and I am from Valencia, I write from the hospital the faith where on Friday my 14 -year -old son entered by a type 1 diabetes.By chance in a blood test that made him a few days ago in the health center on the theme of his haystones, on Friday they called me to fell him running to make the sugar test because he had given a very high levelAnd they wanted to see if it had been a mistake or not, I ran out of work towards school, and then I planted myself at the health center, they did the test and gave almost 300, they analyzed the urine and also gave a high valueIn sugar, so they made us an urgent report and running we came to the hospital, we were attended immediateTests and well ... Diabetes was confirmed.As a mother, what you want to tell you, the world fell on me, I would have changed for him at that moment, I would have done what I needed ... I would have given my pancreas, my life ... but this does not work that way, so I had to make heart guts and remain strong next to him, more than anything because he was very whole and could not collapse in front of him.The first thing he asked is if he could continue doing sports because he plays basketball and it is his great passion, they told him that of course so he was calmer.On Saturday morning he wanted to do only the sugar test and punctuTo all of a lesson of integrity and positivism.It is not necessary to tell you that when my husband came to relieve me, it was to ride in the car and cry and shout from the deepest of my entrails, but that's it, I released everything and no more !!
Well, all this roll is to tell you that today I have discovered your website and I have felt a little quieter because I know we will be accompanied by you in this long way that my family has just started.Tomorrow they send us home and the truth is that I am terrified, I am afraid not to know how!!!Thank you very much to read me and see you here from now on !!

Hello Elisa!
Here another mother of a child fond of basketball, but the smallest mine (almost 10 years), and we have been debut 1 month.We just went through the same thing you have told.He super whole, giving us a lesson to all, and his father and I made dust, without digesting the subject after 1 month.But what I can tell you is that returning home in part scares (because you are alone with him), but in part it is also very necessary, it is your usual scenario at the family level and it will help you integrate diabetes into their life andIn yours.In the hospital I had a very bad time, (locking myself to cry in the bathroom so that he did not see me), and then at home you see that life continues and that despite the difficulties, he will continue to be your son, thesame, and everything will be put in place.
My son at the moment does not eat at school because luckily we telework and as the insulin needs still vary a lot every few days, we adjust it better at home, but I hope that soon I can also stay again in the school.
I send you many spirits and a lot of strength, you will see how you get it from where there is no for him.If I can help you at anything, (although we are also quite novices), I will make it delighted.

Greetings,
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/02/2021 6:02 p.m.

Hijo de 10 años con DT1 desde enero de 2021
Humalog y Abasaglar (noche)
Primera HbA1c tras el debut de 5,8% (Mayo 2021)
Freestyle Libre 2

nuka said:
elisa74 said:
>

Hello Elisa!
Here another mother of a child fond of basketball, but the smallest mine (almost 10 years), and we have been debut 1 month.We just went through the same thing you have told.He super whole, giving us a lesson to all, and his father and I made dust, without digesting the subject after 1 month.But what I can tell you is that returning home in part scares (because you are alone with him), but in part it is also very necessary, it is your usual scenario at the family level and it will help you integrate diabetes into their life andIn yours.In the hospital I had a very bad time, (locking myself to cry in the bathroom so that he did not see me), and then at home you see that life continues and that despite the difficulties, he will continue to be your son, thesame, and everything will be put in place.
My son at the moment does not eat at school because luckily we telework and as the insulin needs still vary a lot every few days, we adjust it better at home, but I hope that soon I can also stay again in the school.
I send you many spirits and a lot of strength, you will see how you get it from where there is no for him.If I can help you at anything, (although we are also quite novices), I will make it delighted.

Greetings,
Nuka

Thank you very much Nuka, yes, we have to get strength from wherever it is, you can't see us sad because that would sink you, in addition is your older brother who is doing 2nd bachelor and this year is very important for him and also needs our supportWell, it's not an easy year, so, I don't know where I am going to get strength for everything but I will get them out .... I'm not !!!Hey that well that your child is also a basketball player, mine plays from 3rd grade and now it is in 3rd ESO, and I am convinced that much mood from which this demonstrates now has been instilled in basketball, that spirit of sacrifice and struggle, to overcome themselves in difficult times ... are made of another pasta?A kiss and see you here.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/02/2021 11:30 p.m.

