Prick insulin in the culete

elisa74's profile photo   03/06/2021 4:01 p.m.

Hello, I have read that you can prick the insulin in the culete, in the hospital they told us that they could puncture in the lower back but did not say anything about the buttocks, then can I prick my son there?
And another doubt, clicking on the arm (needle of 8) should the water click in 90 ° (that is straight) or should it be tilted a bit?
Thank you

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/06/2021 4:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Elisa74

In the culete of course !!I use it more than the belly.

I don't use the arm, but many people yes.

I use a needle of only 4 mm because I don't have much fat.In fact I don't even pinch to put the insulin!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/06/2021 4:07 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

8mm needles is a barbarity for a child and are not recommended
Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/06/2021 5:13 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13, I will comment on Tuesday to the endocrine thing about the needle, my son measures 1.77 and weighs 70 kgs, I do not know if the size of the needle influences, but I will tell him anyway.Thank you so much !

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/06/2021 7:54 p.m.

Ah, he is 14 years old.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/06/2021 7:55 p.m.

It weighs and measures the same as me, I use 5mm and it is phenomenon, 8mm is usually for thick people, and I already tell you that there are many endocrine who advise it, with 8mm the puncture can become intramuscular with what insulinIt goes directly to the blood with the danger of hypo that this is, but the best consults with the endo

Alberto_13
03/06/2021 8:56 p.m.

@Elisa74

Yes, I also believe that your child does not need those needles.For its height and weight it seems to me that it is perfect!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/06/2021 9:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, in the slow buts.Or legs but if you do sports they are hard and hurts.
In abdomen and arms the fast, it is advised.
I use 8mm forever, but try 6mm or less, they didn't go well, but I'm chubby 😀

Nurses tell you that at 90 ° but a bit inclined it also works because insulin is liposoluble, let's need fat to absorb.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/06/2021 10:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, the best place to put the slow, is the buttock.It hurts less and lasts more.
The fast, in gut or arms., In the legs it hurts more.
And the needle length is usually enough 5 mm, unless it is more fat.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2021 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good, I use 5mm on both legs and arms and always 90º, I noticed less pain than with the 8mm

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
03/08/2021 9:31 p.m.

Thank you very much, in the end I went to the Saturday to the pharmacy running and I bought the 5 and much better !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/10/2021 11:17 p.m.

I use those of 6 because they are the ones that give me, but I prefer those of 5.
With Lantus if what m put it in the ass, but the threeiba put it in the arm q is where the prospect says that you have to put it.
The ultrarapide in the gut for breakfast and the rapid for the other meals and almost always in the thigh.
The punctures do not hurt, unless it takes a capillary.
I always include the needle.
You see that we each do it in different ways.Go testing and stay with the one that comes better to you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/11/2021 1:42 p.m.

anaisabel said:
I use those of 6 because they are the ones that give me, but I prefer those of 5.
With Lantus if what m put it in the ass, but the threeiba put it in the arm q is where the prospect says that you have to put it.
The ultrarapide in the gut for breakfast and the rapid for the other meals and almost always in the thigh.
The punctures do not hurt, unless it takes a capillary.
I always include the needle.
You see that we each do it in different ways.Go testing and stay with the one that comes best to you.

I have read the Threeiba Prospect of Law and Reves and I have only found this:
Tresiba is administered subcutaneously by injection into the thigh, the upper arm or abdominal wall.The injection point within the same area must always be broken to reduce the risk of lipodystrophic and cutaneous amyloidosis (see sections 4.4 and 4.8).
I use Tresiba and you had scared me: D

Alberto_13
03/11/2021 5:15 p.m.

Well, it doesn't work in the culete.I punctuate the lentus and it does not take effect, I have to click faster.In my arm it is where I do better, in my leg it does not work for me either, it hurts a lot when making effort ... walking and such, and the belly is another area where if I use the fast.Arm and belly for me, culete and leg or patterero and with pains ...

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
03/11/2021 11:02 p.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

@Alberto_13, do not be scared that each one is doing in one way. I put it on the arm since I use it, I will be wrong.

Anaisabel
03/12/2021 1:08 p.m.

If he puts it, look

How to inject

• Tresiba is injected under the skin (subcutaneous injection).Do not inject it into a vein or muscle.

• The best areas for injection are the front of the thigh, the upper arm and the front of the waist (abdomen).

It does not put the ass.

Anaisabel
03/12/2021 1:11 p.m.

You have made me think that I was equivalent that it could be.I have been doing so since 2016.

Anaisabel
03/12/2021 1:14 p.m.

Hello, let's see, with respect to the needle length is in proportion to body fat, I mean a thin can with 4 mm alone, while the fat should be the 8 mm, since if it were the 4 in principleIt can be in the fat.
Clicking the ass (pompias, rear, etc) has an important motive, insulin acts faster in 1st arm, 2nd belly, 3rd legs and slower culete, in quite interesting click there in the dose of the night because it is absorbedMore slowly (proven), in this way we extend its effect, ok?, have I taken out of doubt?, Well, to take care and puncture ... hehehe

match53's profile photo
match53
03/14/2021 1:40 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.