How much is it normal for sugar to rise after eating?

Carussa's profile photo   05/19/2020 9:57 a.m.

Hello everyone.In one of my reviews with the endocrine, I think I remind me that, with the rapid that I put me, it was recommended that the sugar level did not exceed 180 during the two hours after each meal.The truth is that this seems a bit high, and I try not to overcome 160 (normally, I usually have even lower 130-140 during those two hours).I've been free, so I can check it.Do you also do so?
And what glucose peak a non -diabetic person can reach after eating?I understand that I will never have the levels of a non -diabetic, but I would like to always try to do my best.
I add that I have type 1 diabetes.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/19/2020 9:57 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

For me 180 it is acceptable but the truth is that many times I reach 220.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/19/2020 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I reach 200 or sometimes more during those two hours, it is desirable that after two hours you are maximum in 140. A non -diabetic, as soon as it goes up, it launches an insulin peak and if it is not enough because what you have eaten has a high valueGlycemic, launch again according to values ​​and needs, that is impossible in our case, so you do not obsess, keep good control as far as possible, a hem as close to 6 possible and postprandial after two hours around140, if you get that, you can already find a song in your teeth because today, and although there are many advances, we do not have an artificial pancreas that simulates the natural, and therefore we do what you can, and many insulins trymatch that but it can't be replaced, of course.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/19/2020 12:45 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers.The truth is that, as @meginer says, I am a little obsessed with the issue.I debuted in November last year, and still many of these concepts are a bit new to me.My question above all came because of the fact of putting myself or no more insulin (I usually put 3 or 4 units of FIASP).But, of course, if I do that, then I end up too low and I have to eat something to counteract.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/19/2020 12:52 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
Thank you very much for the answers.The truth is that, as @meginer says, I am a little obsessed with the issue.I debuted in November last year, and still many of these concepts are a bit new to me.My question above all came because of the fact of putting myself or no more insulin (I usually put 3 or 4 units of FIASP).But, of course, if I do that, then I finish too low and I have to eat something to counteract.

And it is worse because then it gives you the postbajada ascent and the good control you had.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/19/2020 12:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.