{'en': 'Second child', 'es': 'Segundo hijo'} Image

Second child

Alma's profile photo   04/26/2020 7:59 p.m.

Hello!

I am new in the forum.

Two weeks ago my three and a half years old debuted with type 1 diabetes ...

You can imagine the shock and the overwhelming of all the information about care and others, although after a week at home with all your care for a table ("thank you" to the confinement that allows your father and my television to work) it seems thatWe are calmer to see that the child is very good.

The point is that we were in search of the second child (I could even be pregnant) but right now I see irresponsibility because my instinct tells me that all my time and energies I must dedicate it to my son, although I also have the thorn ofDo not give him a brother.

Has anyone been in this situation?

What has been your experience?

Thank you very much in advance for your time!

Alma's profile photo
Alma
04/26/2020 7:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Much encouragement, @alma to see if someone can shed some light.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/26/2020 8:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Alma, in 6 months I think you have controlled your child's diabetes.I hope some mom can tell you her experience.Much encouragement and strength.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/27/2020 10:52 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hi @alma!I have a son with type 1 diabetes, he debuted 6 months ago.I believe that in months you are going to become an expert, it costs us now because it is a sooo littleunits) are difficult to handle, because it would need micro dose.What system does your child have?
Outside that, my BB got used very quickly to measurements and punctures, I see him grow so well and happy that I am too.At first I felt that I could never have good control, but now at this time I feel calm and confident, its glycosilada is improving, I already have two other children but in your case I would encourage me to have another BB.For me there is nothing more beautiful than the love of brothers, the rest accommodates.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
04/29/2020 3:53 a.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

You will be overwhelmed, you will have to pass an adaptation period ...
I personally do not compromise my family's growth for that, but of course, I have been trying to be a long time and I do not, so it also influences my vision of the desire for family growth ...

anif's profile photo
anif
04/29/2020 11:16 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

If you can live your pregnancy without anguish with the certainty that learning to handle the child's diabetes will be just a matter of time, it will be great for the child to have a little brother.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/29/2020 1:08 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thanks to everyone for your answers, of course it would be great to give it a little brother (we always dream of doing it) but I still see many complications, especially "logistics" taking into account that the child until the minimum 7 or 8 years will always needThe care of your father or mine and it is easier to manage this if we are two for one than if we are two for two.This added to reconcile the work of both and others ... so today, with all the rage of the world of seeing one of your dreams made shattered, we are more in the not in the yes, the same in a year we change fromOpinion ... INE_Milo, your treatment consists of slow insulin (at food) and fast at breakfast, food and dinner based on previous control.We supply it with pen and it is carrying the punctures and controls quite well.Thank you very much for your advice, a strong hug to everyone!

Alma's profile photo
Alma
05/01/2020 8:43 a.m.

Hello ... you have made a very rational and objective decision ... denotes intelligence for your part.In the society that we live today it is very difficult to cover everything and all ... some of that I understand why I have three children and in my case the DB1 is mine ... only mine ... all mine:/.

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
05/01/2020 10:42 a.m.

ss1 said:
Hello ... you have made a very rational and objective decision ... denotes intelligence on your part.In the society that we live today it is very difficult to cover everything and all ... some of that I understand why I have three children and in my case the DB1 is mine ... only mine ... all mine:/.
SS1 It must be very hard to take care of everything, that denotes on your part a great strength and sacrifice for your children, but it is important that you take care of yourself and that happens to share loads to the extent of what youallow circumstances, a lot of encouragement and a strong hug

Alma's profile photo
Alma
05/17/2020 12:11 p.m.

As soon as you have more controlled the diabetes of your son, you can think with your head more cold .. maybe next year?Or in 2 years?Or in him.What is needed?And so you can also dedicate the necessary energy to pregnancy and BB .. I would not discard it, only how such is not yet time to think about that .. Good luck!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
05/19/2020 3:50 a.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

I only have one child, and nothing happens, I want to tell you that if you want it great but that each child also needs their time and care, and if it is a son who needs special care until he is older because more.I think that having brothers and the fact of having two children or three, instead of one, that of oh no, I do not want to leave it alone, it is overvalued, it is my opinion, and respect everyone's. If later you see youWith strength and desire and you can and want, great, but that if not, my opinion is that there is no frustration.At first we wanted to have another but then we valued it, our son was already 8 years old, they were going to take a lot, and we were not going to run more risks, and nothing happens, there, it is almost 16 and with his friends and hiscousins ​​when you want and can.My son is not diabetic, the diabetics is me.
It is a very personal and respectable decision, but you should not feel bad if you decide not to have more, just like you decide otherwise.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/19/2020 12:51 p.m.

Well, I will talk to you as the brother of a diabetic, as the son of a diabetic father and as a diabetic.My sister is diabetic since I was 3 years old and little.Almost 50 years ago there were no progress today.My father is too.After my wine another sister and ................. In summary ........... my mother at that time, with what there was, she could withall.You have no reason to believe you can't.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
05/24/2020 3:23 p.m.

SOUL.From Venezuela, Alfredo Herrera greets him, I am a diabetic 20 years ago to my doctor, I began to investigate where my Dábetes proceeded, my father was diabetic and never took care of himself, I am afraid to finish like this, I found out.That my diabetes came from my maternal grandmother, I have 5 more brothers but not my mother's children but from my father's union with his wife, the only one with Dábetes is me.I hope your baby is better not to worry, notice that there is no evil that for good does not come, trust that such that at the moment there would be no covid-19 you would be in your distressed work, and maybe you would have to have retired from yourI work to take care of your child, because in the first change we do not know what to do.Quiet take care and congratulate her and her husband Ad Slga forward and take great care.Greetings, Alfredo.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
05/26/2020 7:11 p.m.

Thank you very much Alfredo, the truth is that confinement has been good for us to be able to control it;Every time I think about when I start the school I put my hair on end, and that we are going to have the great luck of having a nurse in school ... in short, that it is a very "damn" disease and lounique we can do is deal with her in the best possible way.A hug and thanks for your comment

Alma's profile photo
Alma
05/27/2020 6:03 p.m.

A lot of mood soul, you will see how nothing is and your child grows strong and healthy.a hug!:)

marta5's profile photo
marta5
05/28/2020 5 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.