Bread

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo   05/05/2020 11:07 p.m.

Leo everywhere that the bread is fast (HC of rapid absorption) but in the grated bread pack

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/05/2020 11:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Paco
I do not know what brand of breadcrumbs you have bought.Even if it has very few sugars, bread (also grated) is very fast absorption.In general 100 gr usually has around 70 gr of carbohydrates.In my facts, the breadcrumbs with 75 gr of carbohydrates appear.
A 20 gr portion would mean 1.5 rations in the Spanish system.

Here in Germany they love empanados pork fillets.The truth is that well made are rich.But my life is very complicated, because of the bread that wraps to the flesh, that it has a fat when frying it and with the pork protein (and its fat) makes me very slow digestions and I always put the leg!
But well from time to time ...

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/06/2020 10:02 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks JL.Let's see if I clarify.In the package it puts "grams of HC =, of which sugars =" from which I deduced that the HC are slow and the sugars are fast, I see no.How is this going?

Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/06/2020 3:02 p.m.

paco Iriarte vañó said:
thanks jl.Let's see if I clarify.In the package it puts "grams of HC =, of which sugars =" from which I deduced that the HC are slow and the sugars are fast, I see no.How is this going?

The general concept is that both are hydrates The difference is the time of assimiliation between one and the other.

Today with all industrialization many processes are refined and something that should be slow is not so much ... In the end you will learn with the time that goes up more or that goes up less ...

2 integral bread of different origin will not sit the same, I give you an example of the Mercadona whole bread bar that has the name, and a comprehensive artisan bread bun that all that real real fiber that has to slow down the digestion andIt will turn that hydrate into slow absorption.

Then you have the truquitos of .... If it is known that the starch rises fast and that the rice contains it then ... if I take that rice and mix it with vegetables for that that digestion also slows down ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/06/2020 3:33 p.m.

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

To know if they are fast (ie high glycemic index) the best thing is that you look at the tables of the Diabetes Foundation (or others) where they tell you their glycemic index.The grams of sugar do not work.
It's complicated!

But in general all white breads, non -integral pastes, non -integral rice, potatoes and juices have a high glycemic index and absorb very fast.

But the most important thing is that you tell carbohydrate rations!If they enter faster or slow, it only helps you to know if you have to put the insulin a little before (15 m) or just when you start eating.Or how they will absorb.Or as @marine tells you if you have to combine them with other products to slow them down.

Well it also serves you to recover from a hiccup.That is why the best thing is the juices or directly glucose or sugar tablets.That enters like a shot!

All the best

jldiazdel
05/06/2020 7:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I understand, thanks.Can I count on the "of which sugars =" as always fast?And the others depend on the mixture?

Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/06/2020 8:08 p.m.

Yes, but that sometimes does not tell you much about the total glycemic index of the food.It is additional information but sometimes you can lead to errors.In fact I really look at it but in the end I calculate the rations looking at the total carbohydrates that contains the product.

I think that it is better to calculate the rations on all the carbohydrates that come on the label (regardless of the GR of sugars) and if you want to know their glycemic index look at the tables.

All the best

jldiazdel
05/06/2020 8:50 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks JL.I am finishing the sketch of my tables and I hope to have your opinion soon, a hug

Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/06/2020 10:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.