Insulina Novorapid

diabetikafenix's profile photo   03/18/2021 8:59 a.m.

Hi guys!I can put the insulin after eating ??? 🤔 use the novorapid and the waiting time is
10 to 20 minutes Then once I finished eating I have to wait 10 or 20 minutes and put it on?

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 8:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Power, you can.You don't have to wait 10-20 minutes.Simply, keep in mind that, the longer to put it on, the longer it will take effect.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
03/18/2021 9:35 a.m.

Example to clarify your doubts: Smile:

-You action of action of your insulin,

Now, action time can vary depending on the injection zone

and finally the time it takes for food to digest and reflect in your glucose.

Now the practical example ....

Imagine that you have the sugar at 90mg/dl and you put the insulin 15min before eating and in the abdomen.You eat brocoli and a meat steak ..... most likely you give you hypoglycemia.

Another example, you eat fried potatoes with eggs and you put the insulin just after eating and gluteing, and has blood glucose in 100, because you probably have a 180-220 peak before it starts to take effect.

This goes like this, playing with food ... insulin ... the injection zone ...

marine's profile photo
marine
03/18/2021 10:05 a.m.

@diabetikafenix
I use Novorapid and I do what @marine tells you to know when to put the insulin.

I take into account three things: i) As I am glycemia before eating;ii) What type of food will I take, and iii) q I will do after eating.Even so, we are not machines and sometimes it doesn't work as expected!

For example, if I am normal about 100, as my breakfasts have enough some somewhat fast carbohydrates (fruit, yogurt and cereals, although I try to put flax seeds and pumpkin pipes to have some protein and fat)Before breakfast (before I put it 15 m before, but I have verified that in my case lately it works best for me with 30m).My meals as they have quite more proteins and fats, click just when I started and sometimes at the end.I make the dinners very light of only two portions (and at least one ration are vegetables) and without excess fat.In the dinners I click about 15 m before.

You have to prove that it works in your case, because what usually works for me may not, since each one we do the digestion in a very different way and assimilate the insulin differently.

Ah, and what affects a lot is whether after eating you will move or go for a walk.In my case, I reduce between one or two insulin units if I then go around an hour.In any case, I always carry glucose tablets equivalent to two rations of carbohydrates in my pocket in case I am wrong.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/18/2021 10:43 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Marine is my mother .... I didn't know what ratio at night Insulina: Carbos was 1: 1
Ami put it like this
1x1 breakfast ratio
4x0.5 (2uds) food ratio
4x0.5 (2uds) dinner ratio
Thank you very much x the information☺️

diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 10:58 a.m.

@diabetikafenix

The ratios are very personal.Do not change them except that you see that it is necessary (because you always have hyper or hyper) and if you have doubts consult before with your endocrine!

jldiazdel
03/18/2021 11:01 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel Thank you ... for your comment .. and that of reducing insulin how is it going?I will put a uk example, I will be caught if I caught it
If in the food I put 2u but knowing that then I will do 30 minute of exercise then then do I have 1?

diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 11:19 a.m.

@diabetikafenix

I'm afraid that you have to try it in your specific case and see how it works for you.Test and error.But keep in mind that it depends a lot on it after eating: it is not the same 30 m than an hour;And it is not the same to do something of muscles as Cardio.You have to try several days doing the same routine and see how such.

For example, I at breakfast now take 3 portions.If I go for a walk (in my case about 45 m of fast/active walk) I put between 3 to 3.5 units, depending on blood glucose.If I am around 80-90, only 3 u.If I stay at home and I am not going to move around about 4.5 u of insulin.

Even so, there are days after the walk I have to take half a ration of carbohydrates.The opposite (something high of glycemia) usually happens to me if I stay still at home.

all the best

jldiazdel
03/18/2021 11:30 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel TB You have commented that it affects a lot if after eating I move or go for a walk.So in that case what do I have to do ???When I finished eating rest ... until the time of controlPut to dance like a crazy hahaha to jump we will make efforts ... after each meal make repossible to make the capillary.Is so ??

diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 11:39 a.m.

Of course you can go to the bathroom and the kitchen, woman ...

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
03/18/2021 11:44 a.m.

I don't think I said that!

By the way, dance is very healthy!

jldiazdel
03/18/2021 11:49 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Diabetikafenix have not received diabetes education classes?I see that you are very green and there are things that you have to have from the 1 clear minute to react correctly.

If you do not have those learning classes given by all the means to give them.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/18/2021 12:52 p.m.

