Glycemia that goes up three hours

Carussa's profile photo   05/10/2020 12:38 a.m.

Hello everyone.I wanted to ask a question about something that has been happening for a couple of months with dinner insulin: before dinner, I put the insulin corresponding to the hydrates that I will ingest.So far all normal.I have free, so that during the next two hours I see that sugar levels are correct and that I have succeeded with insulin units.However, at three hours or so, I see that the sugar begins to rise again, like a rebound, and I don't know why.The truth is that it is nothing exaggerated, but I do not understand why it happens.For example, today before dinner I had 103, I have put 3 fast insulin units for 4.5 HC (it is what I usually wear, according to my sensitivity ratio).During the next two hours, it has not exceeded 123, and I have finished at two hours with 110. And, from this point, it does not continue to go down but it starts up until, at three hours, I am in 167. I haveproven that this usually happens to me when much of the HC consumed at dinner comes from bread.
Any idea about it?Thanks in advance.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/10/2020 12:38 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

For me those controls are great.

My scale for before food is to be between 90-120 and post food until 180.

That you begin to rise a little later can be perfectly for the digestion of how the bread assimated or with which it is accompanied,

I can assure you for that if you do the same but instead of bread as fruit it will go on the contrary you will have those 167 to before those 2h and then it will be a constant descent.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/10/2020 10:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, @marine, I agree with you, I think it is bread that makes glycemia last longer.That, together with the fact that after dinner I move very little (it is not like at the time of breakfast or food that I have more physical activity).But what can I do to avoid that, if I have a little more bread, that happens?Put the insulin at the end of dinner?Use Fiasp, is the only fast insulin I have used.Perhaps a rapid with a longer action would be better?What alternatives are doing well?For the rest of meals (breakfast and food), Fiasp is doing very well.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/10/2020 12:55 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Play with the area where you click, when you click or the insulins you have ...

It's a matter of learning it

marine's profile photo
marine
05/10/2020 5:05 p.m.

And how do you get up?If then I go down well.
You can use Novorapid that its effect lasts a little more than the FIASP.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/10/2020 5:21 p.m.

@Carussa
That is usually caused by an excess of fat or proteins at night.If then the basal lows it to you, it is not to worry.

The bread enters very fast.In about 15-20m it is in the blood.I don't think that's the truth.Something slows you digestion.If you take fat or excess proteins at night, they can cause you those climbs.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/10/2020 6:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@anaisabel, Then I get up well, today specifically with 87. Then seeing the free registration, which I said of 167 was the highest value.From there he went down and I was throughout the night between 75-90.So I think the slow (Tougeo) I have well tight.
@jldiazdel, what you say about bread is true, I also had it classified as a fast absorption food, but I didn't have a lot of fat either: I had a fish, a cheese triangle, a cheese triangleNot very thick, bread and pear.
I have to say that this does not happen to me every night, just some and usually coincide when as a little more bread, so I thought the shots could go there.
Thank you very much to everyone.I thank your comments very much.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/10/2020 7:49 p.m.

I would not adjust anything, really, considering that it does not always happen to you and that the glycemic peak is in less than 180 and you get up perfect (in fact you sleep brushing hypoglycemia, I could not, with 70 sugar at night andI wake up for hunger, but this is personal) if you adjusted something I would surely mean that you then had to take something before sleeping so as not to get up in hypoglycemia so I would not touch it, they are very good values.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/10/2020 8:44 p.m.

Yes, Macarena, you carry all the reason: in the dinners that does not happen to me (which rises a little more glycemia), it is true that, before going to sleep, I have to eat something for my sugar level notGo down even more at night.My question was above all to know why this climb for three hours after having dinner.It can be for bread or for another reason, we all know that in this disease the variables are many.
Thank you!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/10/2020 9:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.