{'en': 'Need for sport almost every day?', 'es': '¿Necesidad de deporte casi todos los días?'} Image

Need for sport almost every day?

Teresun's profile photo   03/03/2021 8:18 p.m.

Good to all!

I have a problem for not much, and I don't know if it is for the Freestyle 2 sensor that exaggerates the measures a bit or for something especially.

I always put me 23 of slow insulin at night (Tourjeo) and 1 Humalog unit by HC ration.I have controlled the sport in the sense that I know what sport uploads to me, which lowers me, how much I lower me .... etc.

But for a couple of months, the days that did not play sports (not including muscles, I speak only of the cardio) during the next day or the night gave me 1, 2 or 3 strange climbs, usually towards the end of the afternoon and theevening.

I ate, I did the insulin well and at the hour and a half - 2 hours I had insulin at a good level, but from there it starts to climb and get up to river 200 and Pico or 300 peaks.

And of course, when it starts to climb I correct myself with insulin, but it is difficult for me to know how much it will continue to climb (since insulin begins to take effect after 35/40 minutes), so I am several hours uncontrolled.

I have come to have to put up to 7/8 insulin units without having eaten anything several hours earlier to correct.

I tried to correct myself with slow insulin, I got from 23 to 33, but I didn't just change me.Or did that cardio sport a day (about 20-30 minutes) or give me those climbs for no apparent reason.

My question is:

Has anyone with similar experience found any solution to avoid those increases?

Since I try to play sports every day to avoid it, but I do not want it to be an obligation for sugar (or in case of not being able to do any season)

Greetings and thanks!

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
03/03/2021 8:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maybe you should get more up the slow one, especially the days that you are not going to do sports, so when the quick effect is more covered.It happens to me sometimes what, especially at night, that ends the effect of the raplate and putting myself faster at dinner, despite that only as a ration of HC but I have to put 4 or 5 units.I am still in it, it seems that I get up better but still somewhat high, around 150, so I am also uploading the slow one.This is an error test test.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 9:43 p.m.

Hi @Teresun

I have been like this and in the end I was going up and up the slow one you have seen that it was stable that without eating anything, it was a straight line.

In plan ... as my breakfast and I arrive at lunch with 120, have lunch vegetables and chicken and see if I get to dinner with 120 or approx without eating anything that alters or doing any exercise.

This was doing for days with different meals, to alternate until I saw that the basal was well adjusted and from there he already adjusted the rapid.

I hope it serves you

marine's profile photo
marine
03/04/2021 9:08 a.m.

Pufff, that's my day to day.
I correct and do some sport, as dumb as going down to the walking portal (I live in a sixth) and climb, that activates insulin.
If not, I replace 3 units every hour and do not go down.I have corrected with more units than those I use for any meal.
If I upload the slow one, I get up with hypoglycemia.
Also beware of hormones, it is disgusting.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/04/2021 5:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for the answers.

Uploading slow insulin (turjeo) is an option, what happens is that at night, at dawn, with 33 units I already lowered sugar (slowly, but enough to have to take 2 portions during the night) although duringThe day I notice that I could do a little more slow insulin.I always wear it at 10 at night;Would there be any option so that I did not take more effect at night)

As I understand I should have a flat effect regardless of the time I put it, but perhaps putting a part at night and then another in the morning ... theirs is to try and see how it goes, to see if someone has anyExperience on the subject of leaving slow insulin.

All the best !

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
03/04/2021 10:13 p.m.

@Teresun to Endrocrino himself told me ...

Toujeo can produce nocturnal hypos and thus be a change to prove would be the use of Tresiba.

I started great but in par of weeks of being with the adjusted treatment I started to notice that.

I take 1 ration of HC without insulin to bed about 150-160 and in the morning I wake up over 110-120

marine's profile photo
marine
03/05/2021 8:28 a.m.

Good morning ... I have diabetic type 1 for 14 years, I have never done exercise but at work m moved enough ... I have always wstado very uncontrolled ... there was a week I bought a ribbon of run ... I have the state all weekdoing my programs of exercises and I have had the sugar very well..GENIAL !!!I was super happy until I play day of rest..😔 x the clouds. 350..altisimo..q passes that if we do not exercise every day does not keep ???Doesn't that day end with rest ???The truth did not expect it and I have taken a very large chasco ... Thank you

xuladnay79's profile photo
xuladnay79
03/18/2021 8:38 a.m.

@xuladnay79

You have gone from not doing sports to do cardio (running tape) for a week and then you have stopped.When you made Cardio, as it was an activity nothing habitual, you have burned many carbohydrates and that has helped you.Your body / your muscles were nothing accustomed.I think when you do sport on a regular basis, over time your body will adapt and better check your needs.At least in my case I do not have that problem on the day (I rest on weekends, even though I always go out to walk, and I do not have those sudden changes).What happens to me is that if I stop a week or two, the slow needs increase me.

You will have to be patient and see how you evolve when you have been longer.The day/days of rest, you may have to readjust the insulin or reduce carbohydrates.

But still with sport.In our case, as you know perfectly, regularity is important.Ah, even if you change the intensity (for example you make career intervals) or several the type of sport, insulin needs may also change.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/18/2021 10:57 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

xuladnay79 said:
good morning ... I am diabetics type 1 for 14 years, I have never done exercise but at work m moved enough ... I have always wstado very uncontrolled ... there is a week a weekm I bought a tape of run ... I have been doing my programs for exercises all week and I had the sugar very well..GENIAL !!!I was super happy until I play day of rest..😔 x the clouds. 350..altisimo..q passes that if we do not exercise every day does not keep ???Doesn't that day end with rest ???The truth did not expect it and I have taken a very large chasco..thanks

I am verifying that because of `` misfortune '' I need sport almost every day.If I have been ongoing for a few weeks, because if you fail one day, nothing happens, but from there it begins to notice.

I recommend for example the so -called HIIT if you don't have time.They are about 15 minutes of high intensity, and with that the days that I do not do anything else.

The truth is that it is very very complicated, and I have now noticed thanks to the Freestyle sensor.And there is a curious thing that I cannot remove, and it is a small climb at 1-2 in the morning up to about 200 glucose.It is not serious because it does not climb from there, and with 2 units of insulin I go well at night, although if I go to bed early it is always annoying to have to get up so as not to be up to all night.

But well, this is little by little, I am pressing a lot about me now and still remains.

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
03/18/2021 7:45 p.m.

@Teresun

On that regular night climb, maybe it would help you if you can have dinner early, at least three hours before bed and very light.

I had a similar problem and now make very light dinners.Only two portions and one of vegetables and a little chicken or fish, but very little.And with that I avoid the night increases because I make the digestions somewhat slow.

Keep with the High Interval Intensity Training (HIIT).Is very good and is very effective

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/18/2021 8:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.