@diabetikafenix is ​​not a matter of making absolute rest after eating, you can make normal life.But if for example one day after eating you plan to go walking or do something that implies enough movement because you will have to take it into account and get some less insulin because it will make you more effect.
It is a matter of adapting the insulin that you put to your life not vice versa.
Loating the bathroom or coninion cannot be considered almost a physical activity no matter how big your home is almost nothing.This is whether you go for a walk, you go shopping or something similar that implies moving a good time.
Then the amounts of insulin is that it is not fixed, it changes in each person so it is a matter of testing to see the settings you have to do in your case depending on what you are going to do and eat.
Insulin management is very complicated and requires a lot of knowledge of oneself and how things affect you.Each affects us differently and we need different doses to do and eat the same.
I see you quite lost in general so I would begin little by little to learn to count well hydrates and see how many units you need for each ration of hydrates (1 ration are 10gr of hydrates).And then point everything at the beginning: the insulin you get for everything, see what effect the exercise does and you are trying and adjusting.You will be wrong many times but the important thing is to learn from those mistakes and the next to do better.
If you can meet you with an educator in diabetes, it would be the best to explain everything well and ask you doubts, if you have no option because you look on the Internet such as counting rations of hydrates, insulin ratios, sensitivity factor and you are reading everythingYou can see if you get it a little clearer.There are many things and you have to go little by little.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/18/2021 12:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Marine Well, if I tell you the truth very little, from the first minute, I only received very little info, teaching ... in all the revisions that I was the only thing I received from my educator, it was ... to put the insulin.Pellizco .. rotation etc
Tmb explained to me about the ratio/, insu+Hc ,, but what did not explain that at dinner the ratio is 1: 1

diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 1:16 p.m.

diabetikafenix said:
@marine if I tell you the truth very little, from the first minute, I only received very little info, teaching ... in all the reviews that I was the only one I received forpart of my educator, was .. to put the insulin .. pinch .. rotation etc
I explained to me about the ratio/, Insu+Hc ,, but what did not explain that at dinner the ratio is 1: 1 >

If you tell me that, what I understand then is that it has not been very clear to you.

I have put an example of a ratio and you have taken it as a reference that this is so, other colleagues have told you that the ratio is very personal and in fact in addition to personnel change often in function from your day to day.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/18/2021 1:19 p.m.

The ratio is personal.In that case, I would not pay much attention to the table above.In addition, for me the maximum action of the novorapid is at 2 hours (and not at the time).
Little by little you will learn to handle you.Find out how you can affect the exercise and take notes for each case.Over time you will see that, the more you know, the more freedom you will have because you will know how to act.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
03/18/2021 1:26 p.m.

@Yessica_a I will give you an example to see if what is understood well hahaha
Aver x example if at breakfast I get 2R HC + 2U but knowing that then I will go shopping .... because instead of 2u I have to put 1u!
Example of food;: 8rhc+, 4u but knowing how I am going to do aerobic because in that case, instead, of 4u tendri k put myself, 3u ???2U ???

diabetikafenix
03/18/2021 1:58 p.m.

Make your normal life, don't want to cover so many things.At first you have to follow the guidelines that the endocrine has told you and when time passes you will see what you need and you will play with insulin.
Relax !!!😉

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/18/2021 2:39 p.m.

@diabetikafenix

A very simple rule: if after eating, after two hours or two and a half hours, these low glycemia and that happens to you for several days, it means that you have insulin left over (or you are lacking rations).Inversely, if after eating, after two hours or two and a half hours, you are high of glycemia and that happens to you for several days, it means that you lack insulin (or you have plenty of rations).

Applying that rule to the questions you ask:
- If at breakfast I get 2R HC + 2U but knowing that then I will go shopping .... because instead of 2u I have to put 1u!** Answer: You will only have to lower insulin if you have plenty, that is, if for several days you check that you have hypoglycemia.
-Example of food ;: 8rhc+, 4u but knowing how I am going to make aerobic because in that case, instead, of 4u teraq k put on me, 3u ???2U ???** Answer: You will only have to lower insulin if you have plenty, that is, if for several days after Aerobic you have hypoglycemia.

All the best

jldiazdel
03/18/2021 3:22 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

diabetikafenix said:
@yissica_a I will give you an example to see if it understood you well hahahaha
Aver x example if at breakfast I get 2R HC + 2U but knowing that then I will go shopping .... because instead of 2u I have to put 1u!
Example of food;: 8rhc+, 4u but knowing how I am going to do aerobic because in that case, instead, of 4u tendri k put myself, 3u ???2U ???

It is that neither I nor anyone can answer to that, you will have to try and see what it works for you.It's not as easy as I'm going to exercise I put 1u less.It also depends on the type of exercise, it is not the same to walk than to do Aerobic than to do weights or run.Each person needs to reduce a specific amount and you will only know.And it may not be the same amount depending on the moment of the day, time of the menstrual cycle, type of exercise ... is that there are many things to take into account.I know what I would do in my case but I don't know what another person would have to do in my very situation because it is most likely to be different.
It is to try and point everything and from there you see what is going well and badly and adjust.You can also ask for bolis of half units to make smaller adjustments.

What you have to understand is that they cannot respond to the same insulin doses for all.I may need 4U for 2 rations and you only 2u.Just as I walk half an hour I don't get off and you do.It is one thing to have the knowledge of what is supposed to be common as insulin makes more effect if you exercise and another knowing what adjustment each person needs in that situation.The insulin doses should learn to adjust them with proof and error according to what you observe in your own body.You should never use the doses that another person uses because each one has needs.You have to start from the doses you now use as a reference and then test in the different situations that arise to adjust.You will be wrong sometimes but that's how you learn for the next one.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/18/2021 4:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.