Diabetic Father Infarto Bypass Coronary

SamuelBermudez's profile photo   03/04/2021 midnight

Good to everyone, my father is type 2 diabetic for a long time, he is 60 years old, he is thin and short, unfortunately, he is a resistant patient so he does not like to take his metformin or injected his insulin regularly despiteIf you have lost 1 eye for a peak of sugar, he is something like asymptomatic for hyperglycemia, it can be with 300 or 400 and feel nothing neither buzz nor headache nor any other symptom and even talk about puncturing his fingerTo measure the glucose, he has phobia to the needles, for the end of the year parties at a family member ate uncontrolled and had a peak of 600 of sugar which caused a heart attack to the heart, which covered several arteries,He was in the UCI several weeks, then they operated and made a triple coronary bypass (coronary revascularization surgery), it is an open heart operation in which they take a vein that goes from the groin to the ankle and place it in the heart forThat the blood flowed along an auxiliary path, the operation went very well, although it had a slightly serious post-operative infection already recovered and it has already been in my house for 2 weeks, although with a lot of pain still because when openingThe sternum This surgery is terribly painful, now I am the one who sees for his health, I am 24 years old, I am his only son, bathing, I change it, I give him his medicine, although he still does not like to take his pills or injectInsulin, I have to inject it because the doctor warned us that in these months of recovery by the cut it is crucial to maintain the low glucose.Any of you have a relative or maybe you with heart problems being diabetic?If so, after this recovery time what kind of physical exercise could be done not to affect the heart?Thanks for reading me.

SamuelBermudez's profile photo
SamuelBermudez
03/04/2021 midnight
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good evening, I have an angina in chest and they implanted two stents a year and two months ago.I am type 2 diabetic. I do sports or I am every day and I am thin.I have cared little during my life and smoked a lot.I am somewhat younger than your father, but I do recommend that you walk and do sports without any exhaustion, and once you recover your forces.A bypass is not the same as a stent.Your father is slower.My father has 3 stent and a valve.He began to walk and be proactive little by little.He is currently 85 years old and Pilates does 2 times a week, but always remembers without squeezing and when he recovers.Doctors can help you a lot to mark safe guidelines.Greetings.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
03/04/2021 1:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is important that blood glucose is in normal values ​​for healing.
I suppose the insulin will be basal, put it in the buttock, you will not see the needle and it is the best place for the basal.Do not leave metformin, is what regulates meals.
Try Mediterranean diet and reduce rice hydrates, pasta, potatoes, bread ... and fats.These foods rise glycemia and take a long time to disappear.

Exercise helps a lot to control blood glucose.As this convalescent and walking will cost you a lot, you can try some 0.5 or 1kg dumbbellhouse and then little by little on the street.

And most importantly: a lot of patience.The men are very complaints 😀 and very bad patients.My father with 77 is a continuous desperate fight for everything.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/06/2021 11:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.