As you have told you, you can do everything, today there are thousands of technologies that make everything much easier and insulins without much mjorees.There are bombs, sensors etc, a lot.It is difficult but I already tell you that today it is much easier than 38 years ago and you see that your son a priori takes it.Well, I also tell you that a time of rebellion will come, to get tired and not want to be different, it has happened to almost all of us who start children but will pass, assume it and come out with more force, sure.A kiss and continue.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 8:28 p.m.

elisa74 said:
nuka said:
elisa74 said:
elisa74 said:
>>

Hello Elisa!

Greetings,
Nuka

Thank you very much Nuka, yes, we have to get strength from wherever it is, you can't see us sad because that would sink you, in addition is your older brother who is doing 2nd bachelor and this year is very important for him and also needs our supportWell, it's not an easy year, so, I don't know where I am going to get strength for everything but I will get them out .... I'm not !!!Hey that well that your child is also a basketball player, mine plays from 3rd grade and now it is in 3rd ESO, and I am convinced that much mood from which this demonstrates now has been instilled in basketball, that spirit of sacrifice and struggle, to overcome themselves in difficult times ... are made of another pasta?A kiss and see you here.

Of course!We will do it for them, for their brothers (I have 2 more daughters, too), and because there is no other, more than looking forward and continuing!
Much encouragement!
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/04/2021 10:32 a.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

meginer said:
As you have already told you, you can do everything, today there are thousands of technologies that make everything much easier and insulins without much mjorees.There are bombs, sensors etc, a lot.It is difficult but I already tell you that today it is much easier than 38 years ago and you see that your son a priori takes it.Well, I also tell you that a time of rebellion will come, to get tired and not want to be different, it has happened to almost all of us who start children but will pass, assume it and come out with more force, sure.A kiss and continue.

Yes, I think that too, that now with 9 years I see it very confident and accepting everything very well, because we only have been 1 month, but sooner or later it will begin to complain, to feel different, and I also fear that moment ...What does not cause you tiredness and want to stop taking care of yourself, to control ... Anyway, everything in your time, let's not go ahead ...!
Thank you!
Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
03/04/2021 10:34 a.m.

Freestyle Libre 2

elisa74 said:
hello to everyone, my name is Elisa and I am from Valencia, I write from the hospital the faith where on Friday my 14 -year -old son entered by a type 1 diabetes.By chance in a blood test that made him a few days ago in the health center on the theme of his haystones, on Friday they called me to fell him running to make the sugar test because he had given a very high levelAnd they wanted to see if it had been a mistake or not, I ran out of work towards school, and then I planted myself at the health center, they did the test and gave almost 300, they analyzed the urine and also gave a high valueIn sugar, so they made us an urgent report and running we came to the hospital, we were attended immediateTests and well ... Diabetes was confirmed.As a mother, what you want to tell you, the world fell on me, I would have changed for him at that moment, I would have done what I needed ... I would have given my pancreas, my life ... but this does not work that way, so I had to make heart guts and remain strong next to him, more than anything because he was very whole and could not collapse in front of him.The first thing he asked is if he could continue doing sports because he plays basketball and it is his great passion, they told him that of course so he was calmer.On Saturday morning he wanted to do only the sugar test and punctuTo all of a lesson of integrity and positivism.It is not necessary to tell you that when my husband came to relieve me, it was to ride in the car and cry and shout from the deepest of my entrails, but that's it, I released everything and no more !!

All the principles are hard that we have to recognize it, but if one puts one and adapts as well as possible, it will be able to make a normal life like any other person, that if controlling, but it will not have an impediment to do whatever, sport, studies, etc. There are many people in the world diabetics who are celebrities, government presidents, Fudboll players of First Division, scientists, etc etc, and with the advances that exist it is easier to carry it.
cheer up

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/07/2021 10:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.